Options

PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)

Is your place like one of those Russian dolls Seren?  A tent in a house  ... do you have a kennel in the tent? image

Or a bucket?

• Options

and a hamster cage in the tent   image

• Options

Does anyone have my white LG armwarmers? I gave them to a pirate supporting before the finish chute. Can't remember who though....

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Proven Robbie W wrote (see)

RBM, I need a training partner for Channel Swim 2013...

Rw

So do I.

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Ace to read so many race reports! Such a privilege to be there supporting you all image Podds, so sorry about your wayward top and arm warmers - if I'd have been less dozy I would have picked them up and kept hold of them - but clearly I was working under the assumption that all-pirates-know-all-other-pirates-and-can-recognise-their-clothing (and I'd been standing up and shouting for about 11 hours by that point - not a good defence, but the only one I've got!) image

• Options

erm.......I think a pirate dog sort of got hold of a lot of clothes left for looking after. I witnessed a pair of socks and a cap at least. I confess that I laughed but I didn't have a game of tug of war with a wayward sock and a dog, oh no. image Purple will back me up here. 

• Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)

Results on OSB are now including the bike and run splits, but they dont tell you how many miles they are at  image

We will be taking standard swim, transition 1, bike, transition 2 & run splits, we are also taking the following splits with the approximate
    distances:

1. Bike Split 1 – 40.2 Miles
    2. Bike Split 2 – 66.4 Miles
    3. Bike Split 3 – 89.5 Miles
    4. Run Split 1 – 2.95 Miles
    5. Run Split 2 – 5.8 Miles
    6. Run Split 3 – 10.8 Miles
    7. Run Split 4 – 13.6 Miles
    8. Run Split 5 – 18.7 Miles
    9. Run Split 6 – 21.5 Miles

• Options
    IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Does anyone have my white LG armwarmers? I gave them to a pirate supporting before the finish chute. Can't remember who though....

Don't worry Cat - they're partying with my blue ones and what used to be a rather fetching grey and pink lycra hoodie somewhere in Nottingham..... image

Guess summer had best put in an appearance or we'll get cold arms image

• Options

I came i swam/cycled/ran and left my ironman virginity behind.image

that was big  day and the pirate support was overwhelming

thanks to all of you!

What to do next? well there is lying on the beach, surfing, smelling the roses and sweet nothing.

• Options
    fat buddha wrote (see)

nice new name Neil....image

and I never doubted you'd make it after Marshman once you got your head into the challenge and you did that superbly.  congrats!

Cheers FB. Top mentoring from a top bloke. Thank you. image The name will go when (if) the buzz wears off. Now, is IMW sold out?

• Options

Is it ever going to stop raining. Twice today, as my rain sodden tent has almost dried it has rained AGAIN image.

Flat.Footed's run/walk strategy got me going.

imageimage Nope the gulf stream has moved mate so far we can just call this freak weather if it stay's like after this year then errr how can I put this. You know the film day after tomorrow. While it's Hollywood the original idea came from science predictions enjoy. image

• Options

still places at wales.though over £400

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

Is it ever going to stop raining. Twice today, as my rain sodden tent has almost dried it has rained AGAIN image.

imageimage Nope the gulf stream has moved mate so far we can just call this freak weather if it stay's like after this year then errr how can I put this. You know the film day after tomorrow. While it's Hollywood the original idea came from science predictions enjoy. image

Er Cake I think you mean the Jetstream, i.e. high level air currents that travel around the globe. The Gulf stream is an ocean current and if it had moved that far south we'd have polar bears doing OW with us!! image image

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

still places at wales.though over £400

Tempting.... image

• Options
    IrO.n Little Sister wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)

Er Cake I think you mean the Jetstream, i.e. high level air currents that travel around the globe. The Gulf stream is an ocean current and if it had moved that far south we'd have polar bears doing OW with us!! image image

Sounds like my "warm-up" swim the week before Marshmanimage

• Options
    IrO.n Little Sister wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)

I think we should start a TV show called Cake Does Science, starring the man himself, a bottle of Glayva and maybe a cameo from Brian Cox.

• Options

image My uni course was Environmetal science I know a lot about it and best not to get me started after a couple of pint's. Sorry LS dyslexic moment your right jet stream but effected by the gulf stream and interconected. Basically fresh water into the gulf stream forces that south because of the different tempertures and that in turn effect's the jet stream. Won't meen a new ice age in our live times through. End result if this is happening and they won't say that until it happens 3 years in a 5 year block is wetter warmer summer's and wetter colder winter's. Should be noted through that there are also weather cycles dependant on the position of the sun and the earth and that will also be a factor. image

• Options

image Might be some "<span style="color: #000000;">super-cooled air from the upper troposphere" in there as well!! image

• Options

yep image Justslyly looking at it in geek moments and wondering at the moment. image

• Options

does anyone know why Bruce Lee was DQ'd?

he was really lovely - gee'd me on when i was flagging towards the end of the bike! so im gutted to hear he was DQ'd image

i recall one pirate took a photo of the DQ list and the reasons

• Options

image Didn't know there was a list can the pirate who took it shout up and say what it say's for me number 334. A few folks said sunday that they through I'd given up and was a right kick in the teeth. Lee if your out there ((((hugs)))))

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

Cake - you wouldn't have been on that list as it was a list of penalties handed out by the BTF refs, not any data on DNF's.   of the 5 DQ's, one was for abuse of officials in registration, one caught urinating in public (unlucky - that could have caught a few out reading the reports!!), the other 3 I don't recall.  loads of 2min penalties for drafting and a few other time penalties for various things

• Options

The other three were for dangerous riding, I think.

• Options

Oh, apart from the one for inappropriate dress (the guy in speedos & crop top), although he may have been reinstated later.

• Options

The Funkins took a picture of the penalty listing.  There was (originally) also a DQ for insufficient clothing, but I did read (on one of the Outlaw related threads) that this had been reclassified to a time penalty

Edit: x-post with DD

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

yeh - he was originally DQ'd for that (rulebook now says you can't have more than 10cm of flesh between the top of the bottoms and bottom of the top) as it's "illegal equipment" but he seems to have won an appeal I guess.   he should have been DQ'd on "fashion from the 90's" grounds....image

• Options
    Seems a bit anal considering they didnt have a problem with my mate and her i wear nothing under the wetsuit so will be nude in T1 prob image Faris Al Sultan and Phil Graves are fans of the bugie smuggler look personally it looks bloody uncomfortable plus i dont have sufficient cojones (or the rest of the equipment) to carry it off image
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

RBM - it only applies to those racing under BTF or ITU rules and that's decided by the event organiser.  WTC and Challenge have different rules and Faris and Phil Graves tend to race in those events so aren't confined so much.

if you look at elite and GB age group kit, they are now all rear zipped so you can't bare your nips and are designed to avoid the muffin rolls being seen.   it's partly a sop to the sponsors who want their logos to be read without a bloody big zip going through it or having someone's knockers distract.  

• Options
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

Oh, apart from the one for inappropriate dress (the guy in speedos & crop top), although he may have been reinstated later.

Got to admit that guy gave us a laugh every time he came past!  Thought it was a girl to start with and then realised it was a bloke.  Mr TST wondered if he'd left his stuff at home and had to borrow his girlfriends knickers! image

• Options

Did anyone else see the lass running holding her Ipod, and with headphones in her ears?

( and No it wasn't one of the non racers, as she had a race number on )