Options

Greenwich Park

Comments

• Options
    No idea!

but how did I magage to get blamed for the degeneration of the conversation topic on an afternoon when I was not even in the office!
  • Options
    Sorry Crafty - it was just the pressure of trying to hold your thread together in your absence that got to me! I don't think people understand the stress being social secretary carries...

...which reminds me...

======================
    Drinks on Thursday the 9th October at The Yacht pub in Greenwich!

If you've ever run in Greenwich Park, or if you want to run in Greenwich Park, (even if you've only heard of Greenwich Park..) do come along.

It's a pretty mixed group in terms of ability, experience and when we run (I am a 'lunatic' 6 am runner - I mostly run alone...) - the only really common ingredients - we're nice people, like running and most of us like the occasional drink :)

As last time - I'll be there from 7:00ish with a copy of Runner's World
  • Options

Thanks Gavo!! Love you like a brother!!

I think the 'cazzed' thing stems from the Trash Gang, headed up by 'Caz' and Snoop Dog who have a bit of a rep for trashing any semi-serious thread! Last I heard they were extremely proud of their rep and were looking for new recruits! I here that Gavo has recently signed up!

• Options
    That should of course read "I hear that Gavo has ....."
  • Options
    look forward to meeting you all on thursday evening. cant drink too much mind as i am running the chicago marathon on sunday
  • Options
    good an excuse as any to get absolutely blootered!

How will I recognise everyone. I will be the naked one in the corner wearing a smile! Feel free to approach me at any time.
  • Options
    Oh - errr - yes Willie - tell you what.... we'll find you...

If you do see a group with someone who looks like my pic holding a copy of RunnersWorld and talking about running and stuff - that's NOT us....Remember - we'll find you....

...on that note I'm off to live up to my reputation as a lunatic 6am runner...see you all tomorrow....at....

======================

If you've ever run in Greenwich Park, or if you want to run in Greenwich Park, (even if you've only heard of Greenwich Park..) do come along.

It's a pretty mixed group in terms of ability, experience and when we run (I am a 'lunatic' 6 am runner - I mostly run alone...) - the only really common ingredients - we're nice people, like running and most of us like the occasional drink :)

• Options
    Being Cazzed originated about a year back when Caz had the first deletion of a posting.

In the same way that when/if someone were to be Buglered they'd have had too much to drink.
  • Options
    Lelia, don't worry, you won't be the only one... I hear Soo's taking her marathon training v seriously too!

<snail ducks as something v solid is thrown across the room>

I'm still on antibiotics so can't drink anyway.

Plum, since when were you a Greenwich Parker? I've missed this development, thought you didn't come near our part of Sarf London! Did you spot it on an A-Z then??? Thought it would be a nice place for a drink, eh? :-)
  • Options
    Hi - Mrs Dogg is coming along for this one as well - it's alright though - she's heard all about the London Forum Socials (and had to go out in the middle of the night to collect me from far flung stations), AND she's met Plummie....

...so nothing should phase her tomorrow.
  • Options
    That's great Snoop - looking forward to seeing you both.

Is it your birthday today??? I vaguely remember you mentioning it at a previous get together. If it is - as social secretary of the Greenwich Park thread I wish you a very Happy Birthday!! If it isn't - I promise not to drink quite so much red wine next time we meet!

...which will be....
    ======================

• Options
    ta for that Soo yes it is today! - I'll get you a red wine tomorrow then - should be there about 8.15 p.m.
  • Options
    What a great memory! Happy birthday Snoop. All the best people have bithdays in October.
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more Crafty!
  • Options
    So true...mine on 2nd, daughter's on the 5th ex's on 2nd as well and current partner on 12th. All makes for muchos expense
  • Options
    but we're worth it!
  • Options
    being a Libran...I can't make up my mind about that Snoops...
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Once you've met him, you make your mind up very easily. Mrs Snoop is nice though.
  • Options
    Why is this forum having a Russell Grant moment? I'm expecting you to all turn up in colourful knitted jumpers tomorrow!
  • Options
    oooh, colourful? no thanks! black or grey for me, please!

• Options
    (Jon walks in looking like a cross between Giles Brandreth and a walking Christmas tree)

Don't know what yer on about mate...
  • Options
    So you must be Mystic Meg!
  • Options
    Jon, you're one of those annoying people who talk about themselves in the third person all the time aren't you.
    Nice Star of David earings by the way.
  • Options
    Sadly Jon isn't around to comment, but I suspect the answer is yes.
  • Options
    Snail goes for the Armani cool look. Being the dull lawyer I suspect I will also be appearing in uniform grey since they don't like it when I wear my lovely Norwegian jumber with bright red snowflakes on it to work. Shame really.

Have you noticed how the imminent prospect of drinking together has got us all "talking" again, something which running locally seems to not to have achieved!
  • Options
    haha! we have beaten Soo to her drinks reminder and filled a full page with drivel!
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and since the last GP social I haven't seen any of you lot in the park. Not that I'm there very often and deffo never at Snail / SBD time.
  • Options
    Crafty - you underestimate me!! (God I hope no one beats me to this post!!!)
    ======================

• Options
    And just to ensure I don't run the risk of losing my position as social secretary extraordinaire I'll post to the new page as well....

ha!

======================

• Options
    damn!!!! I hate when that happens.....

my resignation letter is in the post....
    =====================
    ======================