Options

Greenwich Park

Comments

• Options
    Best Russel Grant moment was on a blokes leaving card.....Someone wrote "Best of luck in your new job son, love Russel Grant"

I nearly p1ssed myself upon reading it...

This was as well as "we'll miss you loads regards the McDondalds Gang"
  • Options
    Snail.....I used to live in Old Woolwich road for about 5 years and before that I was in Christchurch way, All my early running involved the park in some way shape or form, whether hill reps or as a starting point for something longer.
    I do miss it since I move d to plumstead but usually run through or round it at lwast once a week still.
    In fact I will be there thursday afternoon for a while before stripping for the social.

Soo B Doo dont worry i have met you before so i will find you easily enough!
  • Options
    Armani cool?! I like that...

sadly, I usually wear black/grey because it simplifies my life and I can't be arsed to go clothes shopping. And it makes getting up in the morning easier.

I do have two navy suits, though. But to simplify that colour theme, I only buy pink or lilac shirts. Which can be worn with black if I'm feeling radical... but that can lead to indecision so it's best to keep the two themes in separate wardrobes!

plummy, I thought your connection with greenwich was going through it on the bus :-)

• Options
    Ooh, sounds like you need to be on 'What not to wear'!
    Sorry, I had a Russell Grant moment there.
    Which is quite typical of Scorpios.
    Stop it!
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    If you want to know what not to wear, have a look at Plummy's bandana collection.
  • Options
    I certainly wouldn't wear anything that Trinny or Susannah wears/recommends! Never has the phrase 'mutton dressed as lamb' been so apt... and sadly, they mistake fashion for style. A common faux pas, admittedly, but one with dire consequences for anyone over 25...

Think I'll stick to my grey/black and navy/pink combos if the alternative is to look like a trollope on a hen night...

Unless of course you thought I should be PRESENTING What Not to Wear, Domsk, in which case, thanks for the thought, sweetie, but I could never bring myself to do anything quite so vulgar!

:-)
  • Options

"Never has the phrase 'mutton dressed as lamb' been so apt... and sadly, they mistake fashion for style. A common faux pas, admittedly, but one with dire consequences for anyone over 25... "

Snail, that was nasty! A snail with claws? A Scat?

• Options

Oh yeah, I'm with Gavo on the opinion of Mrs. Snoop. She is indeed a babe!

Some may say that Snoops doesn't deserve her, but not me!
  • Options
    teehee, Multi!

Accidentally revealed my true self. Will try to keep claws sheathed under black gloves in future...

prrrrrrrrrrrr... see, soft'n'fluffy really!
  • Options
    A snail with an identity crisis?
    Well at least you seem to have come out of your shell.
    I'm sorry, it's been a long day, I should get an early night.
  • Options
    Drinks on Thursday the 9th October (TONIGHT!!) at The Yacht pub in Greenwich!

If you've ever run in Greenwich Park, or if you want to run in Greenwich Park, (even if you've only heard of Greenwich Park..) do come along.

It's a pretty mixed group in terms of ability, experience and when we run (I am a 'lunatic' 6 am runner - I mostly run alone...) - the only really common ingredients - we're nice people, like running and most of us like the occasional drink :)

As last time - I'll be there from 7:00ish with a copy of Runner's World
  • Options
    Uh oh... Can't come...

:(
  • Options
    aaw Jon...Why not...are you still on the wagon?
  • Options
    I got totally blootered last night... But that's the first time in 1.5 weeks.

WOLFY on the otherhand didn't even stop drinkin!
  • Options
    mmmm didn't see that on the wagon forum! right...back to work...hopefully not for long!
  • Options
    I'm back on it now though.
  • Options
    ten days on the wagon! you should be able to recover from drinking after than in less than 24 hours Jon!

I just realised what a bizarre collection of animals we are getting on this forum:

snails, cats, mice and monkeys.

perhaps we should open either a zoo or a freakshow (I am undecided as to which).
  • Options
    Crafty's right Jon - don't be such a wuss...I was also mildly intoxicated last night but I'll be there. The wagon will still be there tomorrow so you can get back on then.

But tonight...
    =============================
    Drinks on Thursday the 9th October (TONIGHT!!) at The Yacht pub in Greenwich!

If you've ever run in Greenwich Park, or if you want to run in Greenwich Park, (even if you've only heard of Greenwich Park..) do come along.

It's a pretty mixed group in terms of ability, experience and when we run (I am a 'lunatic' 6 am runner - I mostly run alone...) - the only really common ingredients - we're nice people, like running and most of us like the occasional drink :)

As last time - I'll be there from 7:00ish with a copy of Runner's World

• Options
    the WAGON is a silly thing and shouldn't be jumped apon. Think of the shortfall in tax revenue that would result if we all stopped drinking...we'd cripple the country. Therefore its patrotic to drink...go on folks...

Ask not what your country can drink for you...
    But what you can drink for your country!
  • Options
    Hmmmm... No... Deffo not coming out to play, although I will make a rather drunken appearance at the Anniversary Forumite Boozeup at the SJT...

I trust everyone will be in attendance?
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    I'm still on the wagon. No staying power these gingers.
  • Options
    I'm better at it that Wolfy though.
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Is she attached to the IV drip connected to a vat of chablis again?
  • Options
    so Jonny boy announces his intention to go to a social, uses it as his reason to chat, then decides to pull out on the day itself - well, what a surprise!

trust you wont be treating yer girlfriends the same way when you grow up, Johnny boy..
  • Options
    Erm...

I did intend on going, but something has "cropped up"
  • Options
    yippee its tonight.

booo no minkey to abuse
  • Options
    perhaps we can do you instead Plummie

btw - you dont look anything like Gene Wilder...on the other hand, you cast more than a passing resemblance to an Oompa Loompa.
  • Options
    thanks for that you geriatric old bu%%er
    Thats your pint out the window now, (not that my hand would have been in my pocket anyway)
  • Options
    oooo I'm all nervous...better get there early and sink a few...

So is it gavo that's the only one not drinking tonight...fair enough if your doing Dublin on Monday.
  • Options
    I'm doing Dublin on Monday, but you wont catch me holding back.

...oh, and thanks for not buying me that pint I wasn't expecting from you Willie.