Options

Greenwich Park

Comments

• Options
    Pictures? Egads... I think I'll wait until later today when I need a chuckle at work. (which based on the week so far won't take long!) Frankly, action photos fail to capture my gazelle like form or impressive speed :-) (Or am I really not 5'9" with long legs......)

See you on the 9th (usual advert follows...)
    Cheers, Soo.
    =================================
    Drinks on Thursday the 9th October at The Yacht pub in Greenwich!

If you've ever run in Greenwich Park, or if you want to run in Greenwich Park, (even if you've only heard of Greenwich Park..) do come along.

It's a pretty mixed group in terms of ability, experience and when we run (I am a 'lunatic' 6 am runner - I mostly run alone...) - the only really common ingredients - we're nice people, like running and most of us like the occasional drink :)

As last time - I'll be there from 6:30ish with a copy of Runner's World (and with any luck WITHOUT Jack!!)

Cheers, Soo.
  • Options
    Second gathering of Greenwich Park runners is this week so we have to keep this thread on the first page... Otherwise I fear it'll be me all alone, clutching my Runners World and slowly sinking into a drunken stupor -- much like any other Thursday then :) !!

If you've ever run in Greenwich Park, or if you want to run in Greenwich Park, (even if you've only heard of Greenwich Park..) do come along.

In non techy terms the pub is just sort of behind/beside the Trafalgar Tavern (very big pub on the river) at 5 Crane St. walking distance from Cutty Sark DLR, Greenwich Park and Maze Hill stations (or a short bus ride on the 188 from North Greenwich tube). I've actually never been but Snoop highly recommends it.

A high tech link kindly provided by our low tech lawyer....
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?x=538750&y=178250&zoom=1&isp=187&ism=500&arrow=y?54,162

It's a pretty mixed group in terms of ability, experience and when we run (I am a 'lunatic' 6 am runner - I mostly run alone...) - the only really common ingredients - we're nice people, like running and most of us like the occasional drink.

Indications of interest.....

Crafty Boy
    The Count
    Domsk
    Gavo
    Fruity Reindeer
    Multi (gone mysteriously quiet but I hear he's around somewhere...)
    The Plum
    Snail
    Snoop (who celebrates a birthday the day before I believe)
    SooBDoo

I'll be there from 7:00ish with a copy of Runner's World....

Cheers, Soo.
  • Options
    will be there, but late as have a work thing on that evening...
  • Options
    May I tag along?
  • Options
    Of course Jon, the more the merrier.
    Are you bringing the monkey?
  • Options
    Perhaps we might then discover more about you Jon, you have been holding your cards very close to your chest!
  • Options
    Jon - Well, only if you can answer yes to our skill testing 'have you ever run in, wanted to run in, or heard of Greenwich Park?' entry question.
    As you're a mate I'll give you a clue - it's the big green space in Greenwich...
    See you Thursday!
    Cheers, Soo.
  • Options
    Jon, maybe otherwise known as Jack?
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Jack makes more sense than Jon. Will be there late as I have college that night.
  • Options
    Is there a big green space in Greenwich?
  • Options
    We'll fill you in on your name change on Thursday Monkey Man.
  • Options
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah... Don't understand it at all... Seems to be a source of amusement though...
  • Options
    We are laughing with you, although obviously if you are laughing you're laughing without realising what it is you're laughing about.
    I'm not laughing anymore.
  • Options
    oooh hello there everyone. only just spotted this thread. I live in charlton so often out in blackheath/greenwich park. Finding it all very hard at the moment with the nights drawing in and boring runs round the streets of charlton are driving me MAD!!

Can't make this weeks pub meeting but will try not to be my usual shy self and come out to your next social if thats ok!

I am the tall blonde runner you have all been overtaking on the evil hills of greenwich park for the past year and a half by the way!!
  • Options
    I'm not laughing yet... Merely attempting to be silly... ish... maybe... Sort of...
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Jon - what bits didn't you understand?
  • Options
    The Jack bits...
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    He was a bloke sitting near SBD at the 1st social who we all thought was part of the group except that he was a bit of an, erm, strange boy. And strange for forum socials cannot easily be done.

Fortunately he seems not to have been on here or in the park since (to my knowledge anyway).
  • Options
    Ah... Right...
  • Options
    I bet you absolutely can't wait for Thursday can you!
    Gavo, is that a deliberate change of picture or are you really Baron Greenback in disguise?
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Penfold if you don't mind.
  • Options
    Don't worry Jon - no one really understands the Jack bits. Least of all Jack.

(Actually Gavo - Jack was just a random stranger who started to chat me up while I was waiting for you lot. I was happily saved by Multi (which is why he's my favourite))

Birdypie - Welcome - and looking forward to meeting you at our next gathering. I'm the short blonde who tries and fails to pass you (anyone really) on the evil hills....

Cheers, Soo.
    ======================

It's a pretty mixed group in terms of ability, experience and when we run (I am a 'lunatic' 6 am runner - I mostly run alone...) - the only really common ingredients - we're nice people, like running and most of us like the occasional drink :)

As last time - I'll be there from 7:00ish with a copy of Runner's World
  • Options
    That may be a picture of Penfold but in the world Dangermouse all is not as it seems!
  • Options
    Gavo certainly looks a bit like baron Greenback...
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Dangermouse was overrated - Penfold was the real brains behind that unit. My inspiration for working for central govt.
  • Options
    Cripes!
    It is true that Dangermouse was just a foil to the main attraction.
    Now I come to think about it, is there a family resemblance?
  • Options
    Hello Birdypie,

Good to see you have joined in on our random trivial thoughts. In fact we seem to talk about much more that run in the park so it is not that likely that any of us will have passed you on those lovely hills.
  • Options
    Excellent! I much prefer 'virtual' running in the pub anyway, find it much more theraputic.
  • Options
    .. that said, I do pride myself in the "last orders 100 yard dash" from Blackheath station to the Crown.
  • Options

Hi there folks! Hope you're all well !(that's not meant for you, Gavo!!)

Dunno if I'll be there on Thursday (got work coming out of me earholes!), but I'll definitely be there in spirit (no pun intended - well it was actually, but .. er .. yeah !) Anyway, have one on me, catch you all sometime soon!

Cheers (no pun intended .... er .... tell you what ....I'll get me coat!).