Options

Excited new runner

Comments

• Options
    Hi all. Managed to finish. Evil course. Didn't realise Macclesfield was in the foothills of the Himalayas image

Got awful stitch on 12 miles but walked/hobbled home in 1:49.22ish.
  • Options
    Bloody phone. Am trying to set a record for most posts in a row without a reply!
  • Options

You are doing well at it tripes, and a great official time too! Sure you'll break the 1:45 on a flat course.

• Options
    Well dOne Stripes. That's an awesome time on a hilly course. I'm sure you'd manage 1.45 in a flat course.
  • Options

Well done Stripes (or should I say Tripes - eh maam?)

That's an amazing time!!! only in my wildest dreams....

I did 11.5 this morning and my legs are buggered!!! I think because last week I did a 10k race and the week before a 5 mile race so i've not been doing such high mileage on sundays.... so to go from 6.2 mile to 11.5 was a bit of a shock to the old pins.  Never mind - I ate a complete three cheese and garlic and herb flatbread for dinner tonight!!!

• Options
    Thanks all.

Tripes - thats what I talk lots of image
  • Options
    Just limbering up for a tready run if anyone's interested!?!

Your fantastic running has spurred me on and I'm going to try for my 4m in 30mins at a steady 8mph. It's getting into heart attack territory for me but hey what else is there to do on a Sunday night? (I mean running not having a heart attack!)image

Will report back in how far I get in half an hour while listening to the Ryder Cup on radio 5. Oh sometimes you have to wonder if life can get any better! image
  • Options

Silver - are you ok? did you fly off the back of the treadmill or did it all go ok???

• Options

Stripes - amazing time image well done image and after getting a stitch at mile 12 you did brilliant image hope your ok today and not aching to much

Maam - you made me laugh calling stripes tripes haha

Silver - same as what Em said - are you ok image image

Em - well done again on all the running and mileage this month

Well I have had my worst month for mileage since I started image I did 6.24 yesterday so that brings my total mileage to 42 for September image oops must try harder image I shall endeavour to run everyday in Fuerte image

Here is a pic to make you all laugh of me just about to finish at HM 3 weeks ago, I was giving mum the thumbs up when she was fighting back the tears haha image

/members/images/657705/Gallery/me.JPG

• Options
    Hey Booey looking good - despite what appears to be a steep hill! Bet your Mama was so proud? My folks are very supportive of my running even though they never see me doing it. I guess that's what parents are for.

Good news is I survived the intense tready run but bad news is I didn't manage 4m in 30mins yet. I did however make 3.5m almost exactly which I'm pretty chuffed about. A constant 7mph. The step up to 8mph for that length of time is a big one but I'll get there.

I have to say despite the lack of scenery and reduced distances I am loving the intensity of the tready workouts. I sweated buckets last night so I must be working harder - either that or the treadmill is too close to the boiler! Haha - I'm not kidding is right next to it - I'll probably die of carbon monoxide poisoning before I reach my 4 miles!
  • Options

Hi all

Some funny comments making me chuckle.

Tripes - sorry for the new name, was a typo, even though you do talk it image especially when the phone goes into overdrive.

Boo - brilliant pic

Silver - good running, wish I had a tready, not that I could use it image

Em - plodding on as always - how are the legs doing? is it this week your fella is back or have I missed a week? Don't know if I'm coming or going image

I'm staying positive, Friday is hoping to be a good day, going to shadow a possible new job, hopefully move on to next stage of physio (The Gym!), folks are coming over and going to see a friends band image Not a bad outlook. And all that after a 3 day week image

Ok, off to review my CV

• Options

CV's are so hard!!!! I'm all worn out now image Made a start though but need more info from work to finish image

• Options

Booey - love the pic!!! why is your face not scarlet and where's the grimace?

Silver - the tready is meant to be really good for getting your general run pace up, so I wish I had one for that reason!

Tripes (I think this could stick) - how you feeling today?  my legs were buggered after sat of spinning / vibration plate and kettle bells and sunday 11.5 miles.... I did a spin class tonight and my arms are seriously bruised from the handlebars.  

Maam - legs are bit better now thank goodness.... OH fly's into Gatwick on wednesday night / thursday morning.  To say I am excited is THE understatement of the century.  I missed him image but two more sleeps!!!! imageimageimage YAY!!!!!

Mal - hello lady! hope you're not drowning in coursework.  How's the OU treating you?  little'uns doing ok? xxx

Margrit - any more long runs planned? how long have you been running for??

• Options

Em - know I was excited to see my OH last year when I went on holiday for 2 weeks. Can't imagine how you must be feeling image All I'll say is catch up with you next week image

• Options

hee hee - yes!!! the long sunday run may have to be replaced with some other form of physical activity!!!image

• Options

Hi

Just thought I would register and say hello. I stopped smoking around a month ago and have been running ever since, I tend to run every other day and Im slowly building my distance and fitness. I have to say that Im finding it very addictive and cant get over how good I feel. Im running 4 miles at a decent pace on a treadmill but got a rude awekening when I went for a road run, Im going to have to get outside and run as much as I can as I found it really difficult, guess its due to my muscles getting used to running on a flat surface (have only just started to use the treadmill on an incline).

Running was a big part of my life at school and was a keen member of Gosforth Harriers (god knows if they still exist) but I packed it all in, 20 years later Im wishing I never stopped.

First real target is to complete next years Great North run in under 2 hours but Im sure I will find something that interests me before then. As some others have said just hope I continue to feel the way I have, love it !

• Options

John - welcome and good running. Good to hear that you are enjoying it so very much. I too am looking to do the GNR next year after defering from this year with injury.  Keep up the good work and let us know how you get on.

Em - love the post

Silver - agree there was only one answer

Tripes - how you getting on?

Boo - how are the hands? Is the colder weather getting to you, my hands hurt, as does the knee.

Mal - hope you are doing ok image

As for me, I'm fed up, but pushing on. My car is annoying as it has an intemittant fault that hasn't happened since march and played up tonight image signs of the winter months an unreliable car. My lotto ticket ran out on Sunday and I didn't get chance to renew with trying to sort the car image  Oh, didn't get my workout done either. Today is just not fair. Here is to tomorrow being better and maybe a nice big lotto win image

Staying happy and stong, even if do have the odd grumble image

• Options

Hi John

First of all - massive congratulations on giving up smoking. Being an ex smoker myself, I know that its a big deal!  Hopefully you're not getting any cravings and to substitute one habit for another is great - especially when your new habit is running.  Stick with it!!  I basically traded an unhealthy lifestyle for a much more health focussed one.  Smoking was my biggest stupidest mistake to make but also my biggest achievement to give up!

Maam - hope the car is ok!!! I got two cars at the moment - one has a potential head gasket and the other one (both 10 years old) I got pulled by the police in as i'd missed the MOT.  oops.  that was embarrassing last week on the M27!!

Silver - lol - I must've caught it off you and your earlier posts (mrs silver in the garage??) image

Hope everyone else is ok - i'm watching my recording of the great british bake off.  Tonight i've been cleaning, painting, washing to get the place sorted for tomorrow when I bring home my man image  Cannot wait!!!!!image

• Options

Come on then Maam and Emma which one of you'se has hacked my settings and changed the username? image

Hi John. Welcome to the most serious thread on the forum.

First chance I've had since Sunday to upload the race and guess what. The watch clocked 13.09 miles so my total for the month was 99.99 miles. Gutted image

Found this picture of me and my mate after 4 miles on Sunday(I'm 298), can't think what we are looking at image

/members/images/675403/Gallery/IMG_0424.jpg

• Options

Tripes - loving the new name image also when you enter a race you should always go by their mileage and time so you have done 100 miles image garmins are not that accurate.  Oh and love the piccie image and yes you do look like you are looking right at her bottom haha

John - welcome to the forum and well done on quitting smoking image we have a giggle on here so keep calling to see us and let us know how you are doing image

Maam - my arthritis is great image but I am getting side affects from the methorexate this past week or so image I wont go into detail image I am due my first injection today and hospital said they will talk to me about it when I get there image so unsure what they will say until then image and just when I thought it was all going well image and I am a tad worried as I go on hols tomorrow

Em - enjoy your OH being home image

Well I finish at lunchtime today and off to Fuerteventura tomorrow image yeehaa cant wait image so I will catch up with you all when I am back

Takecare

Boo x

• Options

Boo - have a great holiday.

Tripes - loving the new name.

Em - sounds like you have been busy

I'm on lazy day off and trying to motivate but in quite a bit pain, waiting for tablets to kick in x

• Options

Ok, housework done - ish, CV calling but first exercise and eating image

• Options
    Hello all and welcome John.

Tripes - love the new name and the photo is a classic - well if it keeps your speed up why not follow a pretty lady! Haha! I'm sure you can take the 13.1m and claim a century last month.

Boo - have a great holiday you lucky thing - are you taking your runners??

Ma'am- sorry to hear about the car troubles I've been there and it drives you mad doesn't it. I had a car with an alarm problem which always went off at 2am. The only way to stop it was disconnecting the battery every night. The neighbours loved me!

John - great news on the running and end to smoking. I'm pleased to have another tready runner on the forum. I've run outside since April last year but time constraints have led me to buy a treadmill. I'm loving it but miss the great outdoors a lot. Running outside is always harder on the limbs and the lungs!
  • Options

Speaking of the tready - how is it going? The sessions getting any easier?

I'm fortunate in that my car alarm doesn't keep going off (touch wood it doesn't start), it is an electronic accelerator control fault, it is intermittant, flashes on and off occasionally but once it starts it does it every 15 secs or so for the whole journey. Push it for long enough (about 10 miles) and it cuts power, reduces throttle response and makes your top speed 19mph! Hence I don't go far in her anymore, it's been like this for about 2.5 years and even the ford garage can't fix it image I'm lucky in that it has only cut power on me twice, unfortunatley both times on the motorway image  Praying for that big lotto win so can change car, but still hoping & praying. Would solve so many problems, but miracles just don't seem forthcoming image

On the bright side I've got a job, a great OH, good ish health and brilliant friends image

Really must go do this CV

Oh, did my upper body cardio again tonight followed by some crunches image Arms are aching, heaven help my legs when I hit the running again image

• Options

Tripes - LOVE the pic.  I'd be staring at her bot too to be honest - she looks really perky!!!  

Right - better pack the car up now - I'm off to gatwick!!! YAY!!! you all know why image

• Options

See you next week Em - have fun image

• Options

Enjoy the homecoming image

• Options
    Have a great reunion Em!!

You sticking with that name then Stripes?

Tready is still great Maam. I'm sweating buckets which must mean they are doing me some good - I think. I'm actually enjoying the new challenge of running faster for a shorter length if time. I'm missing the outdoors a lot but at least it's keeping me fit until I can start my lunch runs again - although with the weather turning I'm not sure how frequent they will be from now.

Well done on your upper body workout - sounds gruelling!