Options

Chester marathon 2012

Comments

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

nd also to continue Jason's list (and add a little balance) :

<strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">sub 2.56.44

•  <strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">jason d

<strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">sub 3:51:00

• <strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">Bruce C
    <div style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">
    <div style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Compo 1     sub 3h30
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Think that needs some repair work!

We putting our top target?

• Options

sub 2.56.44

• jason d

sub 3:51:00

• Bruce C

sub 3:20:00

• Gazelle

sub 3:05

• GazOC

sub 3:30

• Compo 1

15West, yes top target but it can change either way closer to the start dateimage

• Options
    Think I've entered the wrong race!! You all seem very fast.

Would be happy with sub 4:15
  • Options

Glad you said that, I was beginning to feel the same about my sub 4:30 target!

15West - how did you get on at the physio?

• Options

sub 2.56.44

• jason d

sub 3:51:00

• Bruce C

sub 3:20:00

• Gazelle

• GazOC

• Compo 1

• WFMATE
  • Options

Oops seem to have lost Up The Boro and Alison

sub 2.56.44
    jason d

GazOC

sub 3:20
    Gazelle

Compo 1
    WFMATE

sub 3:51
    Bruce C

sub 4:15
    Up The Boro

sub 4:30
    Alison Preece 2

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Hi Alison - was ok...asked lots of questions, looked at my feet while standing, did some stretching and massaging etc. She thinks it's possibly an injury due to uneven surfaces on Gtr Manc Marathon. Didn't say stop running - choice mine I guess. So - errr..I should have really asked if she thought was PF, but didn't - but now I'm thinking it isn't. Went for 30 minutes run today with no problems, and no post aches so I reckon, whatever it is, it's recovering well. Finger's crossed.

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭
    Bruce C wrote (see)

sub 2.56.44
    jason d

GazOC

Gazelle

Compo 1
    WFMATE

Bruce C

Up The Boro

Alison Preece 2

sub 3:10
    15 West

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

ah - that doesn't look good.

try again.

sub 2.56.44
    jason d

GazOC

Gazelle

Compo 1
    WFMATE

Bruce C

Up The Boro

Alison Preece 2

15 West

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

That goal is only 3 minutes faster than current PB - so may change depending on how training goes.

• Options

I'm in, although it's 2 days after my birthday.  I'll have to be restrained on the cake if I'm going to try for a PB. 

• Options
    Can someone tell me why this thread shows "Full" next to the online entry button?

I could get into the Entry page via the website, right through to the payment page... Need to know as OH trying to get leave to accompany me before I enter.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Not full - it's a bug on runnersworld website.

• Options
    Just read back a couple of posts- question has been posed and answered.

Thanks for the confirmation though 15W
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Purely aspirational at the moment ... just returning from prolonged injury and no idea if I'll get my fitness back. May be revised heavily once I admit to myself just how unfit I am.

sub 2.56.44
    jason d

GazOC

15 West

sub 3:15
    Dr.Dan

Gazelle

Compo 1
    WFMATE

Bruce C

Up The Boro

Alison Preece 2

• Options

That's me entered.

Buxton half in 3 weeks.

• Options

Booked accomodation yesterday but quite a few places seemed to be full already so if you need somwhere to stay I'd do it sooner rather than later!

xe - fully recovered now?!

• Options

Thanks for asking AP, suffice to say I went for my first run on Sunday, post Manchester, 6 miles and felt okay.

It feels good to go running just for the fun of it, and not to a schedule, that said, I am also looking forward to starting the training for Chester.

• Options

Glad to hear your feeling better xe.

General question - when people aren't training for a specific race what sort of running schedule do you follow? I like my running to be quite structured but I'm not sure what I should be doing between now and when I start marathon training. Is there some kind of maintenance schedule out there?

• Options

Alison, glad you asked that, as I'm looking for something similar.

Just did Manchester Full then Chester Half on Sunday, so now looking for a schedule that will keep me ticking over but not overly stressful until Chester training starts end of June.

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

For me last year, pre-mara training involved lots of easy mileage (sub 70% maxHR), including a 14M LSR, plus one or two 6-10M sessions as sub-lactate threshold (83% maxHR) ... ala "Hadd" ... provides an excellent base for marathon training.

I'm planning the same again but am somewhat behind schedule!

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

I follow 18 week training plans which for Chester marathon starts beginning of June - unless I've worked that out wrong. In meantime I've been just trying to run again since Manchester, and now doing some last minute speedwork before Manc 10k this weekend. After that for rest of month just going to build up mileage and forget speedwork.

• Options

June 4th I think. No rest for the wicked!

• Options

I'm going for a 15 week plan (based pretty much on my Manchester one but with slight increase in some of the speed empo session levels) and I've got it starting on June 25th.

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

got Eyam half on Sunday

• Options

Good luck compo. I've got Freckleton Half in 4-5 weeks and at the moment its feeling like its going to be a little too soon after Manchester marathon.

• Options
    Not really thought about it yet! Although should do soon, 16 weeks should be enough i hope, which still gives me a month. Just trying to get back running after Manchester, legs still feel a bit heavy - is this usual after a marathon (as i've only done the one up to now?). Also picked up 'Man-flu' which hasn't helped.
  • Options

I've only done 2 Boro but my legs are still nowhere near "right". 

• Options

Entered my 1st ever marathon - Chester 2012. Have done one HM - Reading 2012, in 2hrs 8m last month, am training for/hoping for a sub-4hr marathon - but will have to see if my body can do that!