Options

2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Blimey indeed! Last time I booked it as a short break with 2:09 Events so was not aware of the demand. Thanks for that AGF, just as well I did not start planning. image 

Fingers crossed for a swift recovery kaz, sounds like you need a good rest before the Paris build up.

F

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Kaz- no sense on rushing back too early. Enjoy the rest image

My plans for the second half of 2013 are flexible at the moment, but I'm thinking of doing Abingdon. Unless Chester is the Masters Champs again....A lot will depend on what happens in VLM ....

NP- hope Dublin went well?
  • Options

Just confirmed my Berlin Place, emails out earlier than expected!!image

Yes I think I will have to rest, home from work early feeling awful but I am wondering if it is the cold?? Work was absolutely freezing??

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Well done on getting the Berlin place Kaz. Get well soon...

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Frankfurt finish...

/members/images/681851/Gallery/orig-FMNA6590_(419x800)_(2).jpg

• Options

Looking strong at the finish Tek

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH: not quite as calm and collected as the 10k photo...LoLimage

• Options

Nice One Kaz. I have just completed my registration for Berlin too..... Happy Days image

Nice Photo Teknik. I agree with OH....looking strong at the finish !!  I can imagine it was nice overtaking lots of people in the last 10K as you stayed strong and they were fading... 

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Trek- nice photo!

Pouring when I left the house, dry by the time I parked up Just over 6m of acive recovery Legs feeling better every day
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Kaz,

Well done on getting a place.

Tek,

Great photo.

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Great photo Tek! Is the finish indoors?

Just back from 10.1 miles fairly relaxed running, 2 degrees out there so it is cold kaz. Great news on getting the Berlin places kaz and AGF. Forgot it is Halloween - far too busy out there!

F

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

AGF well done on the Berlin place....and yes, it was a real boost when for the first time I wasn't one of the faders...

Jason well done on the recovery

HM hope you're ok

Fiona yes, the course winds it way inside race HQ, on to a red carpet finish complete with flashing lights, tinsel showers, pom-pom girls and the greatest hits of the Hoff blasting out...actually it was awesomeimage

---

Going to the club now to try out my knee...

• Options

Nice running guys

Tek - Nice pic, finish sounds awesome!

Kaz - Hope you're better soon

-------------

7.35 miles this morning for me. Lower HR than the same run last Thursday morning, and 3 minutes faster. Excellentimage

As for next year, Alloa HM as a pacer for my mate and Grangemouth 10k in March. Marathon in April, either Lochaber or Manchester. Then Loch Ness in September. I want to fit another HM in there somewhere, possibly Dundee, but depends when I'm on holiday. Loads of parkruns too...

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Nice running Stuart - great improvement in a week!

---

5.7m in the mud and hills, HR all over the shop, but knee was "ok".

• Options
    Stuart- well done image

Tek- glad the knee holding up...

A bit windy and chilly out, but lovely sunshine here. Decided to leave the mud andthe hills for a while longer and stick to the flattish road today. 10m nice and easy in 1.18.46 (7.52 av). Legs getting there image Off for sports massage later on for a battering
  • Options
    Nice running folks.

Jason-I did 10 too... But my easy pace is more than a minute/mile slower.... image
  • Options
    AGF- well done image

Went for sports massage and got the all clear, although legs are still retaining a bit of fluid from Saturday's mauling!
  • Options

Good running guys
    just 5.8 tonight after a busy day.

• Options

Hi Peeps long time no see, work and stuff getting in the way again......

Great running TEKNIK likes the race report and photo, great even splits for the whole 26.2 milesimage

Jason nice running so close to you A race well done mate it shows your fitness level.

Fiona missed the heart thing hope everything is ok (((((Fiona)))))

AGF and Kaz well done in getting into Berlin looks like everyone is now looking at next year.

I had a very enjoyable run with Kelly in Dublin, it was her first marathon and I got her round in 3:47:15 which got her a GFA time for London 2014image I had a trip/fall in mile 16 and ended up in A&E in Dublin that night as what I thought was a sprain turned out to be a broken radius. The break is quite clean but halfway through the joint I have to wait till the 10/11/12 when I go back to the fracture clinic to see if it will need to be pinned....So six weeks on the sick, so plenty of planning time now......

• Options
    NP- ouch! Can you still run? Well done to Kelly image

Fiona- I missed that too. Hope everything's ok....

OH- well done
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Jason nice 10m hope the massage helped

AGF well done on the easy 10

OH well done for getting the run in after a busy day

F I missed that too - take care

NP thanks and well done on getting Kelly round in a GFA. Running with a broken forearm - you keep upping the bar for "hard as nails" !! Hope that fixes itself quickly...

----

massage and yoga here - the latter was torture as every muscle in my legs hurt...

• Options

Well Done NP. However Sorry to hear about the fall. I hope you recovery quickly and it does not impact your VLM preps.

Tek, Sub 4 is forever - aches are temporaryimage

An Easy 6 early today....

• Options

Tek- the massage certainly helped- though not at the time!image

6.37m recovery today. Starting to get bored with recovery and low mileage and getting twitchy againimage

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Why didn't my post from yesterday?  Oh well nevermind.

Well done on everyone's training.

--------

NP,

Hope the arm heals quickly.

Tek,

I'm fine.  I've found out that a work colleague's OH was a personal trainer so I may use that instead of Insanity.

• Options

NP - Hope you're ok

Tek/AGF/OH/Jason - Nice runs

----------

Eventful day for me. Smashed a spanner off my hand at work, then cycled into a fenceimage I'm a bit of a danger to myself at times... Other than that, gym (upper body push) this morning, and I'm just in from a gentle 6.4 mile run. 

• Options

Be careful Stuart...... At least your running is going well - even if you are injuring yourself when not running !! image

A parkrun for me this morning. 20:54. Less than 30 secs below from PB shape - which I am pleased with as I was hoping to be within 1 minute as just coming back from injury. So A line drawn the sand and hopefully with 8 Weeks consistent training I can get a PB in the new year image

• Options

Nice parkrun AGF. 

6 miles, inc. parkrun @ ~21.20 this morning. Not too happy with this. Wanted a PB before my birthday (so I'm down to one more attempt), but after running the 1st 2 miles reasonable well, I inexplicably cruised the last mile and a bit. I think possibly as I realised I couldn't catch the girl I was chasing...

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Jason - what's the mileage plan this month?

AGF - nice parkie!

HM - good plan

Stuart - Ouch. I gave up chasing girls a long while agoimage. You'll do it next time!

---

6m with the club.  HR still very elevated post-marathon, knee back on ice...

• Options
    Stuart- good luck with the last attempt!

Tek -no idea about mileage this month. Just cruising and recovering at the moment. Did toy briefly with the idea of a 6m tempo run this morning, but not for long image
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Stuart,

Careful. Well done on the training.

AGF,

Well done.

Tek,

Thanks.  Hope it works.