Options

2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• Options

Thanks NP, that makes sense. Every time before I've tried doubles I got injured as I jst threw in extra runs. This time I'll build the miles, split the runs then build again. image Enjoy London.

Good to see you getting out again kaz.

Nice reps Stuart.

OH/kaz you'll be even darker than here in Inverness image

6 miles easy tonight on the TM. Was to be reps but tired so thought 6 miles easy better than no miles.

F

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

HM hope you're better

F nice treddie sessions yesterday and today.  I think I've now got a permanent scar from the HRM...

NP nice 6m. Hope you enjoy the jog around London tomorrow...might see you on the telly on Sunday, then?

Kaz glad you're on the road to recovery...hope the kids enjoy the Parade

Stuart good interval session

OH well done on the 6.76m yesterday

---

Short 5m recovery for me. Knee a little better. Think I'll start my new streak now...

• Options

OH - Does it actually get light during the winter for you!image Given that I work constant nights, I see next to no daylight during the week anyway.

Fiona - Nice run

Tek - Hope the knee is ok

---------

Gym today, just done some weights. Planned to do a short run on the treadmill, but legs are a wee bit sore, so didn't bother.

7 w/parkrun, 4 and 12-13 planned for the weekend

• Options

SM6
    In midwinter it gets light about 10, dark again at 3pm. On an overcast day it never really gets light. Dark when you go to work, dark when you come home.image
    ... but in summer, you can continue outdoor activities until gone 11pm quite happilyimage
    or if you are Kaz, start running at 4am in daylightimage

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

My voice is coming back and I managed 90 mins on the phones today.  I'm so pleased I'm not working tomorrow.

----------

Well done on everyones training.

• Options

Tek, Just got around to watching your video. Nice One. You certainly were looking strong there. A lot of folk around - must have been lots of dodging folk all the way around?

Like the Pic too NP. Enjoy your time in London at the weekend. 

Well done on everyone elses training too...people all seem happy enough at the moment and planning for next year.

Things are good here. Looking forward to the weekend. Running, Football, Beer and Food. Happy Days   ( I am a simple man ) 

• Options

Back to the hospital today gor a nice new blue cast onimage still got to go back next week not sure if they will pin it or notimage.... Went out the door for my hill run at 5pm as I fly to London tomorrowimage So Teknik look out for the Fire Officer with the blue castimage.

SM6 Nice interval session.

OH nice running.

Teknik glad the knees getting better.

HM4 shhhhhhhhhh.......

Fiona agree 6 is better than 0 image

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

AGF,

Enjoy the weekend.

• Options

OH - must be light before 4 in the summer? I was up at Fort William in June, and it was (what I'd call) light by the time I woke up at half 3. And you must be nearly a couple of hundred miles north of that. Depends on your definition of light, I suppose...

HM - Hope you're feeling betterimage

AGF - Sounds like a cracking weekendimage Enjoy!

NP - Hope you enjoy London!

----------

7.5 miles w/20.44 parkrun this morning. Shiny new PB to start the dayimage 

I keep reading that the benefits of interval training won't kick in for a few weeks. Which I guess could be true, but the mental boost of being reminded that I can actually run faster than I think seems to help me straight off the bat.

Gym later on still to come.

• Options

SM - Congrats on the shiny new PBimage

As for daylight, it usually is 'light' here, where you can see all night towards the end of June beginning of July, but it is proper daylight at about 3.30-3.45am. The best time of the day!!! Especially if there is low lying mist/haze, it makes for lovely early morning runningimageimage

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH blimey, hope you don't suffer from SAD

HM enjoy the day offimage

NP I'll look out for you!

AGF thanks - it was less packed than it looks, although the 50m section leading inside was a bit cramped.  Enjoy your week-end! (All men are simpleimage)

Stuart great PBimageimage. Well done fella!!

Kaz...running at 3.45am?image

------------

6.5m with the club this morning...all ok here

• Options

Yip TEK, I love early morning running, plus it frees up my evenings for dog walking and gardening.imageimageimage

I did tomorrows planned 7 miles this morning just as the sun was rising. Lovely views from the top of the hill out towards Hoy, although very guttery as I couldn't see where I was going!! image I must get a new head light that actually gives me some light!!! The one I have is just plain useless. If anyone has any suggestions??

• Options

Kaz "guttery" - suspect I'm the only one who recognises that term on this threadimage
    I hate running with a head light - I prefer to let my eyes get used to the available light - although often hampered by headlights on passing cars.
    Agree the early morning light is often lovely but I've yet to get up to run in it!

SM6 - congrats on new PB image

• Options
    Some great running going on well done, managed three laps of St James park all sub 7mm nice to stretch the legs.
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Good news is I'm getting there.  My voice is much stronger & I've now got a cough which is completely usual for me.  Will just have to see how long this will last.

Well done on everyone's training.

--------------

Kaz,

Have a look on Amazon at the reviews.  That should give you some idea.

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Kaz well done on y'day's 7m

OH you're right - can't even google "guttery"image

NP well done on the run

HM hope you shake the cough

---

8.66m this morning, nice and relaxed.

• Options
    Gutter=mud (Orcadian)
  • Options

9 miles today on a cool but bright short afternoon.
    (denifinitely night now 16:50)

• Options

Todays plan sorta fell apart quickly, but I think that's no bad thing!

Cycled to the gym, then planned to do 3-4 miles on the treadmill then some weight, before going home then to the pub. Got bored of the treadmill after about a mile, and have decided to stay in and watch the tennis instead of the pub!

Toying with the idea of going for a short run in the next hour, but even if I don't I'm happy with the weeks training. Slight weight drop again this week, don't think I've been this weight since I was at school...

• Options
    Evening all! Plenty going on as always....

NP- hope you're enjoying London image

SM6- well done on the weight loss. I've put on a few pounds since my marathon....

Busy weekend for me- Gwent League XC yesterday in Brecon, followed by a very muddy and hilly trail race today. The mud was worse on the trail race than the XC! Still, won a bottle of wine, so worth the mud bath! image
  • Options

A chilly morning but would be a nice one to be out running!

It looked a beautiful day in London yesterday NP.

Lots of good weekend training going on.

Nice win jason. Stuart well done on the weight loss.

Did lots of cooking for my parents Golden wedding celebrations on Saturday so had to cut the run short, just did 7 miles. Managed a 10 mile turbo (28:44) whilst things in the oven.image 9 easy miles yesterday, heart rate getting lower. image

F

• Options

stuart, Congratulations on the PB. An excellent effort and you got it before your birthday image

Congrats to your parents Fiona - thats a brilliant acheivement....I bet they loved the food too. Great to see the improvements too.

Well done with the bottle of wine win Jason - sounds like a great way to relax after the muddy excitement !!

I have a half marathon at the weekend. Its off road not not eyeballs out - more of a threshold run. So plan to have a cutback week in terms of mileage an let the body recover a little before pushing on again next week image

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

Congrats to your parents.

Tek,

Thanks.

----------

Well done on everyone's training.

• Options
    Home late last night after a very long day but what an honour and a very moving experience, even managed to get my photo taken outside No 10 and saw all the royalsimage

Out for a bit of a speed session this afternoon just over 6 miles with 11 sets of intervals in of between 200 and 400m.

AGF good luck with the half marathon.

Fiona hope you enjoyed the evening with your mum and dad, congratulations to both of them. And also your getting in some great sessions.

Jason hope you enjoy your wine and well done mate.

OH nice running

Teknik nice running

SM6 stick at it.
  • Options
    Fiona- congratulations to your parents! image

AGF- thanks, but the mrs got the wine. Brownie points for me! Good luck with the half image

NP- nice running, mate image

I went out for a 5m recovery run tonight and ended up tripping over a bloody great rock on the path! Scraped my elbow, but no real damage thanks to my parachute roll! image I even stopped my Garmin as I stopped rolling imageimage
  • Options

Jason - Wll done on racesimage Hope you're ok after your fall

Fiona - Congrats to your parents, and nice training too!

AGF - Good luck with the half

NP - Good running

-----

12.5 miles @ ~10.00 for me today. Probably should have ran a bit faster, but it was nice and easy.

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

jason LOL re garmin, and well done on the XC winimage

OH well done on the 9m

F congrats to your parents and nice 9 miler

AGF enjoy the recovery week

NP glad you enjoyed the day, and nice intervals

Stuart good run - nice and easy

---

nothing here - decided to rest up and let the knee sort itself out properly

• Options

Jason watch out you could be joining my club image 4 more weeks in pot.....

SM6 nice running.

Trknik some times less is more.

4 miles easy/recovery as my legs are heavy following yesterdays intervals,

• Options
    Nice running Stuart.

Look after yourself Jason

Look after yourself too Teknik.

Glad you had a good time in London with the high and mighty NP.

A lively 10 miler tonight with a very steep hill. Feeling good for it image
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason,

Well done on the run.  Hope there's no lasting damage from the fall.

Tek,

Fingers crossed for you.

Stuart & AGF,

Well done.