Options

2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• Options
    I always eat before I run because I get hungry otherwise.

2011 was 2045 miles, loads of races, PBs in every distance except the marathon.
    2012 will be a marathon PB.

NP - I'll be in he Chandos post VLM. I'll wait for you image

Fiona - most of us are on Fetch
  • Options
    Oh, and happy new year and all that
  • Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Great running Fiona nice to see you on Fetch.
    MF nice to see you getting back into it.
    Gobi great park running
    USB nice to see you building
    AGF nice 13 miles, and yep I'm Firesac on Fetch.
    Kaz I always try to get up a couple of hours before my long runs and eat porridge and a banana, I also started to take a protein shake after any ten in double figures.
    Will be Wednesday I think before I will get out, still coughing up green stuff and sweating so much through the night it's like trying to sleep in a puddle OH bless her has changed the bed 4 times so far, but think I'm starting to get the better of it now.......
    Will start back doing 4 miles twice a day.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Great running guys

MF- well done on the 5k

Gobi- 3 Parkruns??? You are a machineimage

After Friday's Long Run, I decided to cut today's run back in both distance and paceimage. 16 wet, windy and hilly miles at 7.54 av. 8 miles of constant uphill, but then back the same way- so 8m downhill- and I was glad of it!image  My biggest week so far (except for when running doubles): 102.74m in 13:42:20 over 7 sessionsimage

• Options
    Thats some week Jason. Nice one!
  • Options
    Another Fetchie here ............... and very easy to find
  • Options
    NP- I tried soya protein shakes last year but always got stomach cramps after? All the rest I've looked at contain milk? Any suggestions??

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Chic high5 and make up with water image
  • Options

Spoons - There is the Bupa London 10K for us FAST boys !

Breakfast , i always try 2 lemon and raisin pancakes and a banana before any run, then i don't feel like snacking before lunch.

Try Lucozade Protein shake after 10 + miles.

Finished 2011 with a 7.5 miler 1 hour 17, with a group of friends, time to get those new teail shoes on and up the mileage.

• Options
    A very cold, snowy and dark run this morning. Decided I don't like running in the dark here as I dont know any of the side roads very well and main roads too busy.

Going shopping in Stirling tomorrow so time to investigate protein shakes I think.

Off now to be an observer at a motorbike trial my BF is doing. Should be fun.......image
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Darren and kaz- well doneimage

Post Xmas weigh-in this morning- and I thought I'd been pretty goodimageimage and run it all off!! 10.5m PRE-breakfast this morning- and breakfast was porridge made with waterimage. Right off to find that hair shirt as well now

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Jason: LOL

4m very easy this morning. 100 press-ups and 100 squats...long run tomorrow.

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
    Well done guys.
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭
    HY4: I was thinking about your Bacchus marathon - don't think I can get away with a tutu anymore. The wine at the water stations is tempting though...image
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Teknik,

Perfect solution for you - Jester style shorts/running tights in club colours!

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

That made me laugh jason! I'm back down to my regulation 2 chocs a day. No weight gain over Xmas but didn't lose any either.

Careful on those roads kaz.

NP hope you get well soon but lots of time for training.

Teknik - 100 press-ups image No run today, snowing and side still sore so will go do some core work.

I always eat before a run as I just get too hungry (if a long one). I actually look forward to gels. image

2169.3 miles in 2011.  

Off to put silicone sealant round a shower base. Started it in March so didn't quite finish it in 2011!

F

• Options

Kaz - Shopping in Stirling? Thats where i live,small world and all that ,both of us doing loch ness mara as well.

Loving this base building lark at the moment.

4 miles easy for me this am ,following a bit of advice ive been doing my first mile slightly slower then easing gradually into it and its kept me at a very consistent pace for the last 3.Heres  the splits

9.46,9.02.9.03 ,8.56

Interesting last mile as it has two decent hills in it so glad too see the effort stayed the same ,whereas in the past i may have struggled to maintain the same effort/pace.Doing my runs at this pace allows me to be sufficiently recovered to run 5 or 6 days a week .Always struggled to do this in the past and it feels like im heading in the right direction regarding mileage.Easy 3 tomorrow then a 5 on wednesday.feeling positive about how its all coming together

YC

• Options
    YC - Were in Comrie visiting my BF's parents for New Year. Back home to Orkney on Wednesday. Your training seems to be going well, did I read that this was your first marathon your training for??

Off out now in unrelenting rain for second session of today - 5 miles nice and slow.
  • Options
    I was scheduled for a rest day today but seeing as I has the full day to myself before going back to work tomorrow it seemed a good idea to move the rest day to Tuesday and get some miles in.

15 miles at 09:20 pace skewed a little by a "fast" first 2 and last 2 miles where I wasn't paying attention.
  • Options
    Jason - oh dear!

Just 5 miles for me off road at 9:00 pace today. Lovely day for it!
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    10.4 miles this morning and a bike ride this afternoon

All ok here
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
    Well done guys.
  • Options
    12.06 miles for me today in lovely, if chilly, sunshine.  11:17 pace
  • Options
    I'm taking the advice on here very well. medium long run of 14 miles today avg 9.35mm, so very very happy. I would of done this run at 9mm(plus 1 min above marathon pace) normally. Its good finishing and thinking that I could of kept going, rest day tomorrow then a 10 mile run on Wednesday.
  • Options
    4 mile recovery today at 8:58 pace.

Hope you're feeling better, NP.

Back to work for me tomorrow, judging by the forecast I'll be waiting an extra day before giving my bike its first outing of 2012, especially as I've finally cleaned it today after two months of cycling through the crappiest conditions (I'll never buy a white frame again!). My run will also have to wait until the evening, and Tuesday = my favourite session = intervals.
  • Options

Kaz- Yip its a first marathon for me,you done loch ness before?

Love reading how everyone is coming along and as for me im loving training again after my 3 month injury lay off.Onwards and upwards

YC

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Just ticking along here with another 10.4 miles, effort the same as yesterday yet 20 seconds a mile slower. Safe to say it is rather windy here.

Have a great day :¬)
  • Options
    Rather windy and very wet here today. Think the intervals will wait until later!!! Maybe Try a new form of intervals in racing the children...... I might not look sooooo ridiculous running up and down the main street with them with me!!! image
  • Options
    YC - No I've not done Loch Ness before, only done 1 marathon - Berlin and now training for Paris in April. Loch Ness is quite hilly, but at least I'll not have to worry about it being 28 degrees!! The New Strathearn marathon in June is tempting but dont think I am fit enough to do 3 marathons in a year!!