Options

sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Options
    ok howard translate...tbil... tight butt in lycra?????
  • Options
    You got it Susan!
  • Options

Evening all

Have a nice time howard.

Tu-Tu We would sort him outimage

Smeagal- OKimage

Went to the track last night. First lots of well done s which was nice then had a "proper" RUN WHICH FELT GREAT. Nothing like the pace I had but know Im going in th right direction, Found a nice off road 10K on the 21st July so think I will aim for that

• Options
    Hello all. Just popping in and will read back tomorrow. Have
    been awAy working but did get abike ride in and met up with a pirate last night which was great. Got to sleep. Have also eaten lots of chocolate.

(())
  • Options
    poor patch has a really sore back since badminton last weekend at london youth games.. feel bad for him.. and going away tomorrow.. he is staying at mates... wish him well in your prayers sub 4 forum.. please and thank you...  image
  • Options
    if you dont do prayers then just send chocolate.... (())
  • Options

Quite a chocolatey theme here at the mo!

Have just read back. Phew. Having a lazy morning catching up with emails/forum etc before going out for a bike.  Galvanising myself with black coffee.  did a short bike on Weds, then nothing yesterday so I should be getting some energy back after the weekend's exploits.  Talking to people at the track on Tuesday (can't believe how many people were training hard after what they did at the weekend....) everyone was totally shattered after the weekend.  Combo of racing hard, little sleep, bionic cheering and emotion I think.

Have a 105 mile bike ride on Sunday.  My last looong bike ride so looking forward to getting that out of the way. Next weekend we're staying with friends for the weekend near MK so will get AR to chuck me and my bike out of the car part of the way there so I can cycle there. That feels much more hard core than doing yet another long loop in a sportive around Swindon!

Susan - poor PAtch.  He must be good at Badminton then? You obviously don't boast nearly as much about your talented off spring as I do image.

Jovi - you make me laugh with your Jovi-ing.

Wabo - ace speedy stuff!

• Options
    Roth is one month today!!!!!
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Did my first tempo run last night - dear old Hal starts you off v. gently, 10-15 min warmup, 10 mins building to peak speed then 5 mins cooldown. 8:48 avg but setting aside the warmup that's about 8:30 avg for 2.4 miles (fastest 2 1/4 miles were 7:48 m/miling oeer missus) so am pleased.

Soaking with sweat when I came back! 

• Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    is you tapering now then AH?
  • Options

Not yet, Fido.  Last loooooong bike this weekend, 70/80 next weekend (that'll be three weeks before). Have had a couple of easy weeks really so will prob properly give myself three weeks proper taper. Must  be careful not to mentally switch off yet.  In a way /i've already kind of told myself I've finished training which is a nightmare because every session will feel hard if I'm not careful.

• Options

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Looks like I've persuaded AR to come to Roth!  I was right to pick my time carefully. He's been really under the weather the last few weeks and it turns out he's got another ulcer that possibly was bleeding so tackling him when he's been tired and feeling ill wouldn't have been good.

So I asked him last night and he first of all said, 'but I'll be here for you when you come home' and 'but it's your day so you won't need me'.  I put him right and he agreed, although not exactly with alacrity. Have been talking to him about dates and flights this morning so he knows I'm not letting him of the  hook.  C is pleased because she really wants to come. And she can speak German a bit which will be great. 

Feels nice that we can look forward to it as a family now. I don't feel quite so selfish. I've a way to go before he gets actively enthusiastic, but I've started!

Not doing very well with getting out on my bike am I??? image

• Options
    Good news re AR, well done you must feel a lot better about it now AH.
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    I expect he will enjoy it when it comes to it - if he's not been feeling good then I imagine he has no desire for change or activity or... well I expect we all remember feeling like that now + then (& being glad we were dragged out regardless!).
  • Options

Hurrah AH! Really pleased AR has pretty much agreed and I'm sure nearer the time he will be more enthusiastic.. it IS nice you will all be going as a family now - well done!

As I was on the bus to work this morning I saw a runner and suddenly was overcome with an absolutely huge desire to go running this weekend in London now and an almost panic that I have not packed my running stuff!!! Can't explain it but I think I kinda started sweating - and just felt all crazed and obsessive suddenly! It was quite bizarre... even thought I could always leave work an hour early to have time to go home first and pack my running stuff....!!! But have seen sense now, it's not worth it.. It's not like there would even be time - dress appointment is 10am tomorrow and spa appointment starts 11am Sun after probably a late night Sat night. So it would mean getting up silly-early from my friend's house.

By monday I will have had 2 weeks of no running at all... which I am sure will have done me good but I've not even been swimming in that time and just feel laaaazy.. and itching to get out running again now as I say.

Good news is we saw a lovely wedding venue last night in a cute village near Pontefract which I have a really good feeling will be the one! image Got 2 more appointments next week (Otley, Huddersfield) and then just trying to decide whether to view one in Malham in the Yorkshire Dales too - bit further away but gorgeous countryside as I'm sure some of you (Jovi definitely!) know.

• Options

Gosh you HAVE been busy, Tutu! 

Is an hour long enough for a dress appointment???? I'd have written off the morning. image Have a fab time!

Have done my bike ride. image

Checked my training log. Only four hours last week.....

• Options

great news re AR Hen I am sure once he is there it will be good - I imagine having done all his sailing stuff there must be a certain envy of it all.. a bit like gordon was with me the first one or two maras - he is so much more used to being centre of attention (not saying AR is like that.) but now I think Gordon genuinely enjoys coming to watch - support etc... great news.

off to glos... 

wish me luck with the WB ladies....  image

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all, Pleased for AH and the travel party,

Tutu good luck with the Dress appointments Tutu.

iam knackered today, no running for me Rest Rest Rest..

was in meeting most of the morning regarding the jobs going to Chennai, still have no idea what i will be doing post September, looks as if there will be head count reductions but we guessed that anyway.

keeping my fingers crossed that i at least get a triop to Chennai even if just for the experiance.

Good luck SLIM

• Options
    JuddermanJudderman ✭✭✭

Good luck with the WB ladies Susan - whatever that means?

Fingers crossed for you Eastham - this has been rumbling on for a while now hasn't it ?

Good news about AR AH. I'm sure you'll be much better knowing he is there.

Done a bit of running this week. ( miles on Monday and 6 miles last night which I did as a tempo. I quite like running when it's warm. Don't run as well and I don't like racing when it's hot. all the same 6 miles in 49 mins was good I thought.

Am loving the World Cup though. Serbia just beat Germany. Germans missed a penalty in open play - last time that happened was 1974 apparently!

• Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Eastham75 one of my jobs went to Bangkok - we came into work one day and one of our offices was filled with young Thai girls - not as exciting as it sounds as (like me) they were all computer programmers. Pretty much all straight out of uni, quite petite, polite, terrified! Bless 'em. We spent the next three months shovelling knowledge into the "Thainies"' brains. They did pretty well considering that some of the program code was almost as old as they were...

One of my mates got a gig out in BKK helping with the transfer & me & OH went out to see him & the Thainies for a week. Good times but I got tummy trouble by the Weds, stupidly didn't get it treated straight away when I got back & that's basically (I think) why I need to bulkbuy loperamide for running. Hey ho. I did after all make one of the Thainies throw up... or was it the Dead Man's Code... or possibly the dodgy burger from Didcot? Happy times!

• Options

foot still progressing well. 1.4 miles today in 13 mins dead. Almost more importantly I'm up to 30 seconds doing the plank which is a signifianct increase over the last few weeks. No ill effects from any of this.

Slowly does it!

• Options
    Excellent planking Howard!
    You are all so right - will feel soooo much better with him there. Think he's just thinking it's going to be a very boring day. But at least there's the beer mile on the bike course and lots of places to see me because he'll have the car to get around.
    Just done powerplate. Ye gods it was tough. Told him my legs were shredded so didn't want to do any leg stuff. He very kondly accommodated me by giving me extra planks and static crunches. For one of the planks he plonked a 5kg weight bag on my back!
    If I could do smileys on this phone I'd insert a few cross eyed ones here.
  • Options
    I like hearing people's plank updates (v good Howard!) it's motivating..think I've never managed more than about 15 secs myself but haven't tried in ages.

When's your 105 miles AH? Will that be the furthest you do / have ever done?? How exciting that it's only a month to go now.. image
  • Options

My father seems well, apart from his hearing and his memory loss. Can't remember much about my mother. They were married 50 years. For the last 6/7 years he looked after her during the final stages of dementia before she died 2 and a half years ago. He will say things like "What happened to Anne?" but mostly he seems to have forgotten about her completely. He talks a lot about his house and how lovely it is, possibly subconciously not wanting to move from there although that has got to be the plan in the next year.

I feel like another run now.........

• Options

Morning everyoneimage

Going to do my run late afternoon due to too many beers watching a very boring game of football last nightimage

How old is your father HRR?

Good luck tomorrow Hen on your long bike rideimage

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

Morning just a short one for me this morning.

Good luck AH .

Football last night? i must have missed that, i was watching the England game not sure what that was supposed to be.

• Options

I didn't watch the game, but got the score every now and again.  All seems a bit pathetic.

Slept for 11 hours last night!  Bliss. Decided sleep would be more beneficial than another early morning swim session ... and I was right. Wow. The bad news is that a little groin niggle that appeared when I got off the bike yesterday is still definitely there image. Spose I should have run this morning but am hoping that a day off will help it go away. Not brilliant with a long bike to do tomorrow.

The WB ladies Susan was referring to were some girls from her year at school that she's somehow meeting up with today.  

Tutu will be all wedding dressed and spa'd up by now!

• Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    5 miles, well more like 6 this morning with the OH. Have been out to get sim for new all singing all dancing phone from which am now posting! Good luck with groin AH.