Ironman Lanzarote 2013 (3rd weekend in May?)

Comments

• I've tried the racer back top and then just a regular womens tshirt.  It seems I can't edit when that new window opens.  I'll have to contact them.

• Rafiki wrote (see)

Yeh - I ordered my Lanza t shirt a couple of weeks ago - no problem. There is a glitch in trying to edit the text on the girlie strappy top if that's what you are looking at??

now why would raf be trying to order a girlie strappy topimage

• The woman said it's not set up to edit, despite having the C. So I've contacted Hollywood.

I don't know, maybe Raf has a partner he was buying for.   I guess it's not outside the realms of possibility...

• Arrggghh!  I need to remember to do the spreadshirt order

*panic, panic, panic*

• seren nos wrote (see)
    Rafiki wrote (see)
    Yeh - I ordered my Lanza t shirt a couple of weeks ago - no problem. There is a glitch in trying to edit the text on the girlie strappy top if that's what you are looking at??

now why would raf be trying to order a girlie strappy topimage

to go with my skirt obviously!! image

• Mouse.

got a customised strappy top for the missus - they come up small!
    the racer back one just did not work / isn't actually cusomizable.

Did a big ride at the weekend and am now cream crackered
    However I have just as silly a ride planned for next weekend image
    and the weekend after is not far off...

when is taper time?

• Yes, I've twigged that now OC, thanks.  Previously we were told that the 'C' denoted you could customise so I've started trying to get the racer back top made customisable.  I also have an older somewhat indecently small strappy top which I may/may not subject you all to.

According to my diary, our last big weekend is next weekend if you favour the 3 week taper or the weekend after if you favour the 2.  I'm going for one more big weekend and then the week after that, a tiddly 4 hrs 'long' ride but I might steal some of that back and make it a brick instead.

• If anyone wants to come over to mine next Sunday I shall be doing my care in the community with Barlos for about 6 or 7 hours ........  pleeeeeeeease 

• What are the odds, that's when I'd planned to count my spokes, damn it image

• Bring them with you  ... we can help you count !!!!

• Alan!  Alan! Alan!

• Feck off Feck off Feck off   !!!!!

• Is anyone else flying out of Birmingham on the14th or do I not have anyone to chaperone this year? !

• Not I.

• Yes. 1410.

• That sounds about right Froggy !

• If you're delayed until the 16th we'll join you... 

• Lets hope not eh   image

• F*CK OFF   image

• I had to move flats recently and that seriously screwed my training. Plenty of strength conditioning but little swim bike run. I hope to do the most off this couple weeks. I can see that everybody is freaking out a little bit already.

I have to say that reading the last 3 pages of the forum sent me to the toilet in apprehension. We can officially count in days now, like 25. That is just 5 hands.

• Hokori wrote (see)

We can officially count in days now, like 25. That is just 5 hands.

or 1 hand and 3 feet  if you are from Norfolk  image

• Bit of last minute cramming needed here:

Number of swims in 2013 - 2, longest swim - 3k

Number of bike rides - plenty, longest ride 85m

Number of runs - a few, longest run 13m

Number of brick sessions - 0

Still, could be worse image

• Number of swims in 2013 - about 5, longest swim - 45 mins

Number of bike rides - not enough, longest ride 88m

Number of runs - a few, longest run 20m

Number of brick sessions - 0

• I think, for once, I am overtrained     image

• That looks respectable enough cupcake

Number of swims .. plenty, number that were longer that 1 mile though ..i think just 2

Number of bike rides - dismal  longest ride of 70 ish miles (but it was very hilly)

Number of runs - lots but all quite short - longest about 11

Brick sessions - a few , but all short runs off short rides

i think your proof of "could be worse" image

• I have done a massive 5 miuntes of OW swim, longest ride of 85 miles and plenty of running.

Noticed the cut off for the bike is 6:30pm, so 11.5 hours from start so it gives me an extra then previously planned.

• Loads of swims - Longest 3.8k (several times)

lots of bikes - Longest prob about 86 (lots of 5hrs hills and wind and rain and snow and ice and no fecking sun)

Few runs - Longest 15 and I am very pleased that my leg didnt fall off

• ITB yes I noted that the other day ... with any luck the swim will give me a decent enough cushion but I am not expecting miracles on the bike course

• I feel slightly better after reading the above:

Number of swims - 8 over 3k, 2 at 3.8km

Number of bikes - 6 over 75 miles, 1 centuary ride

Run - longest before injury 15, longest since 13 miles

Short brick 1hour ride:30 run, every week

Bottles of Spanish red in prep - two a week image