London Marathon 2012: Runners and Supporters

Comments

• MikeFrog wrote (see)
    TP also to bring the bulk supplies of brown yeast-based vitamin and electrolyte supplement paste for runners who are depleted by that point

Marmite!!!!! image

TP - you need to put Marmite on the list! image

• Hi Reikirabbit, good to see you on here !

How is the last weeks of training going ?

Cheers TP I will make myself known!

FH
  • I will be frisking everyone for any signs of Marsh1te in their bags.  There will be none of that sort of dirty talk whilst I'm there.  I also have a breath-o-meter which detects the stuff so no sneaking some on your morning toast image
  • I will get the cable ties off K today ... I won't be there very early so can post them to someone who will ... TP/Caz? have small bags and will get JBs and jaffas. May also be able to wrestle oneof K's multitools off him with scissors/knife - apparently they are very useful so youi need about 5different ones!! image
  • Post them to SC if she doesn't mind, it would just be one more thing to try to remember to pack  when I fly down.
  • Tickled Pink wrote (see)
    I will be frisking everyone for any signs of Marsh1te in their bags.  There will be none of that sort of dirty talk whilst I'm there.  I also have a breath-o-meter which detects the stuff so no sneaking some on your morning toast image
    I thank you a thousand times for this strict check on any marmite munchers...
  • B, you are welcome to post stuff to me.  Do you have my address?  If not then PM me or leave a message on FB.
  • Happy enough FH given I think I can do it after that major blip of out of the questionness, you !?
  • All good with me, going for sub 3.29! After my PB at Reading of 1:34.56 feel good about training and pace. Bring it on !!

FH
  • jelly babies bought!!!

friday 20th booked off - EXPO here I come!!

• I have a Costco pack of Jaffa cakes bought. Going to need a BIG BAG.
  • wonder if support group 5 will still ave me sob...image
  • Try 6 Dave; we've had a couple bail....and if there are jelly babies....
  • Blimey Foxy you'll be getting yourself a reputation as being anyones for a jelly baby image
  • Or a Jaffa cake image
  • jelly babies

they make my throat as dry as a nuns crutch

• Tickled Pink wrote (see)
    Blimey Foxy you'll be getting yourself a reputation as being anyones for a jelly baby image

If you'd change "Jelly Baby" for Jaffa Cake - you'd have summed me up correctly!

micknphil-marathonlads.com wrote (see)

jelly babies

they make my throat as dry as a nuns crutch

image I've just a nice giggle about that. To be fair - when I eat Jelly Babies I normally stuff them into my cheek as i'm going along and let my saliva do the work.... but then I do have the habit of looking like a squirrel with a bunch of nuts in my cheek!

• Hey, no stealing Dave from us! He blong support group 5!
  • image a wanted man tee hee ! , mind  jelly babies for Foxy lady and a jaffa for tickled pink , lol probably would spur me on for the last 9 miles lol
  • @dave - Just knowing that this lot will be in Chando's before me makes me want to run faster.... I need to make sure that there's a beer left for me before they drink the place dry!
  • You are safe from me Emmy, I don't drink beer*.  There may be no wine left though. image

* An exception to this is immediately post marathon when I downed 2 pints of shandy, did a huge burp and felt loads better.

• Normally I'm a wine drinker but it's been proven that a beer after a race improves recovery time... all the Germans do it - so if it's good enough for them - it's good enough for me!
  • ahhh class ladies image god knows where Chando's is lol
  • Just off Trafalgar Square Dave.  About a 10 min hobble from the finish.  Can't remember the street names (it's on a corner) but google it.
  • are you running TP ?
  • I'm running (limping) - is it too late to join - hugs required!
  • yes, you can join in - but it will cost a hug image
  • Oh go on then!
  • Article's out on the main page peeps image my guess is we may have a few more runners heading in our direction so just as a heads up....!

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/event-editorial/cheer-here---rw-forumites-at-the-virgin-london-marathon/4994.html

If anyone needs to know wot I look like properly if we've not 'met' before and you're worried about locating us or anyting then head to the photo link from the article and me and Gilly (aka the Dreem Teem lol) are in pic number 30 image and if anyone wants my mob number then PM me and I'll send it over for you

• Sis

which one of the two are u ?