Options

Overdone it?

Comments

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Maybe if you ask nicely they will let you order a girly crop top, SG.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    i'm going to see if the "small" is any better, as manly as that sounds to admit!
  • Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭
    Scanning past that picture quickly it looks like Lit has purple capris on. This is going to be like the Blue dress/beige dress thing all over again. Have fun in Paris! 

Club vests never ever fit properly, seems to be the rules. Mine were always too short, then I moaned about it so the new ones are comedically long and everyone now hates me! 

There was was a cancellation so my MRI is on Monday - less than a fortnight after the injury. Gawd bless the NHS. 
  • Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭
    And my friend who is a physio is coming to visit this morning so going to see if I can do anything more than tensing my left quad for ten seconds a few times a day. Because to be honest that gets old quite quickly. 
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    when you say 'gaps near the top' I have this image of there being no holes for your neck or arms....I assume that's not what you mean?!
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I think he means a tank top rather than a racer back? That would be annoying.

Hurrah! Glad you can get your MRI sooner, McF.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Think t shirt with no sleeves, rather than the much better version that has breathable gaps around your shoulders and neck.

The position of the logo seems the problem, it's too high!

When we all turn up at races trying to be as light as possible, it seems a bit of a blimmin oversight!
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Position of logo probably more sensible when you consider the need to pin a race number on though. The Nottinghamshire vest was stupid because it said NOTTS down the side and you had to put the number on weird to avoid covering it up.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

talking of being lightweight, I bought some ronhill racer shorts last week and they are even smaller and lighter than my innov8 racers. I trialled them on my lunchtime run on Tuesday and it looked like I was basically running in a t shirt. I then had a dream last night that I was on the start line at London and I had completely forgotten to apply my anti-chaffing cream. It was one of those scary dreams you are more than happy to wake up from!!

Mcf, that is good news. My experience of the nhs (beyond the annoyance of trying to get basic appointments) is when something proper needs doing they are brilliant.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    i was spoilt with the Marlow vest, nice yellow and blue, flimsy little thing. Didn't like the red of Sandhurst as much, but equally good top. But this one, i'm nervous about how that'd feel on either the hottest days, or (for one day again hopefully) the long races!

I suppose there is no obligation to wear club gear in any non club events though, and it's probably more user friendly than the fuss i'm making :)

You can send it back if it still has the label on apparently...
    whoops.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

what you're saying reminds me of the vests charities provide to their event runners. They appear designed to generate sweat, akin to racing in a bag.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    The first half marathon i did, i did for charity, and i remember getting this free vest, and thinking, what on earth is this, this is ridiculously skimpy!
    Funny how quickly you embrace it.

I'll have to dig a pic out of this "vest", it's in no way a vest!
  • Options
    New club vest sounds a bit like my vest from my profile pic Stevie. Not too bad in late November when you're freezing and wading through a stream but otherwise too warm for comfort. I'm going to have to embarrass myself in public and say I prefer vests that feel like a sheer negligee.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at your vest Muds, I'm still jealous, as it does have some "skin" showing under the neck, and some extra skin under the arm areas!

This new club has some pretty fast guys though, so it obviously doesn't make too much odds.
    Will race tomorrow's mile in one of my "proper" skimpy vests, and check a pal's "small" before deciding to grin and bear it, or try and start "re-attaching" the label, or even just buying a new one in small and keep that for racing short stuff, and the other for other stuff!
  • Options
    You'll have to get your needle and thread out SG.
    Muddy - you were a diehard t-shirter util recently.  Good to see you've embraced the baring of flesh now.
    Slightly disappointed that I'm not doing Warwick HM with you chaps this weekend.  I decided to do Milton Keynes instead as a HM pb attack, but I'm not feeling particularly lively after my holiday, so will probably run it as a long MP session and save the pb attack for Coventry in a couple of weeks.  
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    If that's all your planning, Lou, why not just grab a late entry to Warwick? It's a shame Coventry clashes with Ashby 20. 
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    I did Ashby 20 once. It was a nice race and you got cheese & tomato cob at the end. I got two because my friend had a dairy intolerance. Also I still wear the hoody. While I was running I saw this woman strangely running the entire route in reverse, twice. Later it turned out she was a member of my new club and the reason she was running it backwards was because she'd forgotten her trousers at the intercounties xc the day before, and our coach told her she wasn't allowed to race a 20 and if she did she wasn't getting them back.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    A couple of weeks ago I was going to buy a new sports type hoody and then I remembered I would be getting a 'free' very soon. It does look a pleasant little trot, though it is quite undulating I've heard?

Could she not have run it the right way and not saved it but then got a new hoody to wear with the trousers? Or even sacrificed the trousers for a hoody?
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    4 x 1200 tonight. ivevreally struggled with these higher paces sessions since my op and not completed them. I decided to drop target rep time from scheduled 4.10 down to 4.15, which was same pace I did them last year. Still hard work but manageable and completed. A few days mini taper now. 
  • Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭
    Yes Lou, why not save the two extra hours travel time by doing Warwick half instead? Might be helpful for your incapacitated Mrs, plus what you lose on entry fees you save on petrol. 

Good session, DT. If you reach a critical mass of sports hoodies (Peak Hoody) does that mean we will cease to see the fashion knitwear on the start line? That would make me sad. 
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    That was kind of my point to Lou.

If course not as sports hoodys don't have the same fashion life cycle as fashion knitwear. I have a classic piece for Sunday. 
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    I don't remember it being undulating, DT. But I was only running it at easyish pace.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Anyone worked out why some posters have *** after their names?

But it changes from thread to thread...I have them on here, as does McFlooze, but I don't have them on my other thread, yet many do!

Anyway, have a good run tomorrow all. Day off work, so am off to do a lunchtime 1miler!

2hours round trip, for around 5mins of erm misery. Although if there's strong wind like this week, I might get more time for my money!

• Options
    How much to run a mile? Much more than a quid a mile and I feel robbed! 
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    It's a colossal fiver. Meaning it has to be one of the worst pounds to miles races in the country :)
  • Options
    Rich Clark2Rich Clark2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Perhaps you only display the stars in the thread you earned them on?

That is an expensive mile. However you get what you pay for I guess. I did the local charity mile on the beach next to my inlaws on new years day. 
    Free entry for a 0.85 mile "race" where 70% of the people walked it... And I came second to a 12 year old lad. 
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I'm sure there are some 'big' 10ks out there that are over £30.

Interesting thought, Rich. You could be a bully big balls on one thread but a nobody elsewhere.

Lit, I think undulations are much less apparent when running at easy. 
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    manchester great 10k, £38!!! Miles more expensive than the next most expensive I could see, being Bristol at £29. 
  • Options
    Ah I see Stevie, it"s one of.those halterneck jobs. Ugh. Good luck in your 5 minute sprint today.

3.3+11 for me yesterday. I had the ignominy of being attacked by one of those big fluffy poodles in the early morning run.

I know you double Stevie sometimes with an early mornimg amd lunch run. You obviously find the time between runs sufficient but what seems.to work for me is either a 7am/6pm or a 12pm/9pm pattern. I read somewhere advice about leaving 8 hours between runs and wondered if you'd had any Moraghan advice about your scheduling.

How do others manage doubles ?

• Options
    Ok you've convinced me. I'm going to try and get a Warwick number. 
    I did 13 last night and my legs are still feeling really stiff and uncoordinated.
    i don't do doubles muddy. 
    I think a few quid for a mile is reasonable. £38 for a 10k definitely not.