Options

Overdone it?

Comments

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    I am a bit disappointed about the video; I think we'd all have liked to see that.

Madbee - I think it is fine to go to the doctor if you are more tired than you would normally expect to be.
  • Options
    Skinny - what's the name of the cafe again?  Just so I can avoid it you know....  shame he deleted the video as that would have been quite interesting to watch.  Was the barefoot guy as eccentric as you thought he'd be?

DT - any progress on getting the hip flexor/groin issue sorted?

Madbee - thanks.  I was looking at some routes in Kathmandu yesterday as it happens.  Most take to the roads very early (around 5am) before the traffic gets bad.  There are some great trail routes once you get out of the city though.

I'm still very guilty of running my easy runs too fast and I need to sort that out.  I also don't want to get too bogged down with times and stuff but I have to be more strict with myself.  Today I think I'll tackle a short 4mi progression down into the 10k pace range.  Something like 8:15, 7:45, 7:7:15 and then 6:30.  Not sure yet. I'll have a biscuit and mull it over whilst pretending to do some work. 

I've also ordered an online blood test from medichecks.com.  They send you a pack, you get a blood sample together and then send it back.  Your results then appear 3 days later online.  I know that feeling of thinking that something isn't quite right and so I went ahead and ordered the 'Advanced Fit' test.  I'll update for those that are interested in due course.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    How much does the blood test cost David?  Would be interested to hear how the process goes.  

Just practised what I'm preaching and did an easy run.  It was nice.
  • Options
    They range from £59 to £159 and largely depend on what sort of tests you would like.  There is a useful comparison feature on the website that I found handy.  The sports orientated ones will generally test things like ferritin and iron levels etc.
  • Options
    kevin70kevin70 ✭✭✭

Skinny, hopefully over the coming weeks what he has shown you can have you quoting again.. running in the rain, massive blister on toe but enjoying it, fingers crossed. What about the calf socks are you wearing them too.

7mls tonight in the sun by the looks of it here, still cant seem to get my head round training sessions bottled out on Monday and just did 9mls, racking up on average 33mls a week but no quality sessions.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Skinny, that sounds about as bonkers as I thought it would be.

Re the table update, as my 10k is faster, don't I come ahead of Bob?

Madbee, I remember the days well of very young children. It is very tiring what with working and training hard. I just took it as it was what it was for a few years.

David, I have some physio tomorrow night which will hopefully resolve the matter or at least begin the process. am not sure I could inject myself to take the blood needed!

Kevin, I wouldn't stress too much about sessions. Obviously they need to happen sometimes but most gains will come from running consistently. Easiest place to get them done is a parkrun or club night.

I did an easy 5m progressive run last night starting at 8.30 then edging down to finish at low 7s. Legs felt good and it was nice to open out the legs outside a session. Decent session planned straight after work of 10 x 1km off 1 minute.

• Options
    DavidHaydon83DavidHaydon83 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    DT - some tests only require a pin prick of the finger.  Otherwise you take the pack to a clinic and get them to do the business.   Hope the physio goes well.

Skinny - thanks for the table update.

4mile progression for me just now.  I have confused myself with these sessions of late and not sure whether to class something like that as a hard session or not.  It felt hard at the end but that's to be expected. 
  • Options
    Skinny - I go barefoot all the time at home  and sometimes walk on tiptoes/heels when it doesn't make me feel stupid. Outdoors just sounds too painful, though it's always nice on beach  B)

Speedway is on Po10 now - for some reason it didn't associate to my account so I've claimed it now and it's showing up. 85.68% age graded on there, using 48 as age. I'd better get another fast 10k in now I'm 49 !
  • Options
    David - (Skinny is going to be all over this) but I call that a semi-hard session ...

I have a session planned for this week which is 3 x(3mins,2mins,1mins) going through the paces progressively on each time interval. So your 4m progression is like a warm up plus about half of what is in my session.
  • Options
    Well in that case Muddy I'd best keep the rest of my miles easy this week.  Thanks for that.  What paces do you try and hit for that session? 
  • Options
    David - the paces/effort are supposed to be 10k, 5k, faster than 5k. It averages out to around 18 mins between 5 and 10k pace, so might just do an 18 min parkrun with strides before and after, as I am not into faffing around with 2 min rests and 60 second recovery jogs. I tend to lose concentration when the sessions are all complicated.
  • Options
    Sounds like a nice little session Muddy.  If i were to try that I'd make sure to build in the rest between efforts.
  • Options
    Updated for Muddy's new WAVA best and moving DT to his correct column position based on his 10k time.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Muddy, I just programme the full session into garmin connect then send to my watch. This avoids the faff then.
  • Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Is there room for me to rejoin the table Skinny?  Obviously no hope of PBs at the moment, but it might be motivating :p 
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Could you just extend the silver section further though, perhaps say that to get on the top board there is a qualifying standard of sub 38. 

Beast of a session earlier, 10 x 1k off 1 min at 10k pace. Shattered now. 
  • Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Flippin heck DT, I wouldn't have a hope of completing that! Well done.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    After rep 2 i didnt think i would and persuaded myself to just do 8. Im so gullible as secretly i was always doing 10. 
  • Options
    Madbee said:
    Is there room for me to rejoin the table Skinny?  Obviously no hope of PBs at the moment, but it might be motivating :p 
    Yes of course - you are still there - I’ll just unhide you and you can update me with details that have changed.

And DT that is quite a good idea re sub 38 gets you in gold league - good luck!
  • Options
    Great session DT.
  • Options
    When I read about the session this afternoon I dared not ask what the rep pace was going to be on that DT. Well done for even considering it, let alone running it !
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    It's definitely an anti- muddy session. I was encroaching on vomit territory towards the end. 

Skinny, so are we basically saying no removal from gold tier? You get a sub 38 and you're in there for good? I just liked all the silver cells i have. 
  • Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    DT19 said:
    After rep 2 i didnt think i would and persuaded myself to just do 8. Im so gullible as secretly i was always doing 10. 
    Haha! I do this.  Particularly with the P&D midweek MLRs - I persuade myself I'm just going to do 11, and then add the rest of it once I'm out and about - I know this is the plan, and yet I am still fooled every time  :D 

Thanks Skinny :)  I am probably a bit heavier than before - more like 8st 4 now, and I'm 34, not whatever I was when I was last on the table.

LT session on the plan for today.  Going to just get out and see how I feel at lunchtime, it may get binned in favour of an MLR or something.
  • Options
    kevin70kevin70 ✭✭✭

DT quality session, thought I was reading 10x1min hope you rested up

Madbee did you do the LT Session

7mls last night, quiet enjoyable but very sweaty

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I'm sure she did and was just tricking herself into going out for it as discussed above!!

I was surprised by the warmth/humidity last night. I guess even a crappy summers day is still 10c on the winter temps.

just over 5m recovery run lunchtime. Massage later on.

Got a very messy day tomorrow at a sportsmans lunch with work which entails an 11.30am start. Fortunately it's at my local rugby club so I have circuits booked for 9.30. Randomly they have Bobby Davro and Sam Warburton speaking!

• Options
    Agreed.  I'm not a fan of this humid weather either.  A nice easy 6m today had me dripping!  Either that or I'm just that unfit...
  • Options

Attached updated for reintroduction of Madbee which takes silver cell off David for age and Pete for weight and makes McFlooze's diet to get the silver cell look a whole lot harder.

At the moment I've gone with DT's suggestion to set a goal of a sub 38 10k to be in gold league but I'm mulling this over and might change my mind.

• Options
    Oh I've got a really exciting idea ... platinum tier ! ;)  (shamelessly stolen from Vitality Health Insurance)

Apologies Skinny, I slipped in above that I turned 49 on Tuesday without explicitly mentioning a table update was required.
  • Options
    Oh I've got a really exciting idea ... platinum tier ! ;)  (shamelessly stolen from Vitality Health Insurance)

Apologies Skinny, I slipped in above that I turned 49 on Tuesday without explicitly mentioning a table update was required.

You did
  • Options