Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

It's currently 5'c in Brussels and our office hearing is not working image

• Options

Morning all,

Finally got round to signing up for my third Paris Marathon, thought I would join in the Banter.

Hello all.

• Options

Hi Nathan, how's it going.

MM - If only I was perfect. Sadly, I've a long, long way to go. 38 degrees - ouch.

DV - not sure you'll want to use my photo. Aside from my ugly mug, the painful grimace isn't exactly the best advert for running. image

Danni - fantastic pictures.

Emmy - think your resolution needs to be to stop entering marathons image

• Options

Not bad thanks Weedy. Decided to make it third time lucky in Paris this year. Good excuse for a weekend away image

Hows you?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

DV - not sure you'll want to use my photo. Aside from my ugly mug, the painful grimace isn't exactly the best advert for running. image

Emmy - think your resolution needs to be to stop entering marathons image

I wouldn't say that about pictures. I think a strong grimace shows that you're tough image... it's better than some of mine where i'm seen with a beer glass in my hand!

RE: Resolutions... well what about half marathons? image Although saying that a friend of mine has just posted a link to the 55 marathons she's planning in 2013 so I don't think I'm doing too bad in comparison!

@Dannirr - I think I need to move to your side of the pond. Those photos are beautiful!

@Nathan - Welcome to the mad house. Can you post your number/starting colour? Then the List fairy will be along to add to it. How's your training coming along?

• Options
    Weedy: Who wants to be perfect anyway? I'd rather "endearingly quirky" anyday (humph, wishful thinking!).

By the way, that mag cover of YM was beautiful.

And YM: the joy on your face in that photo is radiant.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I agree with MM - the Magazine covers are fantastic Weedy! You've got some talent!

• Options

@Emmy - Numéro de dossard : 9072 image

Yellow Bib - aiming for 3:10:00 - 3:15:00

• Options
    Emmy: 55? That's over one a week! They must already be training at a high level.

There was a story in the news here about a couple in their 60s running a marathon each day this year to go around Australia. Pretty inspiring stuff. Their aim is to raise awareness of healthy lifestyle choices.

I'd like to do another half, but I'm waiting until my relocation is sorted. And I think I'd like to do the Isle of Man marathon in August once I'm there! Would love some company!

My hurty calf has returned. Out with the OROD.

Welcome Nathan - as Emmy said, tell us about your training and goal!
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Nathan - welcome to the Pleasure Dome image

Maus - you'll be missing 38 degrees when you get to IOM.

Emmy - so, are you pregnant? image

Emmy H wrote (see)

at least you've got your heating, eh? I SAID, AT LEAST YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEATING!!

• Options
    ..and an Orbutt in a Pear Tree wrote (see)

Emmy H wrote (see)

at least you've got your heating, eh? I SAID, AT LEAST YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEATING!!

Welcome to the thread Nathan, have you done Paris before?

• Options

Training is going well. I am usually a triathlete but do my serious base endurance training between November and Febuary.

Then I will start with speed sessions etc in the pre season phase. Cut the mileage but increase intensity.

Aiming for a 3:10:00 in Paris based on a three run per week strategy (including 3 swims, 3 bikes and a weights session and a brick session)

Long runs are already up to 16 miles and feeling good, no niggles currently which is nice.

All in all - happy days image

• Options

@ Dirty Leeds Rob - Yes mate. I have completed Paris twice before - fastest to date is 3:21 back in 2009. Since which i shiofted focus from ruinning to triathlon and cut my distances. Aiming for a clean sweep of PB's this year though.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    Emmy: 55? That's over one a week! They must already be training at a high level.

I'd like to do another half, but I'm waiting until my relocation is sorted. And I think I'd like to do the Isle of Man marathon in August once I'm there! Would love some company!

I'd love to do the IOM marathon. I've heard some great things about it but getting there is a bit of a hassle.

They're running roughly a marathon a week but they have a few quadzilla's/double marathons in the mix as well.

..and an Orbutt in a Pear Tree wrote (see)

Emmy - so, are you pregnant? image

Emmy H wrote (see)

Lol. image You can tell i've not had my coffee yet can't you? image

Nope. Not preggers.... no plan to get that way in the foreseeable future (I have too many marathons to run image)

@Nathan - Are you doing any tri's as training/cross training?

• Options

Triathlon is my main focus. I am GB Age Group and competing from May - Sept.

I will be doing Duathlons from Feb - April in addition to run training.... no open water swims though - toooo cold until April image

• Options
    Nathan, you'll be able to run the marathon twice before I'm done image

Emmy: have a coffee for me - I've given it up and gee I miss it. Not just the caffeine hit, that's fine (now! Was a bit hairy for a few days), but the ritual of it all, the smell, the sound of beans grinding and milk frothing.

You're right - IOM is going to be pretty isolated. But I'm super excited. Packing, planning and sorting continues apace.

Orbutt: I can honestly say I will not miss 38 degrees. I know, I know: never say never!
  • Options

Orbutt, Leeds Rob - that joke just had to be made image  I'll see if i can plough that furrow one more time...

Welcome to the thread Nathan.  HAVE YOU RUN A MARATHON BEFORE? image  How is the hearing in your office now Emmy?

OK, off to the gym to try and see if I can reignite some achey muscles.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

TD - What? What did you say?... I can't hear you as it's so cold in here image

• Options

wowwee..    just had a brilliant run coaching session...  its so rewarding to see progress being made...  will video next week and post the links so you can see what I'm doing...   it's really good fun too.  image

• Options
    DV: was thinking about Marianne today. How's she going?
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

IOM is not isolated, MM. you can get a RIB ( rubber dingy thingy) to Northern Ireland...image On a clear day, my various inlaws  could wave to you...

Meanwhile , here's MM herself...

Welcome to the thread, Nathan.You'll be dangerously close to picking up the tab for a round of drinks as the fastest finisher...* psst...Paris Tri Registration opens next Monday. Just saying...*

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

DV - Feel free to use my ugly mug if you wish.

Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    Eggy: was there a theme to the inquisition?

To cut a long story short. I'd said I hadn't made any New Years resolutions at which point I got told mine should be to find a good lady, which then resulted in me being given an incredibly large list of instructions of things I need to change in order for that to happen. Much to the amusement of my mate who sat laughing through the entire process. The git!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Considering the length of the list, the Rogues' Gallery   is looking a bit sparse...Any shrinking violets out there who want their photo added ?  *jpeg, with bib number, time goal and any words of wisdom to me, please and I'll upload .*

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

ATM - you're getting such a good gallery of pictures! It's great to look at... but I think that i'll need to improve my picture somewhat!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Emmy, the' Thread Nudes' are much more interesting but the link to that album gets blocked...

• Options

This year, the kids are coming with us (I think I am going to need all the support I can get!). Can anybody recommend a hotel with big rooms (2 adults + 2 kids)?

I started to look at Citadines flat but it is quite expensive.

• Options

Emmy - don't they know the best way to get pregnant is to drink more alcohol, not less?

• Options

Weedy and Emmy..   your photos have a watermark on them and I'm not allowed to use or crop them...   do you have an alternative image I can use..?   Just needs to be a head and shoulders shot, or one that can be cropped...

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Ok so a few hours to get before I become a V50 image

• Options
    HOME!!!!!

I am not allowed to do anything, but that's good cos it hurts tooooo much to

Move! image