Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Looks like I may have done less than everyone!! 757 miles run this year for me! I dont even have any injury excuses! Smashed my half marathon PB though so all good image

The nasty winter vomiting bug caught up with me yesterday and has hit me for 6! No new year celbrations for me this year!
  • Options
    1,426 miles for me this year (2,281km). I could be in Seville. Or Minsk image .

Ward - sorry to hear you've been struck down too - it really sounds like everyone's getting something this year. Good to hear you're on the mend DLR, even if only slowly.

MM - a post from next year - how cool is that? No need to worry about the 13 thing though - I lived in house no. 13 for 13 years and I don't think I was particularly unlucky.

Quiet night in for me tonight - after experiencing the Underground on NYE last year I won't be doing that again in a hurry image . Celebrations will start after tomorrow's race. I'm reliably informed there's still mulled wine in Hyde Park.

Have a good one, anyone who's braving the elements tonight. And, for that matter, anyone who isn't image .
  • Options

Somewhere around about 1,450 miles for me (Garmin was out of action for a month)

Deck yer_maj with boughs of holly wrote (see)

1969 kms for me this year - 31km off target

You've still got eight hours left Yer Maj. It's less than a marathon. You can do it. Quick. image

• Options
    Happy new year everyone when it comes , may all ur injuries be small ones , may all ur miles be run in perfect running conditions , may u have a smile on ur face every step of the way

And my yearly total is roughly 960 miles , every step a pleasure
  • Options
    Some very impressive mileages there. Well done to everyone, whether it was 100 miles or 2000. Paris training starts the day after tomorrow. Right now I need some more (medicinal) whisky. Wishing you all a wonderful 2013.
  • Options
    My mileage is around 900-950 mark for 2012. Only four races this year, but Pb at the half now below 1.45 and am knocking on the 1.40 door in training. Since I've cranked it up for Paris, I've done 260 miles in the last 8 weeks. Contemplating heavy boozage tonight with a new years day "struggle run" or cuddle up wiv wifey and then LSR it in the morning. Oohh decisions. Happy new year everyone and happy birthday TD.
  • Options
    Happy New Year everyone!!

For those of you who don't know I am wishing you this from my hospital bed, after my ' sick bug' and ' pulled muscle' turned out to be my appendix and I had the thing removed yesterday afternoon.

Great end to the year, which at the moment is probably going to stop me runnin in Paris image I have been told 4-6 weeks recovery so that would only leave me 8 wks before taper. How can I build from scratch to marathon distance in that time??? I did ask about X training but didn't get much of an answer. Only good thing is the surgeon is a runner too, having done loads of marathons and an ultra, so at least she understood my question before I even asked it!!!

I would like to thank you all for your support, and kindness this year. Hope you all have an amazing 2013!! My moto for now......Things can only get better!!(don't have decent Internet access to input link to song)
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Oh, kaz! You poor thing.Get better, soon. And Happy New Year, anyway!image Things can definitely only get better.

It's cold, wet, rainy...Home! image I'm off for our Jan 1st 10k...the Smug Run.

* Earth to Jimbob...struggle run or LSR? *

• Options
    Kaz - what a way to end the year image . I guess it doesn't help much at the moment, but at least you have an answer to why you've been felling crap. With any luck that's all in the bin, along with your appendix image .

Happy New Year to all - may we all hit our targets, whatever they are.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Get well soon Kaz! I hope that everything gets better and you're not in too much pain.

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope 2013 is everything that you'd like it to be.
  • Options

Happy new year all!!!

Kaz, get well soon girl!  Lovin' that the surgeon is a runner, so she knowsimage  We're everywhere, we're everywhere!!

• Options
    Thank you everybody!

At least now, as RR said, I have a reason/cause for hanging been feeling so crap and I am not turning into a wimp as I feared!!!!
  • Options
    Oh Kaz, what misfortune. Well, I gave Berlin a go on the back of 9 weeks training starting from further back than you are. I wouldn't say it is impossible for you. Anyway, look on the bright side. You'll be EVEN LIGHTER now you've had body parts removed, which has to bode well for future PB's. you've just to look at these things in the right wayimage

Amazing time athe Oprah last night. A feast for the eyes and another kind of beauty for the ears. Forgot my flask though Rob so had to settle for champers at half time. No pork pies anywhere to be seen, so it obviously wasn't that great!

Youngest daughter had a friend over for a Potterthon and I think quit between 5am and 9 and is still going. Would love to kick new year off with. Cracking bike ride but its tipping down and it's my last day off work and I've got a book to read in bed. I'll get fit tmrw. That is my resolution. This is going to be a good year. See you in Paris.

• Options

Happy new year. Jantastic run one done and dusted.

Kaz - sorry to hear, get a second opinion on x training. Don't rule out Paris - you just have to adjust your target, that's all.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Kaz  - wow, no wonder you were feeling shite. Glad they've found the cause and you can now start re-building.

I wouldn't put anything past you, as you are a bit of a maniac but don't pusg too hard too soon. You're on the bench good and proper, so don't come back too soo.

Did just under 1500km last year but should have done more but that's a target for this year - once I get running again.

Happy 2013, my virtual chums.

• Options

Kaz- glad they sorted you out. Now, best take the doc's advice, chill and take your time - good luck with the recovery!

TD - you went to see Oprah last night?!

Happy 2013 in an ongoing fashion to all...

Iain

• Options
    Kaz, with your appendix consigned to history you can look forward to a healthier 2013! I ran Lochaber last April after a training plan that only lasted about 7 weeks, and very low mileage. With your fitness, it can be done. But rest up and see how you feel in 4 weeks time?

Surprising mild hangover this morning, so I'm off for a gentle jog.
  • Options

That's good news and bad mixed together Kaz - but in the long term it's good!

I've ran once since 6th December, currently still feeling full of cold and exhausted from walking up a flight of stairs so unlikely to run before the weekend at the earliest, but there's nothing I can do except wait for my system to fully knock out the virus (I think initially I had a flu bug and as the worst of that eased I developed a heavy head cold but at least I'm getting them out the way in one go). 

I'm going to try and cobble together a flexible 12 week plan and see what happens.  That might be my job for today.  It means I won't be going for the 3:15 - 3:20 I'd planned for but whether that means I go for 3:30/3:45/3:50/4:00 or even just taking it easy and get round I don't know.  I don't think I can take even a first view of it for a good month.  See how I feel, how I respond to sudden training and how I want to use Paris in terms of (hopefully) getting my time in Berlin.

I will, definitely, be running along that Weagie tow path in 3.5 weeks though...

• Options

Oh, and happy new year!

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Ooooh there's a yellow thing in the sky....!!

Kaz...wishing you a speedy recovery, which will be significantly speedier if you do as you're told and rest!!
  • Options
    I can see that yellow thing in the sky too from my bed image

I will be doing as I am told. I have a very busy year ahead and need to make sure

I make a full recovery ASAP!!!!

Not getting home today( they said I would yesterday), and have bn offered soup or jelly, none of which is appealing!!! Thinky stable diet of water for last 4 days is better!! Coffee addiction really kicked into touch- none since Thursday! Illness does have its advantages! :/
  • Options

I think we should have an IB (injury bench) "pacing" group for paris.  Goal: get around, entry requirements: 1 month without a run within the period beginning 1st of Dec and enroute requirements: solving the problems of the world with a constant stream of random natter.  Don't panic DLR, we'll always have Paris but this is the year for Berlin. imageimage

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

I think we should have an IB (injury bench) "pacing" group for paris.  Goal: get around, entry requirements: 1 month without a run within the period beginning 1st of Dec and enroute requirements: solving the problems of the world with a constant stream of random natter.  Don't panic DLR, we'll always have Paris but this is the year for Berlin. imageimage

I'm in.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Lie low, kaz.Home will be waiting for you...This is your chance to rest.And almost everyone else in the country is probably still asleep, anyway.

This morning's run was done by the light of the moon...It was so bright, I did briefly wonder if it was the sun...but  even I know the sun doesn't rise in the West...image. Silver light now replace by yellow..

DLR, you'll still have to spend about an hour in the hotel-at-the-end-of-the-canal tow-path , waiting for me to trot home. Just as well , the scenery is nice..

TD, I can see you searching for races in Milan and combining running with nights at La Scala.

• Options

Naughty Kaz! image Have some soup.  Nutrition is key to a speedy recovery image

UP is on this evening, BBC1 6:30. Dare you all not to laugh yourselves silly and bawl your eyes out.  SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

• Options

Kaz- at least you've got an answer as to why you were feeling so rubbish before! and you're right, things can only get better! hope you get well soon! 

RS- I love Up! Pixar at their best.

In the end I had a rather sedate evening last night so was able to pop out for a short run this morning. Here's to a great year of running for everyone! 

• Options

Happy New Year to you all..image

It's my birthday in a few weeks and we're having our usual night out at somewhere rather different this year...   http://london.danslenoir.com/index.en.html

This place is great fun.  It is totally in the dark.  You can't see a thing, not even your hands or the plate in front of you.   It is £51 per person, plus drinks.   If you'd like to join us, you'll be very welcome.  The menu choices are simple - Surprise, Meat, Fish or Vegetarian.   You have no idea what you are eating until you leave and they show you photos of the menu.   

I've been once before and can totally recommend it.   

Anyone want to join us..?   Radar Sal and Baroness Rodent..?   It's easy to get to for both of you...

• Options
    Oh Kaz! That's a rotten blow! Get well soon.

Ach, you don't need an injury bench pacing group, you can just join the Maus pacing group! It'll be where all the cool kids are! Well, maybe just me, weeping and uttering unladylike language...actually, no, on second thoughts, go with your own group!image

I have spent the day sorting financial papers and vomiting. I think the vomiting is unrelated to the financial papers, but not certain...

It ruined my plans of a twilight trot to kick start my new year's resolution of keeping running data. It would enable me to report on last year's totals with greater accuracy than "at least 42.2 km", which is the closest I can get to reporting on 2012!

Anyone else willing to 'fess up to a new year's resolution - running related or otherwise. I have 2: to keep a running diary and to read a poem every day.
  • Options

Sorry..   forgot to add...   it'll be Saturday 19th January.

• Options

Didn't realise the newsagents were open on a bank holiday...

/members/images/727962/Gallery/Copy_of_cover1.jpg