• Options
    Team strip !!!

No one said anything to me about " the full monty "
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Scott the walker wrote (see)
    Team strip !!!
    No one said anything to me about " the full monty "

Didnt you read the small print for this threadimage?

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - Great running. Remember to give yourself some rest days as well.

• Options
    Me stripping would only confirm the Parisienne view of flabby Englishmen
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Me stripping would see Paris evacuated amid reports that some big ugly peely wally* monster was on the loose!

*Or whatever the French for peely wally is.

• Options

Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

TD - speaking of the Long Run, any news on the parallelathon? And did you get my email the other week?

I'll write you tonight Weedy! I don't want to take over this thread with something else, just to drop in occasional news and excitement about ITLR.

Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Elizabeth - There was plenty of stands selling gels and the like last year, but depending on what brand you use it might be worth making sure they have a stand at the expo.

Elizabeth - AFAIR, you can buy Overstims gels on 5-6 different stands. But that was pretty much it in terms of the brands available. I always bring my own, not leaving fuelling to chance. (They are the ones that look like they come in little white plastic glue bottles)

Emmy H wrote (see)

yer_maj wrote (see)

We're expecting great things from the cheerleading outfit, TD.  No pressure...

Yep... i'm expecting pom-poms image

Is that all Emmy? I was hoping you'd all be happy with a big flag on a huge pole. Please Rob, don't say a word. image

Well, I went topless this lunchtime and had a blast! Shorts, base layer and T-shirt to begin with but after the warm up, the base layer had to come off. Then I did my first outdoor intervals in a whole year. 5 x1km reps.  I held back 2-3% just to be cautious. I clocked them in 3:26, 3:36, 3:35, 3:40 and 3:40, plus a 400m rep in 3:13. Then I was a big sweaty mess and just wanted sunshine on skin, so off came the t-shirt for the cool down. I have no shame.... I know.

Just felt great. I LOVE running image image image

• Options
    Yowsers - that's quick!
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Me stripping would see Paris evacuated amid reports that some big ugly peely wally* monster was on the loose!

*Or whatever the French for peely wally is.

I'm not sure if this is local dialect or not, but are you referring to your body as a whole or just some particlar body part? image

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

When I used to play rugby most evenings out would at some point have had a period of naked bar. However, now that I dont play I think the wife would not approve and for that reason I'm out!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

'...naked bar...' ?  I daren't ask...image But, relax, Trevor.  My ' strip' was a noun....

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

'...naked bar...' ?  I daren't ask...image But, relax, Trevor.  My ' strip' was a noun....

I think 'naked bar' is some sort of healthfood chewy bar flapjack thing, to show that there are no additives. Must be.

• Options

A huge pole TD?

How about Artur Partyka?

http://pliki.solideo.pl/obrazy/projekty/pniz/sylwetki_gosci/PARTYKA_Artur.jpg

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
    ATM wrote (see)

I think 'naked bar' is some sort of healthfood chewy bar flapjack thing, to show that there are no additives. Must be.

Thats the one TD, fueling after a game image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Stripping. Interesting.

Mixed news from the physio. Touch and go for Paris.

No soft tissue injury. Knee joint fime. Ligaments fine. Appears to be repetitve movement problem.

I have some stretches for the hamstring, groin, thigh, glutes and back. Told to do these for until saturday. Then have a run.

If this doesn't work say after a week or so - then it could be rest and see what happens. But swim and cycle in the meantime. Then just get throuh marathon.

Too late to do anything re running style etc before Paris.

Even mentioned barefoot running as a concept to consider.

• Options
    Artur Partyka rules!!!!!!
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Oooooh another Paris frock - bloody marvellous!!  Which style did you go for?

I'm just back from Birmingham...off out for a saunter with a few fast bits.  Groin is a bit twingy...image

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    RS - I'll be very happy to have you shout at me again any time you like image

James B - fingers crossed, the rest and proper exercise will sort you out.
  • Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    James, I would be more worried for you if you went to the premature ejactulation clinic and the doctor said you condition was touch and go.

Very funny comments this afternoon, great photo DLR.

TD, glad to see you were holding back at 17km/h. I'm still pleased with my lunchtime intervals at 13km/h. I stayed dressed to avoid comments about my 'clothes' need ironing.
  • Options

Wow.  Just wow.  I've been on a lot of forums and seen a lot of threads, but this must be the mother of all threads.   And its just for 2013. 

My name is Rick and I guess I'm running Paris marathon in a month.  I signed up way back in Sept, then decided in November I couldn't run it due to it being too cold to train where I was and being too busy with work.  Then I moved in January and decided to run it again.  Then it looked like I'd be leaving France in March, so I stopped training, now my flight is moved back past race date, so it's back on again.   image   My body has no idea whats going on and my training calendar is all over the place.  But I feel good about it all the same.   This will be my 4th marathon so mentally I know what I'm in for. 

I have questions about the aid stations.  I planned to look up the answer here, but 500+ pages is a lot of info to sift through.   The Marathon de Paris website says "Every 5km, you will find mineral water, dry fruits, fresh fruits and sugar.
    + at km 10, 20, 25, 30 and 35. "    I dont get the second sentence, does that mean at those 5 markers you'll find 'more' as in '+"?  Would that include hydration drinks? 

I ran the 2012 Normandy Half Marathon and they had zero rehydration drinks - just water.  I'd never run a long race which didnt provide some sort of sport drink.  My body felt it.  If there are none along the route for Paris, I'll take my fuel belt.   However, I really don't enjoy running with it, so if I don't have to, I'd rather not. 

Anyone know what to expect this year?

-Rick
    Paris, France

• Options

Bienvenue a la thread rick.

Unless there are any big changes this year there's usually a food/water station every 5km, and there will be water in bottles with lids (330ml), half bananas, segments of orange, raisins, sometimes dates, and sugar lumps.

The only sports drink will be Powerade at about 30km (Trocadero) and then again nearer 40km in Bois de Boulogne.  Last few years that's been in plastic cups.  Personally I'd say ignore it and use gels and/or the fruit with water.

Beyond that there's usually kids giving out chocolate just after Bois de Vincennes, some cake 'stations' in Bois de Boulogne and I've seen bread, cheese, armagnac, red wine and cider available just before and in BdB.  I'd give that lot a wide birth too!

• Options

I thought big Artur would have a fan with you Wi!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NSkJ5IPTRtg/SXoPwHg6CfI/AAAAAAAACGE/iD96_PJxJJk/s320/casablanca02.jpg

Wow! , Rick..imageOf all the threads, in all the forums, you post here..

According to this part  of the site, they are only providing energy drinks at kilometre 22. The sponsor is Powerade. The drink will, if it's the same system as in last week's Semi, be in cups.

That said, I think  I remember previous plans saying the same thing...and yet there were 2 Powerade stations. Definitely worth an email to ASO, since it's really important to you.

There's water/fruit/sugar every 5 k.

If you haven't run Paris before and can't be bothered wading through the thread,  message me and I'll send you some stuff.

• Options
    Bo!!ocks. What was supposed to be an easy 6 miler turned into a nightmare when I caught a bump on the gravel path from the village....

... No skin on either knee or the knuckles of my left hand..

Very grumpy Spartan household
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Dave - ouch image

Rick - hi image
  • Options
    Me covered in tcp Suzie foot up with ice pack...

Alcohol restrictions lifted.... Both got a glass of wine on the go
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Things I have learned today:  Not being able to see my garmin is a distincy disadvantage when running intervals in the dark....

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    YM doesn't it beep?
  • Options

ouch Daveimage

Just back from taking Junior to athletics. Tonight she has been running with William Sitchel, Orkneys Ultra runner who  has set 60 age group records. Needless  to say she's very excited about it.

• Options
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Me covered in tcp Suzie foot up with ice pack...

Alcohol restrictions lifted.... Both got a glass of wine on the go

Dave - me too, and the footie. *Will give up tomorrow*

Hope the scrapes take no time to heal.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm sure it does beep but I don't usually bother to programme it as I always run in the morning.  Apart from today....

Must dust off the instruction book...