Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Em - Give me a shout if you want a copy bringing over

@KeyserSuze wrote (see)

Mr KS has banned me from running anywhere near our impending nuptials (September 2013).

You've just broken my heart there Suze

Running bucket list
    1. Comrades
    2. One in Utah where you start whatever time you like and the winner's the person who finishes closest to midnight. But you can't wear a watch or anything that tells you what time it is, so you have to run purely on feel.
    3. Tromso.
    4. The big one - West to East across Canada.

• Options

Tromso is high on my list, along with The great Wall of China, The Inca Trail, Solar Eclipse...........winnning the lottery..........Anything that involves a Holiday.........

• Options

Ah yes, Tromso, I want to do that.  As well as Vienna & Coppenhagen.  Marathon tourism, don't you just love it?! 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Copenhagen is high on my list too

• Options

Thanks Iain Moore 2, sadly, I think it might still be a bit close. Darn. 

Weedy - me too - had had my heart set on doing Loch Ness this year, finally! image

That Utah one sounds pretty cool. How far is it? Could you start half a mile out, at five to 12? I suppose that'd take the fun out a bit. 

Dannirr - great news on the no women only thing - I think I must have picked that up from the fairly prominent 'women of all ages' marketing on the Disney website. That's what happens when you don't read stuff properly. 

Yes to Tromso too. That looks amazing. I remember the marathontalkers doing a section on it a little while ago.

• Options

Having just looked at Tromso's profile, am revising that bucket list to half marathon.

• Options
    Boston, Sydney, Vienna
  • Options
    New York , Tokyo for dream marathons
  • Options
    Hello! I have been lurking for a while, enjoying the banter (and advice!). I posted way back last year. My training has gone okay, and I'm looking at a target of 4h30 - I'm using the word target loosely, I really just want to enjoy it.

Bib no. 60979

Any news on the weather forecast? I just don't want rain. A day like today, cold but sunny, would be glorious...

Good luck with your tapering and run everyone...
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

My app is currently saying 9 degrees and cloudy.  I can live with that image

• Options

Holeymoley!

!

How've you been?

!!

Glad you're back!

!!!

Suze - Utah one's a marathon. Sounds like it might be a laugh.

• Options

Vienna, Bonn (Mr Maus' home town), London, Boston, Marine Corps in Washington are on my list.

Tokyo would be pretty cool.

After doing City to Surf in Sydney 2 years ago, I don't trust Australian organisational capabilities. It was a nightmare.

I am going absolutely mental. I have gone from curled up in the foetal position under my desk sobbing (yes, I did really do this) to maniacal hysteria.

I did a quick 7.5km at quite a fast pace for me (under 6 mins per km). I didn't mean to, I was just so nervous. Was that a bad thing to do?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Maus, honey, take a few deep breaths.  You're going to be absolutely fine.  Truly.  The run has been done, if it felt ok then it was ok.

What do you still have to do?  Have you packed?  Do you need a chat?  You have my number, if you want a hosing down chat then call me image

• Options
    DLR - Eeeeuw!! (Note to self - choose words carefully!)

Coniston 14 in october...... Tempting

I've also been eying up the chester marathon! Anyone done it? Any good?

I really need to calm down and focus on this race rather than penciling in loads moreimage I've already spent this afternoon booking a holiday in El Chorro! Can i put that down to taper madness??
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

This week we can put everything down to taper madness.  Ever.y.Thing.

• Options

Well my pooch is 61kg of absolute perfection - according to his vet!! Teeth all fine, weight is perfect..heart fine,  joints all fine......imageimage Something less to wonder about!! And I can keep exercising him loads too!!!imageimage

• Options

Today's messages to help calm the madness :

'Be more like a camel than a gazelle'

'It's probable that your stride through the last kilometers will be horozontal, broken up, and laborious. You will advance however you can, but you will advance. In the end, nothing else really matters.'

So true...

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Kaz - your pooch must be heavier than you image
  • Options

...I forgot to add the Nice to Cannes Marathon to my bucket list; I've heard it's a goody.   

• Options
    Nice - Cannes! anything to say DLRimage
  • Options
    Listen, and understand! That the marathon runner is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until the finish line!!
  • Options
    Absolutely Ward6.

Apart from the bit about pity.

And fear.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Em - Give me a shout if you want a copy bringing over

@KeyserSuze wrote (see)

Mr KS has banned me from running anywhere near our impending nuptials (September 2013).

You've just broken my heart there Suze

Running bucket list
    1. Comrades
    2. One in Utah where you start whatever time you like and the winner's the person who finishes closest to midnight. But you can't wear a watch or anything that tells you what time it is, so you have to run purely on feel.
    3. Tromso.
    4. The big one - West to East across Canada.

You've just mentioned pretty much everything on my list. I'd love to do Tromso.

@KS - don't worry about that. Hubby banned me too and I ran the morning of my wedding (mainly to get away from the stress that was engulfing the hotel room).

Elizabeth Ellis 3 wrote (see)

Ah yes, Tromso, I want to do that.  As well as Vienna & Coppenhagen.  Marathon tourism, don't you just love it?! 

I was planning on Vienna this year but the flights were extortionate.

yer_maj wrote (see)

Copenhagen is high on my list too

Definitely added to my list with Stockholm.

Elizabeth Ellis 3 wrote (see)

...I forgot to add the Nice to Cannes Marathon to my bucket list; I've heard it's a goody.   

I've heard mixed things about this one. I was going to do it last year but they had transport works that weekend and couldnt work out how to get the runners from the finish to the start. Maybe in a few yearsimage

For me - it's always the biggies that stand out:

• New York
    • Tokyo
    • Osaka
    • Berlin (planned this year)
    • Comrades
    • US 100 miler (i can dream)
    • Marathon de Sables

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Another preparation step you may have missed....

Your outrageous show of National Pride. A.K.A - Your name on your shirt.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392676_853249580850_2071898335_n.jpg

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    @KeyserSuze wrote (see)

Having just looked at Tromso's profile, am revising that bucket list to half marathon.

It's pretty much flat, other than the bridge. Plus they run the half in winter when there is no daylight at all!

• Options
    Ward 6 wrote (see)

Damn image  You have learned well!

• Options

Marathon bucket list?

After the last 8 months I'd be thrilled just to be able to complete Berlin this year and get back to Paris next.

• Options
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Ward 6 wrote (see)

Damn image  You have learned well!

Spill the beans then DLR - I've been tempted for while but I take it that you have personal experience of the mara'.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Emmy - I'll be running in that top. Well, not that top 'cos that ones yours - but one exactly the same. Well not exactly the same, as mine doesn't say Emmy on it.

Ward - and of course, he'll be back image
  • Options
    You know what? Paris is top of my list. I haven't ever thought about doing a marathon before I saw someone do this last year, and I thought where better and more scenic to do a marathon than Paris! plus, you guys are making it an absolute joy.

I'm sure its taper crazies, but between work and getting ready to leave the country I haven't had a chance to sneak in a cheeky run in almost a week!! I'm going a little coco-loco. we fly out today so no hope, but do you think I can do one tomorrow in Singapore? otherwise the breakfast run will be looking like my next opportunity. is that leaving it too long? does it even matter if I don't run until then??