wearing headphones/earphones

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    GazOC wrote (see)

Mine WAS a serious question!image

Really?!

At your level I doubt anyone cares if you take a jelly baby from a supporter. But at elite level it might be a different story!

• Options
    Steve, I know no one cares at "my level", I dont care about headphones. I was asking whether it was in the rule book.
  • Options

I have run races where it specifically states that outside help is against the rules yet have seen runners take outside help in that they have had friends and family wait for them at specified points en route with water or gels or beer, coke, jafa cakes, jelly babies, percy pigs.

What these supporters are doing is anyones business - worst I've seen is VLM. image image

• Options

I don't actually think it's against the rules for VLM as it's such a big event. I'm sure if the elites took outside help it would be another matter.

• Options

I can see both points of the argument. I like listening to music during long races but I have also witnessed a lady who was wearing headphones nearly been run over by a car, it only missed her by inches. I listen to music in one ear only just so I can hear what is going on around me. I've just come across these Bone Conduction Headphones http://www.aftershokz.co.uk/Bone-Conduction-Headphones-AfterShokz-s/1818.htm and I thought what a great idea, I can listen to music and hear everything else that's going on as well image I ordered them but haven't tried them yet.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Erm... this thread's nearly two years old.  Couldn't you dredge up a more recent earphone bun-fight?  I'm sure there have been many.  image

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

...nice video though.  imageimage

• Options

Phil I realise the thread is nearly two years old and you obviously still read themimage I think Bone Conduction Headphones are a great idea, haven't heard about them before today so I wanted to share them if it makes running saver image

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Old threads only get read by accident. Feel like a prat if I respond to the OP without noticing.

🙂

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Yvonne Homewood wrote (see)

Phil I realise the thread is nearly two years old and you obviously still read them

Only when they've been bumped up to the top by a recent reply.  image

I agree that these headphones look like a good idea for being more aware of your surroundings when training.  I'd still have a problem with people using them during races where headphones are banned though.  It's not as though race marshals can see that they're bone conduction type 'phones from a distance.

• Options

I do not like wearing headphones in races, I believe it also nullifies the organisers insurance and is also not allowed as part of english athletics road running regulations. If it says no headphones then its no headphones of any make and racing on roads and many offroad races state that.