Options

Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Hello all from very snowy Midlands..again.

No pancakes for me, no eggs in stockimage. Panad, sounds like you're back on form. Laudy..hope legs mojo comes back soon! Mr Rex, crack on with those exercises bud, you've a rucksack to lug around. JD..steamed pollack, yummyimageimage.

Well, just packed for my jolly jaunt at the Hardmoors marathon on Sunday. If this one gets cancelled too, I'll officially go on marathon strike!!image

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

hey panad, you are getting good mileage in image pancakes are good leg power!

ouch TRex.. sounds nasty, but fairy wings could help you fly up those Snowdon hillsimage

Good luck at weekend brer, fingers crossed no cancellation.

My new running challenge is setting off the speed camera in the village. It clocked me at a green 7 this eve!

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

Indeed, I think I am Brer imageimage

No snow here image

off west in the morning image  I've planned three possible routes for Fri am's 18 miles depending on mood/weather....

Everything crossed that your race goes ahead this weekend Brer

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

jenf  - I'm supposed to be doing (sorry I AM doing) an off road marathon with TR41 at the end of march, so legs need to remember the miles pretty quickly image

I assume you mean one of those camera that tell you what speed you're going as opposed to one that flashes and gives you a ticket imageimageimage

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

yes thats the one panad! anyone else tried setting them off?? could be a new thread challenge.. image

• Options

jenf- I want one! Bet you can't get a flashing red thoughimage

T Rex- good luck with the exercises

6.5m recovery for me this morning before a 15m run tonight in rain that was so cold it was impossible to believe it wasn't faling as snow. Guess who made the decision to run in shorts- BAD one! Got it sorted, but legs were very heavy still after Sunday's hilly race so couldn't run the last section as fast as I planned- that and the fact i couldn't feel anything below the waist and I was uncontrollably drooling because I had lost the use of my face muscles through the coldimageimage Still: MILES IN THE BANKimage

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

brer - I'm sure it will be on.  Lot of snow at the moment I hear but turning to rain then a balmy weekend in store. The 110 is something I'm going to be aiming for at some point. Would do the 60 first, though.

A 16 scheduled for tomorrow.  Will have to see if I can wing it.

• Options

Great Bentley half at a trot last Sunday.... FLAT AS A...

Pancake day Tuesday, tried American style ones (added tsp baking powder & some sugar), will stick to English Pancakes in future, Delia's recipe...

6 Tuesday, 10 last night (plus tripped & bruised my ego!) and a nice romantic speed session with Mrs lemmy tonight...

18 and 6 over the weekend... Keep safe & keep up your exercises T Rex...image

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    T Rex wrote (see)

Will have to see if I can wing it.

image still smiling at that one!!!

• Options

Looking good for Hardmoors marathon..can someone nip over at the halfway point to supply me with several pancakes please, I really fancy one now having missed out on Tuesday.

Jason, I will NOT be wearing shorts on Sundayimage Latest email from organiser frightened the hell out of me re. conditions....

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Well 18miles done this morning, but where were you all? The route that got chosen was up to pen y pass, and it was very odd running it without a few thousand other nuttersimage went down to pen y gwryd then back up to the pass off-road before coming back down to Llanberis (also v odd running that direction) and then a vertical hike up the side of the slate mines back home. Now in Pete's awaiting lunch - y pantri still closed image
  • Options

tRex- how did the winging go?

Brer- good choice re shorts!

panad- nice runningimage

6.5m for me this morning and a MLR this evening which saw my legs starting to feel better- still getting there, but pretty goodimage Ran 14m this evening in 1.37.03 which is 6.56 av- bit too fast in the beginning and felt it in the middle miles, but felt better and looser towards the end, so all goodimage splits: 7:06 7:13 7:17 7:08 7:04 7:06 6:58 7:06 6:55 6:43 6:43 6:40 6:40 6:23. Think the rust is starting to flake offimage

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

padad, I'm jealous of you running the snowdon route.. but then I'm not sure its an advantage knowing what pain is coming or not!!

Shorts?? no chance for me either Brer.. my cold red thighs are not an attractive sight!!

Parkrun tomorrow jason?

• Options
    Jenf- See you there! how about the Llanelli 10m on Sunday? Doing it as the second half of my long run....
  • Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    jason-unfortunately I'm working Sunday morning image
  • Options

Panad..me too, very jealous.

JD-good to hear you are back on form.

Off to Osmotherly tomorrow for marafun ..I fear a VLM training run is going to be v. toughimage

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

panad - "image went down to pen y gwryd then back up to the pass off-road before coming back down to Llanberis"    ??  A quick trip across Moel Berfedd?  Or perhaps up the Glyderau and back down?  Radical.

16-miler not too bright.  Out in 1:12:20 and first 3 back 10s/mile faster.  Then I hit some sort of wall and struggled back for a positive split of +3m23s.  I don't do positive splits on paced runs so that was disastrous. Arm giving some gyp as well.

• Options

Brer - good luck and have fun

TRex - don't be so hard on yourself image 

Panad - have to admit to being a little jealous too

though quite jealous of anyone running double figures at the moment my mojo keeps wibbling off into a dark corner if anyone falls over it give it a good talking tooimage

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Not quite so radical I'm afraid TRex...at the point where we now go off the main road down the old road to nant gwynant in the marathon there is a small bridge&then a footpath leading back up to the pass, follows the road pretty much but a bit further down the side of the hill! It looks like they're in the process of making it a rocks footpath as at either end the path is v solid and new and there are heavy duty bags filled with said rocks ready to continue it in between. It was a nice path, if a little boggy in placesimage and definitely a preferable option to turning round and running back up the road!

I must admit I did think of you as I passed a solitary tent in one of the campsites just after nant peris..!

I was being on my best behaviour (having told Mr panad where I was going I thought I'd better stick to it) but in my head I was formulating many detours along various footpath....next time!

Have fun tomorrow Brer and on Sunday JD! And anyone else who's up to anything exciting this weekend image
  • Options
    TRex- sorry to hear it. Hope you're back to normal soon....

Panad- nice run that image

Chrissi- deep breaths! Lol! image

Good to see Jenf this morning at our local Parkrun. Did a few more either side for 8m in 57.49. Just a slow short jog later before tomorrow's gruellfest! Lol! image
  • Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

image  I managed to knock another 16secs of my 5k pb today! Jason lead the troops!!

brer,- hope your marafun goes well. how many miles do they call fun?

Chrissi- I think mojos always try and hibernate in the dark winter months, sun and lighter evenings coming soon!image

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Solitary tent?  That's me. (It wasn't, but it might have been.)

• Options

Jenf- well done on the 5k PBimage

Well today didn't go to plan for me! Ran the first 10 as planned, but the gale force headwind from 7-10m saw me fighting to get back to the start in time- lol! Wasn't happy realising that i would have to face this again!! Got back to start, but no time for drink before the off. Had a drink at 13m- in hindsight too much and was promptly sick for the next mile or so, prompting 2 stops. this along with the wind made me decide to ditch the mp effort and just run it easily. Still miles in the bank!image 20.01m in 2.21.20 (7.03  av)

• Options

JD - well done

Jenf - well done on PB

Mojo saw sunshine this morning and skulked out of corner with head hanging in shame it then accompanied me around a 5.5 mile muddy trail run image then randomly my Garmin just decided to finally upload all it's data since SNOD so i got to see the proof i did it on screen so mojo is dancing around kitchen now woohoo

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

JD, I've just been out running in that wind!! I feel battered n bruised!! Must have been a very tough race for everyone this morning. well done.

Glad your mojo is dancing Chrissi, reading that made me smile too image

• Options
    Phew,tough day there Jd and Jenf.

I've survived the Harmoors 26.2 but actually 27.43!! What a fantastic event but easily the toughest thing I've ever done.Came first in age group and 5th lady.Going for a recovery beer in the hotel bar soon!
  • Options
    Brer- awesome! image

Chrissi- good to hear image

Jenf- yep, pretty brutal out there today! image
  • Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Fantastic Brer, well done!! Enjoy the beer(s) image
  • Options
    Evening all.

Not been on for a while as is the case these days.I am over in the USA having well deserved break, but flying back tomorrow image

My cafe was flooded before xmas as was most of the village, we were absolutely gutted as we had put everything we had into the business. Work is ongoing and hopefully we will be open just before easter.

Running has taken a back seat but we are working on getting some cover in for the new season so I can get some miles in!!

S.S