Options

2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭
    NP or a sub 1:15 half and you'll gets a champs start and have til January to apply! F
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Fiona- indeed....... image
  • Options
    Wow!!!!!! What about the quality of the stats. So good to have such breakdowns tho last year I felt the opposite after a nightmare run. To find that I overtook 1313 runners in last 7k and was only overtaken by 17 is something I'm proud of. Would love to find out if anyone can beat that for a strong finish.
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NP when are you off to the beach?

Fiona yep - just 13 days now.  Safe trip home!

HM hope you're well

AGF hi

Bob welcome - great PB, well doneimage

NN race list is here http://www.fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?id=53497 (save as your Favourite).  I'm going to carb load in the final week - I don't bother with the depletion phase and generally follow the advice from the Ozzie Olympics team http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/nutrition/factsheets/competition_and_training/carbohydrate_loading

As for fuelling I'm going to carry about 5 gels but rarely get through them all - plus I carry 500ml of "High 5" 4:1 carb drink.

One Gear great report and fantastic time - particularly given the fall !

MG nice speedy 5m - be careful not to overdo itimage. Can't help with Jersey, sorry.

Jason hope you enjoyed the day offimage

----

Nice recovery jog this morning - all ok hereimage

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Race List

28/04/13 Manchester                       Spark, Simon Fawke
    28/04/13 Loop van Vlaanderen 25k Emmy
    05/05/13
    06/05/13 Milton Keynes                   Teknik
    12/05/13 Cape Wrath                      OH
    19/05/13 Hook 2.5                           HM
    26/05/13 Edinburgh                        Spark
    26/05/13 MittelRhein                      Emmy
    02/06/13
    08/06/13 Luxembourg                    Emmy
    09/06/13
    16/06/13 Hoy Half                          OH
    21/06/13 Nacht van Vlaanderen    Emmy
    23/06/13 North Downs 30k            Teknik
    29/06/13 Giant's Head                   Emmy
    30/06/13
    07/07/13
    14/07/13
    21/07/13 Fairlands Valley Challenge Teknik
    21.07/13 Dundee Half                    Stuart M
    28/07/13
    04/08/13 World Police and Fire Games Half No Pain
    11/08/13 Salisbury 54321               Teknik
    11/08/13  Isle of Mull Half               Andi
    18/08/13
    24/08/13 Thames Meander            Emmy
    25/08/13
    01/09/13 Great Scottish Half          Spark, Stuart M
    08/09/13 Maidenhead Half             Johnas
    08/09/13 Dunstable Downs 20       Teknik
    15/09/13 Bristol Half                       Night Nurse
    15/09/13 Lake Vyrnwy Half            Jason D
    22/09/13 Tonbridge Half                Johnas
    22/09/13 Great Langdale Half       OH
    22/09/13 Pleshey Half                   Teknik
    29/09/13 Loch Ness                       Stuart M, Spark, StewartC, Young Cowboy, Andi
    29/09/13 Berlin                              AGF, Emmy, Kaz
    06/10/13 Chester                          Pammie, Doc Pete

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

06/10/13 Jersey                            MG
    13/10/13 Cologne                         Emmy (HM); sevendaughters
    20/10/13 Birmingham Half            MG
    20/10/13 Abingdon                       Night Nurse
    26/10/13 Snowdonia                    Jason D, OH
    27/10/13 Frankfurt                       Teknik, Johnas, Emmy
    22/12/13 Portsmouth Coastal      Zoe Windsor

• Options

Slight correction Teknik
    Cape Wrath HM is on Monday 13 May with full marathon on Saturday 18 May
    (I'm signed up for both with the odd bit of fun in between!)

Also planning doing Harris HM on 8 June

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH corrections made...you've got a busy May and June!image

• Options

Add me to Bristol & Birmingham half image Also has anyone ran the Amsterdam Marathon? Or could any one advise of a good one to run that I stand a chance of getting a place in? Around October time? Something to work towards I guess?

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Sophie- added.  Frankfurt!image.  Flat, fast, not too packed, usually cold...

• Options

Argh sorry Teknik That's 6 July for Harris HM - got wrong month

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Tek- can you add me to Chester? image oh and Lake Vyrnwy Half on Sept 15th image ta
  • Options

Just parking my backside in here on NP's advice!  Hello all.  Jason, did you do London?  How did you get on? (sorry, having trouble scrolling back through thread).

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Jason already had you down for Lake no-syllable; Chester added.image

HeOw welcomeimage

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Still in London and what a great day 20+c today blue sky's image lots of walking done now know Bond St and Oxford St like the back of my hand. Fly out tomorrow morning so got to repack a few things tonight after we have been out for something to eat.

Fiona did you fly home today?

NN I have a few half marathons that I will be taking on but with my PB at 1:20:20 don't think I could get anywhere near the time required for VLM. Will look at getting my GFA time back towards the end of year I think but next year will be out image

HeOw welcome I'm sure Teknik will add you to the marathon listimage
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Tek- lol! The ys are syllables in Welsh image

NP- sounds ideal weather for walking, rather than running! image Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Safe journey home image

Chester hotel booked! image
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    HeOw- hi! imageimage ok, considering- 2.50
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

I'm fine.  There's going to be an addition to the race list as I've got a 5 miler in June.  Not checked the date yet or even entered!  However it is a permanent fixture on the list.

One Gear,

Great report & well done.

---------

Heard some really good news today.  A friend who has been out of work for nearly a year has got a new job!  

I'm beginning to get my training back on track and plan to go running tomorrow night.

• Options
    Hi Guys. I too am enjoying the sunny weather image

Last week was my first 50+ miler for a while so am pleased. Today was my first speed session for a while too. I use that term loosely. 3 mile warm up(was hot before leaving) the 4x800m with 250m recovery and then 3+miles home. The 800's were a shock to the system image

22.5 weeks to Berlin image

Hope everyone is recovering from weekend antics image

Welcome to the new guys. Will be great for you to stick around image
  • Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    AGF nice miles nice to see you back into 50+ a week image

Jason jet out to Grand Cayman tomorrow so up and out at dark o'clock to get across London to Heathrow image

Ok here is my plan up to Christmasimage

Holiday and a bit of running along a beach and much swimming image

Back home and into training.

Half Marathons 8th June Larne Half, 28th June Ards Half, 4th August WPFG 5000m, 6th August WPFG Half Marathon, 8th WPFG Biathlon. Sept 8 Titanic 10k.

28th Oct Dublin marathon to get back my FGFA place for 2015 image

NN it only took a day to get my head straight lolimage and I have to meet up with you guys again image
  • Options
    NP glad your feeling better, that's a big schedule ahead of you for the summer.

AGF well done on miles this week

Now officially entered the Jersey M on the 6 th of Oct, so something to aim for again, Sophie it might be race to enter, I am combining it with a break over there, ??35 entry
  • Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

So pleased to hear you are back on form NP!image No wonder with the holiday coming up! imageimage  It was a beautiful day in London, just about got blown off the plane steps at Inverness.

I have to get a plan as feeling a bit lost now, just arrived home and I need to focus on something. I'll be interested to hear what sort of half training you will be doing.

AGF great to see you are getting back to it for Berlin!

MG1 nice that Jersey is on the calendar.

Best go unpack now, work tomorrow.image 

Will catch up properly later.

F

• Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Hi guys hope everyone is recovering well from there races over the past few weeks and those still to run I hope the taper madness is not too severe.

HeOw, welcome to the thread

AGF, well done getting into the 50+ miles again, got to love the 800 repeats

NP, that's some list of races for the summer and Autumn, good to see you've put the bad experience behind you

HM4, glad to see the mojo is returning good luck with your planned races

MG1, good to see you've got an autumn race lined up

OH, Harris is a beautiful Island I remember visiting it in my youth, the beaches on the west coast are stunning

Tek, you've been busy updating the race list and if I may can you add Nairn Half Marathon 17th Aug and Elgin Half Marathon 1st September, thanks image

4 mile JS run this evening, starting to feel looser and stronger as each day passes, I'm enjoying running for fun with any luck I'll be refreshed fit and raring too go image

• Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

X post

Fiona, It has been a little windy here for a few days and I bet a few degrees cooler than London, hope you're recovering well and I'll see you at JS soon image

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Well in the departure lounge and just called to the gate image next ATP Grand Cayman. Looking forward to this image
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

HeOw - welcome to the thread image how's the training going for Manchester ? Hope your recent problems are all behind you now

Tek - impressive stats on the recovery run image

Stewart - sounds like you're in a great place, enjoy image

NP - that's a proper shitter on the GFA, you don't deserve that. But i have to say your attitude after the disappointment is top drawer mate, all the best to you and i hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Fiona - funny you say that as i'm starting to feel a bit lost as well now it's all over. I think i need to get some races lined up but i have no idea what to go for .... i could go for the same ones i did last year but that's a bit boring image

Couple of recovery runs so far this week, 4.5 yesterday and 5 this morning. I'm keeping HR below 70% but legs are still feeling a little heavy and telling me that 5 is far enough for now.

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NP enjoy your holiday!!

HM great news for your friendimage. Let me know the June race and I'll add it

AGF good to hear you're back up to 50m.  Nice speed session.

MG well done for committing to another race

Fiona you need to get a schedule sorted quickimage

Stewart nice JS run - glad you're enjoying itimage

mace well done on the recovery runs - good that you're taking it easy.  Maras...Frankfurt? Leicester? Bournemouth?  Halfs - Kent Coastal, Tunbridge, Maidenhead, Ealing?

All races added...link is herehttp://www.fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?id=53497.  I'll do the Skydrive update for the non-Fetchies later.

---

Another little 3m bimble at 70%maxHR for me this morning.  10 miles at MP tomorrow, then the last MP 10m test on Sunday.

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

Tek - that's the problem, i feel like a kid in a sweetshop, there's so many image

Overseas races really appeal to me but i'd want to take Mrs m and the kids - what did Frankfurt set you back last year including travel, hotel ?

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

nice bimbling image