Options

2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Options

Well the wedding ceilidh just about finished me off yesterday (after the swim and 13.6 miles earlier) image

Just watching some of VLM today and hopefully getting out in kayak later ...

Go Guys Go

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Subject to some number confusion, I think Johnas went through the half at 1:20

Jason went through at 1:23;  NP at 1:27. 

F is just crossing Tower bridge, just before the half way marker...image

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

1:35:36 half for Fionaimage

• Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭
    The guys are going well
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Well the perfect weather forecast went pear-shaped! Lol! Ran 2.50 which I think is a fair reflection of where I'm at allowing for the conditions. Happy enough- especially as I just found out that the pub at Paddington Station gives a free pint to everyone with a medal. Should have brought the rest of them along.... image
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Had to sprint for the 2.50 too lol! Looking forward to hearing from the others.... image
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Well done Jason.  Got too hot, methinks...can't believe you managed a sprint down the platform....imageimage

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Tek- lol! Not the train, the sub 2.51 image Yeah was too hot for me!
  • Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭
    Well done Jason, a great time given the conditions
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason,

Well done.

--------

2.44 miles done this morning.  Not sure about pace as not had chance to upload deatils yet.

• Options

Congratulations Jason - a super run !! Brilliant. 

Nice to see you get out too HM4 image

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭
    Hi all.

A real pleasure to meet NN, NP & his OH and jason yesterday and then mace today outside Chandos with his lovely family. All great folks.

Well I am happy with today's result given the last 3 weeks' inactivity! My hamstring/glute hurt from the start but not a sharp pain so it was fine to run on. I was feeling a bit icky and did not want to eat breakfast but did. I soon saw the gel I had at mile 13 again (at mile 14, sorry!). I thought I'd have to stop but slowed a bit and felt better but it never went away totally.

Now having pink champagne!! Hic!

Time ended up 3:17:34, previous PB was 3:20:56 at VLM 2010 and just noticed that next year I'll be in the next age group!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Lovely and warm here now. Teknik are you now tapering?

F

I'll read back properly later
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

HM well done on the runningimage

Fiona fantastic race, well done, it can't have been easy out there today.  Nice PBimageimageimage

• Options

Fiona - Thats a fantastic time. A 3min+ Pb is great at the best of times - let alone with the niggle and dicky tummy. Enjoy the celebrations image

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

AGF & Tek,

Thanks.  I've realised I need to get my @rse into gear as my first race is on 19 May.

Fiona,

Well done.  Glad you made it round okay.

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭
    Great run jason, mace said he saw you.

Well done on the run HM4.

Teknik it was warm and I tried to run in the shade but it did not always work! Nice for the crowds though and they were amazing!

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭
    Thanks AGF!

HM4 good that you have a race lined up.

• Options

Well done Jason / Fiona - brilliant times

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Fiona yes I'm tapering - down to 50m this week.  I did 13.5m this morning - the last 10m as a MP test.  Happy it came out at 7:41, with a flat 82%max HR. Got home at 10 a.m., really hot, and I thought of you lot just starting...image..well done againimage

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭
    Thanks Spoons, really good to hear from you. What are you up to these days?

Great MP run Teknik, you deserve a great run!

• Options
    Well done to Jason and Fiona great effort and times earlier, I am sure the heat didn't help , my nephew and brother both gots PBS in 3.08 and 3.11 so happy for them as well,
  • Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Well done Fiona, a great race run and a 3 minute PB in tough conditions I'm delighted for you image

• Options

I am back to report as promised. Well done Jason and Fiona, those times are fab.

I managed to scrape a 3.46.54 so I will take that. My GPS tracked 26.72 miles so I ran a little further too hee hee. My legs are quite sore now but it was a fab day and well don't to all xx

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

Tek - the MP is gradually getting better, nice one image

Fiona - great to meet you today and congrats again on your pb image

jason - fabulous running, i gave you a big shout as you went under the bridge outside Embankment tube station just before the 25 marker image

Sophie - superb run, well done image

Unfortunately i only managed shouts for jason and Johnas as after 3 hours spotting race numbers just became a needle in a haystack job image I thought i'd somehow missed NP as well but had a text since from him saying he had a stomach problem around 14 and it looks like he suffered ... gutted for him image

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Hi peeps well at long last the stomach has settled down image

Jason fantastic running my OH saw you before you turned on to the Mall.

Fiona that's a fantastic PB I am over the moon for you and it was a real pleasure to meet up with you both and your sister and NN who I saw at mile 13.

Bit gutted it all started to go pear shaped after the half way point, I started to get stomach cramps and ran a couple of miles before finding a loo, even after that every step was sore and a few miles later I was looking for the loo again after the second visit I was unable to get back on pace and again every step was painful. I haven't suffered from anything like it before by mile 20 I had had enough and just walked the last 6 miles finishing in 3:42 after walking back to the hotel I was still suffering, sorry for missing Mace and the family and Fiona at Chandos, on a good note my legs are fresh image

Not sure if I will put my body through another block of marathon training to race but might just run them for fun in future I will see how I feel after my holiday.
  • Options

NP.   I like the fact that you see the positive side that your legs are fresh. I really feel for you as you have worked so very hard throughout this training period.  Once things have settled down hopefully you will choose the route that you are most happy with.  I hope you manage to enjoy your time in london without further stomach problems..

( i hope you and fiona did not catch something in your saturday afteroon tea and cakes ) 

• Options
    NP gutted for you , have seen the hard work and dedication you have put in over the last 3 months, I hope the stomach has settled down now.
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NP so sorry to hear you had an awful time.  Hope you feel better in the morning, and can enjoy the rest of the time in London, plus that holiday. 

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Sophie - sorry just noticed your post. Fantastic time, well done, especially after 3 weeks of a niggle - tell me that wasn't your first mara!image