Options

Valencia Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Excellent.. Thanks Chris... I can not see any info on the email I got .. But thanks... !
  • Options

Just picked up a run365 bottle belt for 3 quid in sportsdirect. Never used one before but will try it out this Sunday. They didn't have the bottle harness thing I was in the market for but this may do the job. 3 quid worth a punt!

• Options

I'm just goign to stick with my 5 gels (one of which is just before the start) and make sure I get something at every water staion. I normally only have water every 10k or so, so doubling this to each 5k water station should be enough (hopefully!).

• Options

Prince Felipe Museum is the number collection point,open Friday and Saturday...10-22hrs

• Options

OMG, this ts the weather f/c

Sun 17 Nov

1:00 6:59 21 °c 23 °c               

7:00 12:59 23 °c 25 °c                

13:00 18:59 32 °c 35 °c                

19:00 0:59 32 °c 25 °c

• Options

We might get lucky with the weather, cooling down slightly and forecast remains as a high of 18 for the Sunday which would be ideal.

Does anyone follow the blue line all the way round a marathon course? Just been reading a book and the guy goes on about following the blue line so as not to do more than 26.2 miles!

Two decent 10k runs so far this week, another tomorrow and an easy 10 miles Sunday, then total wind down with a couple of real easy runs next week.

Hope everyone is where they want to be with training, pretty sure I will be the tail end Charlie of this thread but cannot wait image

On a related note, you guys obviuously like overseas races, did the BCN half this year, great fast course and lovely start / fnish area, highly recommended.

Would be good to catch some of you for post race beers at some point.

• Options

Hey Jake, sounds a good training plan

Never yet managed to follow the blue line (they don't have them every race) and always end up running about 26.5m, it is quite difficult in the crowds

Hope to see you for a beer

D

• Options

Our posts crossed Daniel. We must be using different web sites! I am clinging on to the hope the one I checked is going to be the one to rely on...

Just over the water in Ibiza I can report a definite drop in temp today and this slow decline in daily temps is set to continue into next week. If it's anywher near 30o I will be finishing with the road sweeper truck!

• Options

I hope your website is the right one! to be fair, this is the worst I have seen, the BBC is predicting more like high of 25.

Does anyone know any bars for Sunday night drinks? If not I'll have a look and find one nearish the start/finish area as I assume everyone can and knows how to get there!

• Options

Daniel - Pottermoss and I are flying back in the evening - we are setting up camp in a bar/eatery type place for most of the afternoon and then hopping in a cab back to the aeropuerto at 7-ish. So post race, i'm gonna wait for him and then head to bar (no idea which one). I suggest we try and arrange something for post race. Especially if its warm - the post race pints will taste EPIC - plus the day of a marathon is like Christmas day for me (in terms of my eating habits) - i'll be looking to take on about 4500 calories for the rest of the day - and that will start with a big fat lunch and ice cold brewskis!

• Options

Jimbob, sounds  a plan! Might skip the food through, I always feel a bit sick for a couple of hours after a long run/race

• Options

Morning, 10 miles done, test drove the belt, seems like I'll manage if I have to. Would prefer the temp to drop off a bit. Stay healthy this week peeps, steer clear of people with colds etc and don't overdo it in training. Just have a couple of short relaxed runs to keep the engine warm. Excitement building for our little excursion image. Anyone flying easyjet next Saturday 8.10am from gatwick, look out for me and Pottermoss in the lounge. We'll be drinking coffee. Stop for a natter.  

• Options

It seems like now it is marathon week that I am surrounded by people coughing and spluttering! Tempted to spend the week in one of those bubble suits to stave off any illness.

I am also on the 8:10am from Gatwick Jimbob/Pottermoss so I will keep my eyes peeled.

• Options

Ditto for the plane. Got up and moved seats twice on the bus this morning due to people sniffing! Glas to see the weather looks as if it is cooling

• Options

Forecast is looking just about perfect image

Have any of you experienced guys ever had a nightmare run a week or near to a big race? Went out yesterday for what was going to be a nice 10 miler, legs leaden like and had a return of a tight calf problem that keeps coming and going. Confidence had built nicely, brought back to earth with a bump yesterday.

Stay germ free folks, had never thought of that particular problem! 

• Options

Hi Jake, yeah, I['ve had that a few times. I wonder if it something to do with tapering? I've given myself a nice three week taper this time, but still managed to strain my left knee. Just a couple of 10k runs at the weekend, ntohing yesterday or today and hopefully can do a 5k tomorrow but I could be going into the race having done nothing for a week before - would rather get round slowely than make it worse and not make the start line

• Options

i had a bit of knee soreness on my run today Jake, it's unlikely to be anything sinister (i hope!). We've cut back our mileage and training intensity. Some of it could be "phantom" pain - some is stifness caused when the  micro fibres in your muscles heal during taper.

Just one more run to go people, don't do anything silly. Stay warm ..... BRING IT ON!image

• Options

Thanks for the feedback, not unduly worried, was hoping I would feel like Emil Zatapek on my final Sunday run instead felt like John Prescott!

I'm sure the 2nd marathon can never be as good as the first but I'm damned excited.

Stay healthy chaps...

• Options

So, what is everyone's target for this?

P.B is 3.13 but that was four years ago when it much better shape. Run a couple of halfs over last month or two, both around 1.35. If i can get under 3.30 i'll be delighted, but realistically probably going to be more like 3.40.

Really looking foward to it now though!

• Options

Does heathly include a massive chicken curry for lunch, but with brown rice instead of white?image

• Options

Had an email with my bib number last night image

Never had this before, but suffering from pre-race / tapering insomnia, 03:00 today 02:30 yesterday....

• Options

Anyone else get an email with their bib number? I haven't.....

• Options

Nada, but I expect they will filter thru over next 24 hours. Shall we have a bib liat?

• Options

The BBC weather forecast for Valencia is now showing thundery showers with temperatures at around 9 degrees at the start of the race - talk about changeable weather!

I haven't had any emails from Valencia either.

• Options

Changed to sunshine with showers now - I don;t mind a bit of drizzle to keep me cool. Still no email

• Options

I meant bib list btw image

• Options

I printed my registartion and my No De Dorsal is 8.273 - guess that's my bib number!

• Options

On that basis I am 3.267.

• Options

ok .....

Bib:       Screename:

1.949    The Jimbob

3.267    Chris Abell 2

8.273    Daniel Snowden 2

• Options

Anyone know the best way to get from hotel near the station to the starting line on the day? Also how long this will take?

And where is the best area in Valencia for bars for in the evening after the race?

Oh and I have had no e-mail confirmation So what do i take to collect race number?

Thanks for any info on my questions

John