Options

Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options
    Merry Xmas everyone -

Well done everyone who made it out running today ,,

RR - Santa hats always slow you down , they're not designed for speed , but extra points awarded for wearing it the whole way round ,,so maybe lay off the sprouts completely image

Windy 11 miler in the bag this afternoon , not unpleasant but tough and out of the way now ,,, time for the feast

Oh and Santa brought me a heart rate moniter ,, it works ,, I have one image
  • Options

Merry Christmas folks.

12K for me. Very windy but really enjoyed it. I have worked up an appetite. And a thirst...

• Options

8 lovely sunny miles for me this morning....lots of happy runners, dog walkers and kids on shiny Christmas bikes... image

• Options
    Evening lovelies, wow so much running today. I'm part way through a marathon of sorts. I've reached the cheese but the poultry may resurface for one last hurragh in the form of a turkey, bacon, stuffing, rocket and cranberry sauce sandwich with a cheeky spread of gravy on each slice of bread. The whiskey consumption continues with the wine beers tea etc
  • Options

Hope everyone has had a lovely day. 

No running here yet again due to the storms, but I am ever hopeful that things may settle before morning. image If not it maybe a case of finding a shelter spot and doing intervals. 

• Options

Hope everyone had a proper good day yesterday and Santa delivered your hearts desiresimage Off for a hilly14 in a bit then got family around for Christmas day take two.

• Options

Just in from pre-breakfast run. Heck its still pretty awful out there and I took quite a battering at times, but 8 miles @ mp done. Very happy -considering recent weeks and weather- 8.52 average mm. image

• Options

Hi folks,

i did a 6km treadmill run this morning because the weather here was wet and thundery.   Felt great after.  Then we went to a friends for lunch and I'm so stuffed I feel revolting!!   

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all, Sorry for being AWOL - i had very limited access in the UK. Merry christmas and all that jazz and i hope you all had a wonderful day!

• Options

Morning all (or evening for our upside-down friends).

Today I discovered, while listening to the podcast of Desert Island Discs), that Morecambe and Wise 'Bring me Sunshine' is the perfect 'get-you-out-the-door' running tune. Although if you do the dance it throws your rhythm out a bit image.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Jingle Jo wrote (see)

Emmy / TD - having checked the training plan for week of 13th, it calls for a 8M easy and a 5M with 3M at HM pace for mid week that week - i'm happy to go with whatever fits best for all and the timing, for me the 8M pace would probably be around 9 - 9.30min/miles. Looking forward to my first Forum meet up!

9/9.30miles sounds perfect for me. I'll PM you my email/number so we can keep in touch. I'm happy to do some miles at 8.30 if that would work for you? TD - would the run be on trail or road?

RachMinAus wrote (see)

Ive been looking at blogs of people who did the paris marathon last year and loving the stories and photos!!   One question I have is clothing!!  Do you all wear winter running gear for it!??  Being where I am I wear quite brief running gear and am used to it!!  I was thinking of buying some 3/4 skins pants so wondering if they work?   Everyone I know raves about them but none of them do marathons so I'm not sure!!  I was thinking just skins pants and one of my normal running singlet tops and having a jumper on that I chuck as we get running.  I was also just going to wear a belt for my bib with the gel loops like this one: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/spibelt-energy-with-6-gel-loops-plus anyone have any opinions on these sort of belts?     

Ooh - the class question of what to wear... it really depends on the weather.

I shall give you my experience of skins. They're great... but you need to check them for wear and tear. I was in Frankfurt for work last year and was running around the city. Had a great run and decided to stretch outside the hotel before going in after my run. I stretch and suddenly hear... RRRIIIIIPPPP. My ass was on display to a bunch of japanese business men eating dinner. I was so red I with my jacket covering my ass and ran to my room!

I think last year I wore a long sleeved top, a vest and then a plastic bag over the top to keep me warm. You will need to wear something to keep you warm at the start as you'll be standing around for a while.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

JingleJo - I cant message you as it wont let me. Can you enable PMs?

• Options

A nice short boxing day run completed. Now off to roast dinner number two, this time its beef. 

Not looking forward to tomorrow's LSR with forecast 80mph winds and heavy rain! Who's idea was it the spring marathons were a good idea?

• Options

I'm 48 hours into my 72 hour, eat lots of yummy food, consume much alcohol, do sweet f.a apart from sit around and watch old films on telly, binge.  Pretty impressed with people getting out and churning out mileage in a) crappy conditions b) with all the xmas excessive consumption. I will hopefully finish my binge when I wake tomorrow and go out for a 2 hour run if I'm not too hungover. 

I've just fed myself and the family a full on mark2 christmas dinner! Which is leftovers from yesterday, it turned out to be pretty substantial! Happy to report no wasteage this year. Washed down with a large glass of Shiraz. (Just poured my second glass of Shiraz) still got half a tonne of turkey breast in the fridge, with some stuffing as well! 

The marathon continues ......

• Options

Showing great stamina there TJB!

20 mile cycle today in beautiful weather, but forecast for the next few days is more high winds and rain. Hoping to do 16 miles tomorrow, but we'll see...

• Options

Mmmm........more high winds and rain..... Oh joy!image

We were invited for boxing day dinner today, but I ended up doing the cooking. image No excessiveness on food over the last few days but ended up having a few 'silly vimtos' this afternoon. image Now home watching Smurfs 2. 

• Options

Happy Christmas everyone. Have had a most magical first Christmas with TD. Very, very happy.

Went on a quick (for me!) 7.5km jaunt with TD today. And my new Garmin. 

Weedy - the Maus didn't stir. Not after the travelling during the day on Christmas Eve. But it did make me laugh. I was trying to think of a clever way to put that into my forum Christmas name...

By the way, my fabulous new Garmin means that I'm going to have a Forerunner 110 going begging. It's less than a year old. If anybody would like it, I'd be happy to give it to you.

• Options

Mistletoe Maus - are you sure you want to give up your 110? I'll willingly give you something for it, mine is on its last legs as the strap has started to come away from the inards and it lets in water. 

• Options

Glad all had a good Christmas, and very happy Maus that you and TD got to spend it together.  That's the way it should be.

I am well and truly into the taper irrationality - I awoke this morning convinced that I will not manage a half marathon, let alone the 4 races I have planned 2 weeks form now!  I know it's in my head, but that is where I live.

• Options

I awoke this morning from a dream where I had put on about 4 stone overnight and had grown enormous, rounded, pear-shaped hips.

I am already so bored with food, alcohol and chocolate. Tomorrow I need salad, fruit and an LSR by myself. I have such poor stamina.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

"Dannirr's going bonkers, Dannirr's going bonkers" 

Tapir madness is alive and well in the Southern States image

Maus image

• Options

Dannirr - 4 times the races, 4 times the tapir madness. You get a whole herd of tapirs image.

• Options

RR - the other collective noun for tapirs is a candle of tapirs.  I kinda like that, seems romantic, although I'm not sure getting up close and personal with a tapir is recommended image

• Options

Hee hee hee, a candle. Awesome!

MacSanta-stop poncing and get running!  You have 4 digits in sight.

• Options

Porridge O'clock .......

• Options

RS - 'only' 43.7 to go. And I have 3 running days to go as the family are about to descend on us for the weekend. And the weather us sh*te. How are you getting on?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

RS - how is your mileage counter looking? And i'm not asking about the crispsimage

Danirr - you have my sympathy! For some reason my brain is getting a little messed up for next weekends double. I need to sort myself out a little.

Macsanta - get to it Mr!! image You can do it.

It's a very blustery morning here. VERY windy and bits of rain make for a hard run and not very pleasant day.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

'got out of bed, this morning, without holding on to the chest of drawers....Yeah! I'm shuffling to the edge of the injury bench image

I'm envious of all your runs..hungover, frozen, blown away or whatever state you're in. Come back and tell us all about them.image

• Options
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Glad all had a good Christmas, and very happy Maus that you and TD got to spend it together.  That's the way it should be.

I am well and truly into the taper irrationality - I awoke this morning convinced that I will not manage a half marathon, let alone the 4 races I have planned 2 weeks form now!  I know it's in my head, but that is where I live.

Dannirr - I've seen your Garmin stats, you're well on the way dude. Stay cool.

• Options

Dannirr -Keep the faith!

AiTM - encouraging signs!

Rest day for me which is just aswell as a) way too much consumption last night with the family and b) it is proper grim up north - stupidly windy and battering down. A rejigged 18 tomorrow am so hope the weather blows itself out.

Hope everyone is enjoying the festivitiesimage