Options

Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

20 in total, not 20 between now and the end of the year image

That would just be silly image

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Weedy - this year? it's saying something when Emmy questions your sanityimage

Agreed about the picture though, this one is much better

/members/images/676282/gallery/Orbutt_Lecter_2.jpg

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Orbutt - I thank you.

Weedy - ahh... so ONLY 11. Dear Sir, you are a little bit of a nutter

.....*goes away to count up how many marathons are left for me this year... 9 with 2 maybes.. wanders back...*cough*

That statment is now retracted. You are perfectly sane and I must find another to do image

• Options

Glad you see sense image

Orbutt - it's slightly better, but only just.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

I've done 11 marathons in 7 years and I feel that's been too much at times. I've no idea how Emmy and Weedy can do what you do.

• Options

All hail weedy and Emmy ,our very own king and queen of the marathon, 

emmy - could you run a marathon in a wedding dress ?

weedy - what about morning suit and top hat !!

• Options

I saw someone running on Sunday who went for around 45 minutes in desperate pain and just kept going. It requires much more courage and strength of character to overcome that inner challenge, than it does to execute a fast run after thorough preparation. So kudos to Maus and I hope I can contribute something towards coaching you to be faster and better prepared for future races.

Did a litle 2.5km race this lunchtime. It is an annual memorial event for a work colleague who was knocked off his bike and killed on the way to work, 10 years ago today. Quite a few children of employees take part in this race - I say children - one is already competing in Junior World Championships in triathlon - anyway, I came 4th - 2nd of the oldie category and pleased to have kept one young gun at bay who was breathing down my neck most of the way round. 9:05

Now i need to sleep.... not getting any younger. image

• Options

Sounds like there is a lot of serious running going on!

Emmy, Weedy-- You guys are amazing.  One marathon and 3-4 half marathons per year seem like a lot to me!

Excellent 9 mi LSR Sunday morning.  MUCH better than the hideous 8 miler the Sunday before.  Incredible how much easier it is to run at 62F than at 80F.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Well done on the run Aaron! it's great when things feel good!

• Options

Hi friends - MM- it's tough to keep going when it hurts but It sure makes you appreciate a "comfortable" run even more!  I did my 16 mile LSR on Saturday and at mile 15 fatigue prevented me from recovering a stumble, I had almost forgotten running can be a full contact sport:/  !  These next 6 months I will run my 5th 6th & 7th marathons. Paris is Lucky 7 and I look forward to seeing you all there!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Scott the slightly faster than walking walker wrote (see)

emmy - could you run a marathon in a wedding dress ?

I am running a fancy dress marathon next weekend and I was looking for an outfit... image

• Options

Weedy - if you have a minute between running marathons, can you add me to the list for Beachy Head. I appear to have signed up.

This is my big mileage week, and right now it feels like I'm standing at the bottom of a mountain. Can someone please give me a push?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Mind you don't ask for a push when we're on the top of Beachy Head, now...image

• Options

RR - dare you say the number of miles aloud? 

Seriously. If anybody can do those miles you can. You were a part of a team that ran 1,250 km across Europe a mere 6 weeks ago...

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

RR - you can do it! Just think of he end goal! I felt like a sloth this morning running with the dog.

Im still deciding about beachy and the cost involved. Its a toughie.

• Options
    BRF wrote (see)

Hi friends - MM- it's tough to keep going when it hurts but It sure makes you appreciate a "comfortable" run even more!  I did my 16 mile LSR on Saturday and at mile 15 fatigue prevented me from recovering a stumble, I had almost forgotten running can be a full contact sport:/  !  These next 6 months I will run my 5th 6th & 7th marathons. Paris is Lucky 7 and I look forward to seeing you all there!

Thanks BRF. Ouch. Hope you're not too bruised after the fall.

What are marathons 5 and 6?

Is it really only 6 months until Paris? I'm not due to panic about that until at least December! Though, I think I'm going to be good on things to panic about until then...

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    BRF wrote (see)

....What are marathons 5 and 6?

Ooh - we have another multi marathoner? Please tell us where you next two are image

• Options

Thanks folks. YM - I'll make sure I'm carrying the gin so no one will shove me off Beachy Head.

MM - 56 miles in total this week. 20 done so far. Actually a really nice, sunny run this evening.

• Options

Umm..."clears throat and whispers" weedy...beachy...me too...I'll be carrying the rum.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

You can't carry the rum, sweetheart.  We drank it all at mile 11 in London then flashed Eggy...remember?  Gin it is....

• Options

RR - im sure you,ll cope with the mileage this week , you are pretty amazing when it comes to putting the effort in , im counting on you dragging me round the cumbrae ten miler ,    

beechy head - is it a marathon or an excuse to get drunk ? 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

It's an extremely serious race.  For Elite Athletes.  Clearly.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Lovely 5 miler today with BRF - on an off road trail so easy going to avoid taking a tumble. Had a good time in the middle of my working day

• Options

A lovely 5 miler indeed dannirr as I said before u r an awesome coach/cheerleader!

MM et al ... My 5th  and 6 th ventures are Chicago and the dopey challenge at walt disney world in orlando FL respectively. 

All bumps from Saturdays fall are healed, thanksimage

• Options

Jealous of your marathon list BRF! Sounds a loveley 5 miler, glad your bumps are healed and no more added on trail run!image

A lovely 7 miles here this morning, some in the dark then as daylight came in. Struggled to start with, but then got settled into a nice steady pace. I always struggle with any kind o pace runs first things, but imaging I was running towards that big Belgium Flag seemed to help!image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

BRF - im also jealous of your marathons! Id also love to have dannirr as my coach!

Kaz - you'll be pleased to hear that i channelled my inner you this morning. Up at 4,30. Ran the dog (4 miles tempo), shower and brekkie all before 5,45am.

Am just on the train to Paris for the day. If anyone needs anything - you know my numberimage

• Options

Hehe Emmy. Enjoy Paris, am now jealous of you too!image

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Top Tip Time

It occurred to me last night that registration for Paris opens in just under 3 weeks.

Registration takes place via the ASO Challenges site - and you need to be registered there before you can enter for the Paris Marathon.

So, if you haven't already registered on the ASO Website then it might be an idea to get that done now, to avoid the rush/panic.

If you HAVE already registered then you may want to try to remember your Userid and Password image

• Options

I couldna remember that before Paris this year Orbutt! Might register under different email??

Anyway still struggling to get that one bloody day off that I need, you'd think I was asking for something major!! image

• Options

Top tip Orbutt, just logged to make sure I hadn't lost password  image

Well done the early birds this morning.  The usual suspects  image   Just finished some cross training, aka doing the housework.  Only 8 more days before firrst child goes back to school, these 3 month school holidays are reaaaaaalllllyyyyyy long ...

RR, good luck with the heavy duty mileage.  I can sympathise.  Am running on tired legs, did 77k last week and so far up to 231k for August with quite a few more left to go  image