Options

2014 in 2014???

Comments

• Options

Ohh what's the difference between miles n km's with friends image

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Andi -- Congratulations on your first sub-60 10K...  With all the mileage you'll be putting in this year I expect you'll soon be doing sub-55...  If not sub-50 image

• Options

1865k to go, doesn't sound that much if you say it quickly.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

XX1 - I've also trashed my previous highest January miles by 19 miles! 

Another 5miles for me in cold and rain, but I got out and did it and went faster than last time (not particularly a target).

That's 56.6km done and 1957.4km to go. 

• Options

lol booktrunk and as long as you don't run 26.2 kilometres in September I'm fineimage

Txs XX1 though not sure about a sub 50 as I don't particularly like running fast (it hurts).

mikasa, for me running is more about these little goals we constantly beat rather than competing against others so keep up the good work!

Well check-in with Jan totals tomorrow - still not sure if I'll have a jog or not.

• Options

237.9 km

moving my 6.4k recovery run to tomorrow to smash through 150m

never imagined I'd get this many miles in so early. When i'm not tired my legs feel so much stronger with the extra miles in them.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Fab work booktrunk!

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

123 km for me, may run tonight, but it's been under -4C all week and it's not fun to run in!  We'll see how it looks when I get home...1891 km to go.  Think this means I'm way behind target, but hopefully can still catch up!

Jinty, yes, saying it quickly does seem to help.

Hello Craig image

Good going Booktrunk

• Options

Cheers,

emzap: If you are splitting it evenly it's 168km monthly (well 167.833333333333) so 168 image So not to far behind, also if you can keep that up in the first three months then hopefully the better weather should help to up the kilometerage and get ahead before November / December blues strike.

In Miles 105 per month image

• Options

I think I'll hop on board here. My original target for the year and main goal is 1000m, but given I've done 128.99m in January alone (Which is also my highest monthly mileage ever!), I think I'll sign up for the 2014km option!

So thats 207.59km so far. 1806.41 to go.

About 165km/102m per month average for the rest of the year to acheive it!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I'm still thinking (and being proved right) that even 2014 km is a tall task for me. My initial aim was 1000 mi = 1609 km but that's looking bit shady...but I shall carry on...

Rest day today, and well needed so January total stands at 35.2 mi

2014 km =  56.6 km - 1957 km to go (unlikely)

1609 km = 56.6 km - 1552.4 to go ...

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Totals as at Month 1/12, Day 31/365: Distance = 186.43 km / 115.84 mi -- Duration = 17:33:43 -- Average Cadence = 179.6 spm -- Average Stride = 0.99 m -- Average Speed = 10.62 kph / 6.6 mph -- Average Pace = 05:39 per km / 09:06 per mi -- Average Distance per Run = 9.81 km / 6.1 mi -- Average Duration per Run = 55:28.

Mikasa -- My previous Distance PB for a January was 86.1 km / 53.5 mi...  And my previous Distance PB for any month was 129.7 km / 80.59 mi! image

Oh, now only 1827.57 km / 1135.6 mi to go...

• Options

Welcome Matty image and congrats on a distance pb for the first month of 2014!

mikasa, if it's any consolation I ran 1019 miles in 2013 and only 8 of them were run in Januaryimage

XX1 - thorough stats and and great totals image

Totals for Jan = 233.71 miles averaging 11:07 min miles and 71.28%AHR. Same AHR as December but ran 109 more miles and 32 secs/mile faster this Month image

1780.29 miles to go.

• Options

244.5 km woohooo well happy with that, not in Andi's league image

ran at 6:50 per km on average.

152.815 miles image Around 10:56 per mile.

• Options

Evening!

Not quite the figures that I had planned to post: not had the greatest of weeks with sinusitis and then was tripped on Tuesday causing a foot niggle. Nevertheless 31 days out of 31 run, logging around 154k, so 1860 to go. Should have logged around 176k or more, so looking for a decent February. At least it is getting lighter, and at some point it will get drier. Or snowier. Or something!

1860, of course, is the name of a German football team, TSV 1860 Munchen: they must be one of the few teams that were forced to be disbanded in the 1840s due to republican activities, being reformed in 1860. But you all knew that, of course.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

9 miles for me today so up to 71.1km.

1942.9km / 1207.8mi  to go

• Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'd like to come and join in this fun.

2014km for me or 1251.5 miles (my original goal was 100 miles a month before spotting this thread - 2014km asks for 104.5 miles a month)

January: 106.75 miles done, so that's 171.8 km down, 1842.2km to go. 

Today I started February off with a parkrun, so with jog there and back, that's 5.4 miles to start me off for the short month. 

(Phew, all this converting between miles and km is going to keep me busy!)

• Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭

booktrunk, I recognise you from the magazine! Well done on your weight loss, very inspiring!

• Options

Hello!

Ooo a month over already!

So mine is 122 Km, 13 hours, but importantly now day 32 consecutive so on track!

Gradually replacing the 20 min runs with 30s so the distances should start coming up. When will we get some decent weather?

• Options

Weekly check in, 54 miles for the week (216 for the year)

1798 miles to go!

January stats - 190 miles, 25 hours, avg speed 7.6mph, avg heart rate 162

NiceIronDad - well done on the streak, I think maintaining it for the whole of 2014 would be a greater achievement than any distance total!

booktrunk - any plans to switch target from KM to M, given your start to the year?

Good to see a couple more additions to the thread, welcome Matty and annajo!

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Andi and Cbw -- How are you calculating your Average HR for the month?  I'm guessing you guys record that stat for each run...  But to get an Average for the month obviously isn't as straight forward as adding them all together and dividing by the Run Count...  Just wondering...

• Options

For me, Garmin connect allows you to produce a report for the month (or any period you like) and gives you the stats. No idea how to work it out manually!

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Thanks Cbw...  My only hope now is that Andi will pop-up and provide me with the calculation imageimage

• Options

I'm not sure garmin connect might just add the averages up and divide image I think it's close enough to not really worry image

262.8 km so far.

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    booktrunk wrote (see)

I'm not sure garmin connect might just add the averages up and divide image I think it's close enough to not really worry image

I beg to differ...  If I run for 5 mins with an Avg HR of 100 and I run for 30 mins with an Avg HR of 170 then adding and dividing by 2 gives an overall Avg HR of 135...  As a statistic I can't see that that makes any sense whatsoever... I'd have thought that to be more meaningful each Avg HR would need to be weighted by duration...  For example, using the previous two example runs, it would work something like ((5 * 100) + (30 * 170)) / 35 = 160...  Just a thought image

• Options

I agree with you but when you are up to 200 runs in the year it becomes a bit more even.

• Options
    XX1 wrote (see)

Thanks Cbw...  My only hope now is that Andi will pop-up and provide me with the calculation imageimage

Hehe XX1, I do a couple of calculations and they are surprisingly similar and as BT says they do tend to even out.

For example, in December I did 22 runs, Garmin had the average at 72%AHR, a simple average of all 22 AHR's in excel came out with 71.28% and using the calculation below I had 71.28% so, in the general scheme of things it's all very close.

To get a better 'weighted' AHR I convert each daily AHR to BPM (beats per minute) using *equal sign goes here* I349*((HOUR(D349))*60+MINUTE(D349)+ IF(SECOND(D349)30, INT(1+ SECOND(D349)/60), SECOND(D349)/60)).

I349 is the BPM and D349 is the duration of run.

I then add this up and divide by the minutes run in the month and since I'm now running more than 1 day just use total time in DD:MM:HH:SS and multiply by 1440.

Hope that makes some sense?

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

3.1 mile easy run for me today though legs felt tired and heavy.

Total 76.1km.

1937.9kme today so up to / 1202.8mi  to go.

Good work everyone! image

• Options

276.2km so far.

oh, and had to keep the competitive spirit going I did an Andi and ran a 10k PB. 58:21

• Options

keep it up Mikasa image

lol Booktrunk, this battle could be bigger than Samir V Scotch Eggimage

My 2nd HADD test today and improvements all round image

1,740 miles to go image