Options

2014 in 2014???

Comments

• Options

Ohhh 35km ahead of Andi, except he's using miles so I'm around 111m behind still! 

• Options

PB on miles in a week thanks to my new longest ever run of 20m. Takes my 2014 total to

367km - 1647km to go

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I had a serious case of CBA last week and only did one run. image Did some swimming and biking though.

• Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭

Half marathon PB yesterday, from 2.04 to 2.01, yippee! That gets me to 173 miles for the year so far.

278 km down, 1736 km to go.

• Options
  • Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Just a 2.05 mile dash on the treddie today. It's pretty much baby steps for me all the time...see how far I'll get.

110.37km / 67.7mi

1903.63km to go.

• Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭

kicking that CBA, good stuff, mikasa

• Options

10km pb, by over 2 minutes, upping the mileage makes a huge difference image

395.1km 1618.9km to go.

• Options

Afternoon!

The good news: day 50...and 50 days run.

The bad news: the last week have only done my minimum of 2k, or slightly more, each day. Chest infection/ antibiotics: peak flow was below 300 when I saw the emergency doc on Saturday. Wish it had been man-flu!

237.12k down, 1776.88k to go. 1776, of course, being the start of the USA. Now need 5.64k a day, and don't intend this to be a problem!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

12.1km shattered now, first ever back to back 100 mile months I think! I'm that lazy image

407.2km in total 1606.8km is all I have left to go.  7and a bit weeks gone. So say 44 weeks to go, that's 36.6 km over week, so just under 23 miles a week from now on in. 

• Options

alehouse, well done on 50 of 50 image I gave up after 34 days and tbh feel better for giving up! Fingers crossed your on the mend soon and remember, your health is more important than a running streakimage

BT, big challenges sound so much easier when they are broken down into smaller chunksimage Well done on the B2B 100 mile months image

If I can get another 61 miles in this month I'll have my first B2B 200+ mile months image

373 down so 1641 left to go (37.3m/week)

• Options

Andi: 2014m just will not feel the same if you come second at Loch Nessimage

• Options

lolimage and guess you mean second out of us 2 rather than second in the raceimage I'd best bring that bottle of single malt along!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

You are all doing fantastically well!

BT - I think you'll smash 2014km!

Still not quite feeling the love but 5 miles for me again.

117km / 72.7mi

1897km to go.

• Options

8.1km 

so 415.3 less than 1600km to go woohoo!!! 

• Options

394.3km for me now - 1619.7km to go!

• Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    286km done, 1728km to go.

Its about 168 km a month, isn't it? (or miles for the hardier runners) so 336 would be the target for the end of Feb. Hmm 50k in 8 days. Doable, even if I miss it by a few miles, Feb is a short month, so I'm pretty much on course (just). Great!
  • Options

well done annajo, pretty much spot on target image

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hello all

Been away for the last 3 weeks so running taken a back seat.

Think I'm now way behind in my 2014 km campaign, but hoping to restart efforts once the jetlag has eased a little.

Some really good efforts still going on here.

Will pop in again when I have some mileage to report.
  • Options

Lots of mileage for me at the weekend to boost my progress.

Now at 276m/444.18km - 1569.82km to go!

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

There are a lot of great efforts going on here, particularly the guys doing the distance in miles...

After a good week I'm now at 294.01 km -- 1,719.99 km to go!

I'm lagging a bit behind and won't do as much this week as I have a HM at the weekend...  But I'm confident I'll be able to make up any shortfall during the summer months.

• Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭

Great work folks.

For me: 321.5km down, 1692.5 km to go for the year. So just 14.5km or 9 miles to hit the 2 month marker of 336km. I guess I find monthly targets easier to aim for (aka a bit scarier and more immediate!) 

• Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭

ps alehouse, how are you feeling now? Sounds like you're going through some nasty things,  healthwise. Fingers crossed things are starting to pick up for you now.

• Options

Another 8km, a slow week as my leg was slightly iffy, still is but not bad image

total 430.6km

1583.4km to go image as everyone know that was the year that Sir Humphrey Gilbert, on the site of the modern-day city of St John's, Newfoundland, claims the island of Newfoundland on behalf of England, marking the beginning of the British Empire.

ohhhh, the good news is that I'm now under 100 miles per month for the next 10 months to get there image 

of course I should get a little help later in the year when my long runs should take some big chunks out of what will be left then. 

• Options

Thanks Annajo: things gradually improving now that I am on the second lot of anti-biotics. 6k each of the last two days, which I am happier with. And so I should be: this time last year I could barely run after an Achilles op. And then there was the prostate cancer treatment, so a little chest infection is just a minor irritation in comparison! Will tot the kilometre-age up on Friday as we finish month two!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Hello all and well done on keeping the good work going.

Just touching base, did another 1.8 miles after the 5 miles last Wednesday but had to cut it short as my little injury (pulled upper hamstring) turned into something like trapped nerve on my hip and it started going numb with every stride. So I'm on enforced rest for the week. However, I'm off skiing this weekend so no running next week either...

121.5km / 75.5mi 

1892.5km to go.

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Wow Booktrunk, you are really storming ahead.

195 km done for me (after this evening's run, to give the end of Feb running total).  1819 to go.  As nothing exciting seemed to have happened on this day in 1819 I will impart to you all the fact that 1819 began on a Friday.  Why you'd want to know this, I don't know, but now you do image

Hummm 182 km per month for me then, that sounds like a lot...

Hope your nerve pain gets better soon mikasa.

• Options

8.1km tonight, not sure if I will get another run in tomorrow. 438.7km

• Options

Emzap: 1819! Nothing happened!! Oh yes it did! The year of Peterloo! Particularly significant in the move from a rural to an urban economy! And unusually I'm ahead of you km-wise!