Options

London Marathon Runners and Supporters Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lady livergob lol!

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Yes, there are 5 groups, but we will be quite close together so if you see one then you must be next to the others

Hello Barlos, I hold you responsible for getting me into this whole Mudchute thing.  You're allocated to Group 1.  I'll let LB sort out your massage

Soupy!  Great to see you.  Fizz would be great

I'll have intermittent internet access for the next week, so apologies if I don't get on here.  I will catch up with everyone when I get back, so don't feel that you are being ignored or forgotten about

• Options
    If Barley specifies which lager I'll get one!
  • Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I completely forgot about the Mudchute support groups.  Can I join one please.  I'm really slow, probably finish around 5:15 - 5:30.  Thanks

• Options
    That's a fashionable speed! Nobody likes a whizzy arseimage

It's never too late!
  • Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Cheers LB - does someone allocate me a group, I wouldn't mind being in Sweetest Thing's if she's doing it this year. Got half a chance of recognising her amongst the madness.  

• Options
    ST does have a group, I believe and she can always find room for a little one image
  • Options

ST is group three! See you there

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Ooo, I seem to have internet access, and there is also a spare place in Group 3 for you Sunluvva!

• Options

helloooooooooooooooooo nice to meet you SuperCaz at the weekend Yes Jo here now i've not been on here for a while can u point me in the right direction of the groups please Sorry i'm not very good with these forum thingys lol

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

That's brilliant - thanks so much.  I'll find the group thread now.  Looking forward to meeting some more of you at last - why I've only been posting on here for about 10 years or more!  

• Options
    I'm not real. Neither is Supercaz. Mike Frog is real but we're planning on eating his legs on the Saturday night... image
  • Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Hahahaaaa  I'll have the cuisses de grenouilles with a side salad please image

• Options

I am not running this year but will be popping along to help support, after I drop my "clients" at the start...

Will be great to see you on 13th for some time

ISB

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭

I'm in group 2 but having to defer this year image

I'm waiting for an operation on my foot, which is going to put me out of action for a few months, so going to put all my energies into training for next year.

• Options
    legend777legend777 ✭✭✭

Sorry - just posted this in the Taper thread but probably makes more sense here. For anyone who has run London before - what distance(s) have you ended up doing as I'm assuming it's almost impossible to run the racing line and therefore total distance run will be over 26.2. For anyone going for a certain time, it's something that needs to be considered as even half a mile more can mean the difference between needing to do just over 9mm to under 9mm if aiming for a sub 4 hour finish.

Also, not sure if I dreamt this, but thought I read somewhere there is actually a blue racing line on the course?

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

26.25 miles for me last year. Though my garmin got a bit confused in the tunnel and thought I'd done a particularly slow mile, so it may have been a few hundred metres more. I did actually run most of the second half on the blue line.

• Options
    legend777legend777 ✭✭✭

Another question whilst I'm on here. I was looking at driving to the Excel arena for the Expo. Just wondering if this is a sensible option for travel / parking on the Saturday. The Excel website suggests it's a maximum of £15 to park but it'd be more expensive for me and a couple of people coming with me to get from my hotel and back by train. Looking for the easiest option but will consider alternative if anyones had a nightmare getting there by car in the past. Looking at getting there around 11am on the Saturday

• Options
    I ran 26.7 but I paid no attention to the line.
  • Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

I've done 4 London's before but they hadn't invented garmins etc. for the first 3 and they were still the price of a small country for the last one so I just turned up at the start and ran.  No idea how far I actually went image

• Options
    Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

Hi. Do you have room for one more (runner rather than supporter) in any of the groups? I managed to miss you all completely last year, but promise to try harder this time! image

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hi Caz!  Can you pop along to Group 4 please?  Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  I've been away but have returned to duty now.

Does everyone feel sorted? Do all the supporters know what they are doing?  Has each group got a big sign with their number on organised?  Have all runners let their representative group leaders know their details?

I'm going to pack up my supplies tomorrow so will shout if I need people to bring more stuff.  I seem to remember that there was a lot left over from last year

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

I don't really know what I'm supposed to do SuperCaz.  I need to drop some stuff to eat en route.  Do I just leave it at the expo on Saturday with my name and a note of which group I'm in or do I need to let the group organisers know and they'll get what I want etc.  Thanks

• Options

sunluvva, you can drop the items of at the runnersworld stand at the expo. if you label it with your name, and group they will look after it untul our lovely group leader collects it. then you can be reunited on route at mile 17.

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Thanks Tiptoes.  I can manage that image

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

It helps if your group leader knows that you are leaving something, then it helps us sort things out if labels come off or writing gets smudged.  We typically turn up at Mudchute with a few rucksacks of things and have to make sure they go to the correct group leader on the day.

Also if there is anything specific that you need your group leader to do, then it is helpful to have advance notice.  For example, in the past people have asked us to add water to powdered energy drinks or to de-fizz coke for them.  One person even asked us to bring them a cup of tea so obviously the group leader had to arrange to bring a flask with her.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Does everyone know what they are doing?  Have all the group leaders managed to get their sign made and to collate all the info on their runners?

If there are any problems then please let me know sooner rather than later

• Options
    Please can you remind me what side of the road you will be and what mile? Thankyou!
  • Options

I've been in contact with Plum about the gas - but do we have balloons?