Options

Sub 50min 10k/Sub 1h 50 half marathon

Comments

• Options

Better make the most of being the leader in the 5k before Matty's times are included!image

My half time is 1:54:12 to be exact! And my marathon PB (not that I would really call it a 'best') is 4:42:18!image

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

damnit! someones nicked my 10k lead time from me! ah well i know what to aim for at leeds 10k next month then, i'll also add in the 10m category, purely because i'm running one of them in a few weeks too image

full table will be uploaded this evening

• Options

The big empty space below my 5k time has given me a kick up the backside.

Signing up for the Bridgwater HM  (Sept 7th) and on the look out for a 10k for early August in the South West - anyone know of any?

Also going to give the Quantocks half marathon trail run a go in Oct.

• Options

If you're adding a 10 mile column put me down for a 1:27:40 please. I'll clutch at any straws going as I dont have much else in the pipeline until Nicole and I have our Valencia showdown in November and the way she's training I don't hold out much hope there - only joking Nicole!

• Options

Rich - There is the Frome 10k on July 20th, or the New Ten Madness (Which isn't actually a measured full 10k, so may not be suitable) on 9th August. Battle of Sedgemoor 10k in Langport is the 24th August but a definite PB course. 

Hope that helps!

• Options
    acp wrote (see)

Better make the most of being the leader in the 5k before Matty's times are included!image

I'm not going to add mine, I'm just lurking round these parts and chipping in with advice where I can!

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

right, table v2, i've also added silver and bronze times (mainly to massage my own ego)

/members/images/771922/Gallery/timeytimes_0.png

• Options

you massage away TheDan, suits me! Can see where my strength lies - definitely built for endurance, not speed!

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

Just signed up for my primary half this year- bristol, its flat as a pancake so I plan to smash it this year, that seven second lead bob has doesn't stand a chance!

• Options

Hmmm Bristol's only just over an hour from here!

• Options
    I will be seeing you at Bristol as it's my primary half too. Great course, well supported. Hopefully they improve the organisation a bit from the shambolic 10k in May (2013s 10k was excellent, though)
  • Options
    Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    I have a half in two weeks then it's marathon training for November 7th. A half mid October in the south east would be useful.
  • Options
    Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Perkins Great Eastern?
  • Options

Didn't take long for the competitive juices to start flowing!! Nothing like a good table to spark some friendly rivalry! Bristol's just up the road from me too, might add it to the hit list myself.

Encouraging speed work tonight. 14 x 400 - was going to aim for 7min mile pace, but after doing the first couple at 6:45 pace I thought I'd try and stick to that... the last couple were pretty brutal, but managed all of them between 6:30 pace and 6:50 pace.

Matty - Think I might have a go at Frome 10k (have you run this before yourself?), Langport looks near perfect but unfortunately busy that day.

• Options

6:45!!

I'd be lucky if I could sprint that ...

• Options

Blimey Rich, thats a fantastic effort! 

Not run Frome before, a friend helped police it though. It's quite undulating apparently! Part of a 5k/10k/Half Marathon day so think it should be a decent vibe!

• Options
    Thanks for the table Dan - so interesting to see the spread of best times! Not surprised to see I score best in the marathon, like you Bob I think endurance rather than speed is my forte - not that I don't intend to do what I can to work on the latter image Still disappointed by my HM PB as shown here, out of all of them that should be the easiest to improve. Have 2 more chances at least this year, GNR in Sept and Royal Parks in Oct.

Need to start marathon training very soon, was going to do next week but still feeling rough from Hackney Half so will prob give myself another week to ease into it. The programme I'm looking at is quite tough, goes up to 55miles/week with 5x runs/wk and 3 x 20 milers. Also very focused on intervals and precise pacing. This will def be a step up for me as my VLM was max 40miles/wk on 4 x runs & 2 x 20 milers. Hope I'm not taking on too much! If I struggle I guess may drop one of the 2 recovery runs. Have to watch my knees!

Bob, I'm a bit scared with all this talk of a showdown!! We could always pace each other as we seem to be so similar (I mean 10 seconds in it!!?) image

Incredible effort Rich. I feel in pain just thinking about that sessionimage
  • Options

Nicole - are you following the P&D schedule for your marathon? I'm planning on using a combined version of the upto 55 and upto 70 miles for Paris next year. I did about 10 weeks of the upto 55 miles plan last year in training for Chester before I discovered that I was anaemic and it took about 6 weeks of taking iron tablets before my training was back on track. I decided not to run the marathon in the end. It was a very full-on schedule but I know lots of people who've got great results from it. Good luck! I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

Matty - I'll enjoy it for a bit longer then! Would love to get under 22:30 next time around. What is your PB? Was it 21:?? Do you think you'll ever go under 20 minutes?

I'm hoping to do a 10k in the next couple of months but it's proving tricky to find one that fits in with the rest of the family's plans!

• Options
    Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    Yes. Rich. Pretty good pacing there. I try for 6:40-6:50 for my 1000m reps. Need to add in some 400m and 800m sessions.

Really need to join a club. Was going to go to my local last night but life got in the way again.
  • Options

Hi Nicole, hope you recover soon from Hackney. My showdown commment was very tongue in cheek! I also envisaged us working together to break 4 hours (very realistic goal) and get as close to 3:50 (very optimistic) as possible. I am going to use exactly the same plan as I did for Madrid but with 9 min miling as the target pace instead of 9:10. Will be around 50 miles a week max. Wiil do 5x20 miles (as I did for Madrid). I think 3 hours or less for 20 miles is key.

• Options

acp - 21:59 for the 5k. Definitely planning to get that down under 20 (And beyond, hopefully) but thats more a long term goal. My target at the start of the year was Sub 24 by December 31st so I'm happy with my achievements there. 

Buy doing the HM and Marathon training It should come down quite naturally, along with my 10k times. I'll be parkrunning once a month or so to monitor my progress but don't envisage any big PB attempts, just incremental increases. I hope over the course of the rest of the year I can get that below 21.

Same deal with the 10k. I'm hoping to drop that to below 45 as part of HM training (Currently 46:14). My big target and training focus is getting from 1:48:35 to 1:39:59 at either Bristol HM or Gosport HM - certainly by the end of the year. 

According to McMillan I need a sub 45 10k to be in with a shout at Sub 1:40 HM. So the strategy is to do a few 10ks as warm up races for the Bristol half, try and get the Sub 45 10k with one of them. If I don't get it, I'll revise my Bristol target.

Additionally, I finally want to acheive my goal weight. I've lost about 7 stone, and have 18lbs to go to reach the weight I want to be at. Apparently 1lb weight equates to 2s a mile so if I can do that by Bristol I hope all will be well!

• Options
    bobdidmadrid wrote (see)

I think 3 hours or less for 20 miles is key.

Are you planning on doing your 20 mile training runs in 3hours? Thats 9m/m which is your target MP.

In training thats too fast IMHO. If your target MP is 9m/m your training LSRs should be around 10:30m/m

• Options

If it's not too late to join this table can I get in on this?

5k 21:49

10k 50:10

HM 1:57.01

M n/a 

Have an albeit hilly HM coming up in July, hoping to best my current time which is from 2012!

• Options

No Matty, my 20 mile training runs will be 9:57,  9:42,  9:27,  9:27. and 9:12.   My 3hr 20 mile target is for the marathon which will then give an hour for 10k or, hopefully, better. This is pretty much what I did in Madrid but didnt hit 20 miles until 3:05 and then 5 of the last 6 miles were steadily uphill. Valencia is flat, flat and more flat!

• Options
    Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    I'm wary of running 20miles for marathon training for our speed.

I did it a few times this year for London and think it just tired me out. I'm going to try and stick to 3hours max for my long run. About 17-19 miles max.

But that's probably for another thread...
  • Options

I'm off training for the next month, mainly for pyscological reasons! I want a month to party and do summer holidays before I crack back into it otherwise I think I'll go bonkers! So for the next month will just run once a week (ideally 9miles as that's my home to work distance) and otherwise will swim and do spin classes and work on strength training.

Next half marathon lined up for 26th October, Richmond. By the way I have a space going for Wimbledon half on 12th October in case anyone needs.

• Options

Wimbledon half is too far away me, otherwise i snap your hand off...  I need to have a look around and see whats going on "up north"

At minute my next race is the GNR.

I was comparing my time to last year and seems I am 5 minutes quicker!  amazing what a spot of training can do....

I also thinking about trying a different club to see if it makes a difference as I cant seem to push myself enough in training....  I've been rather lazy with World Cup on and BBQ and beer...

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

*grumble grumble*

ok tlp i'll add you in, anyone else who wants to be added needs to put their times in by 6 tonight, i'm getting tired of having to redo the excel sheet! image

• Options

my 10M is 1:29:30 image