Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    To make everyone who's got trials and tribulations smile...........hopefully.........one of our local lads........or lasses..............

• Options
    Ha, that's extremely cheery Poddles, thank you! 

Still no exchange here, unsurprisingly. Good job I didn't hold my breath... 

Bottom of chain has paid deposit, which solicitor now has, along with proof that mortgage company will release funds. HOWEVER, what they do NOT have is ID from the person who gifted them their deposit - and this person is now on a cruise until the 15th... Our buyers go on holiday on the 16th, and while we could theoretically exchange while they're away, I think if I was them and planning to move 2 days after I got back, I'd want a bit of definite notice... 

So we might exchange before the 15th (if some miracle occurs and gifting person manages to somehow get their ID to the solicitor while still on the cruise - technically possible I suppose, but given the incompetence shown by most parties so far I suspect unlikely). If we have to wait til after the 15th, we might have to wait til our buyers get back from holidays on the 24th - and I am NOT exchanging and moving in the same week for the simple reason that nobody yet has proved that they can do what they say! 

>:) Gosh, Daffs is on the warpath tonight...  >:)
  • Options
    Oh man Daffs - what a total nightmare :(  hope you still love the house after all this and it's not sullied by its association with all the issues....
  • Options

thankyou Podds very cheery indeed. was he a visitor to your garden?

Daffs on your behalf AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

why does it have to be so horribly complicated? hopefully though it will make the house extra special once you do move in. I hope so because we are already planning the next WAISter conference :)

• Options
    How sad....... I loaded my feathered friend via my work laptop at home and here at work he / she doesn't show  :'(

Thanet has the biggest / 2nd biggest colony of these parakeets in the UK and I love them!  Purists don't as they call them vermin as they are non native but they seem to fit in around here all right :)  They are noisy beggars but lovely to see flying around and always make me smile.  We seem them around a lot on the roofs and the few trees we have locally, it's just unusual to see one on the feeder :)

Yay JFF for a WAISTer conference round Daffer's place :):) 

• Options
    OMG Daffs I can't believe all the hassle you are having!

half term start now!! Hurrah!!

great picture podds :)
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Home is the sailor, home from the sea :) We had a good time and, whilst the weather was not fantastic, it was nice to escape the cold for a while.

Daffs, it sounds as if your house move has become a total night mare! I share the hope that all the messing around will not spoil your enjoyment of it when you finally get there! On the day we were supposed to exchange contracts, we discovered that our vendors hadn't even signed theirs and were not answering their phones either! We also had time pressures as our buyers mortgage offer expired the day after we eventually completed.

Jenni, I am glad that you are feeling somewhat better. Colds really can make you feel utterly miserable :(

Podds, I hope the 10k went OK for you. Thanks for the photo of the parakeet :)

Yums, the idea of dancing unicorns made me laugh too!

xx
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Hello there

Welcome back intrepid traveller. Hope the earth has stopped bobbing about and you don't expect a grand buffet for every meal Sluggie.

Thanet appears to have green pigeons. Is it something in the water?

It's like dancing unicorns in Essex - Is there something dodgy occurring in the bottom right hand corner which we should probably all be a bit wary of? 

Daff's - sounds like you're in the middle of some very stressful logistical shenanigans. Hopefully with deposits paid you should be moving before 2020!

I need to find a new job. Anyone any suggestions???? Politics, poor practice and greedy profiteering are doing my head in. Have booked a summer holiday so feeling slightly less grumpy about it all!

I have been for a run and a country walk this weekend - it's almost as if I enjoy it???? Very odd.

Happy half term to those of you who are. Happy regular working week to the rest of us!

• Options
    DL - I need a new job too.... well done on the run and walk

• Options
    Glad you managed to have a good time Sluggy and it's good to have you back ?

Green pigeons indeed DL, I is well 'ffended innit !!

Any updates Daffs?

• Options
    Nope, still waiting for Granny to come back from her cruise... I've told them if we don't exchange by the end of the 15th (unlikely even if Granny marches straight down to the solicitors office as soon as she gets off the boat) then we'll have to rearrange completion, which will take us into March. 

Doesn't bother me - that's another months wages that don't have a mortgage payment out of them... and fewer weeks I'll have to commute to work once we move (as the being-on-site bit of my job will end shortly after easter). But I would like a bit of certainty about where I was going to be living in the next few weeks!

Been out for 3 miles tonight (must be catching DL :D ) although stupid watch converted it to kms and back to miles and only gave me 2.88... Grrr. 
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Morning

Oh daffy, I hoped the future of the WAISTer retreat would be sorted by now. It sounds as though it might actually happen. As for the rotting meat saga...... bleurgh. Yay to enjoying the trail race and not being last

Welcome home sluggy. Bah to dubious weather.  How did Alfie and sky react to you going away?

Wowzer posts, that's a very cheery bird to have on your feeder. I know you always say planit ffanit has it's own micro climate but sub tropical is so cool

LOL DL at bobbing sluggy expecting a buffet. Well done on the run

MC hope you're enjoying half term.

JFF what races do you have lined up?

Dancing unicorns are quite rare even in Essex although most likely to be seen on a Saturday night when wearing your beer goggles.  All pretty quiet here. Just the usual running, work, kids, ma and nice young lady. I think I need to make up something exciting
  • Options
    Yumms/DL, I do get 'mal de debarquement'  sometimes but have been OK this time round. No bobbing around for me!

Daffs, are you aiming for some kind of record with your house buying? This really is dragging on :( I really hope you will soon be able to move in and enjoy your new home.

Yums, I am glad that things are going smoothly for you. Don't forget that 'interesting' often means trouble!
  • Options
    Great news from Daffs!  :D
    Even better news - one more day until half-term! Off to North Wales to walk a bit more of the coast and hoping for reasonable weather (ie dry!). Mr P has booked 2 B&Bs, one of which has a 'small' double bed. I don't know where he's going to sleep!
  • Options
    LOL Pippi!

Yumms, Alfie and Sky had a live-in minder, they seemed no more than slightly pleased to see us when we got back!
  • Options

fabulous news about the WAISter retreat :)

enjoy your holiday Pippi

Yums I have a 10 mile race this weekend - local but may be a bit hilly, still coughing a bit so may have to take it easy, Stafford 1/2 in March, then another 10-miler in April (Lichfield cathedral to Tamworth castle), Liverpool marathon in May! that's as far as I've got so far :) trying to do a few different things this year

• Options
    hi all

pippi - have a lovely half term

JFF and Yums, good luck for the race. 

my half term is nearly over :(  haven't really done anything because my kids were still at school, but have seen mum a few times and had lunch with a friend today which was nice - we worked together at my last school and have managed to keep in touch and regularly have lunch together
  • Options
    Surely a half term without the kids is the best type of half term MC??!!  :D
  • Options
    podds - if they had been away on camp then maybe, but I have had to get up early every morning to get them to school, pick them after school, ferry them about to all their normal activities etc.....

and now they get a week of being at home during the day without adults! The kitchen will stay well stocked for about a day and the mess in the kitchen will be legendary :)
  • Options
     :D Fair point MC  - good luck!!!
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Hope Mr Pippi survived the weekend!

Yay to Daffer's bohemian retreat and WAISTer B&B - just make sure you get big beds!!!

Hoorah for those on half term this week, sympathy to the rest of the world!

I went for a run on Sunday. I got lost. The perils of following an untried footpath then relying on your sense of direction. This resulted in me covering just under 8 miles, very slowly. It also appears that there is more mud out there than is entirely necessary.

Hope your hilly 10 miler was 'enjoyable' Farty. Hope you didn't lose your lungs to the climbs.

Saw XFC on Friday - she told us she was going to move back in on Saturday.

She didn't.

Never a dull moment.

Happy new week full of possible excitement and adventure - hope something good comes your way

• Options

hello all

glad you got to spend some time with your mum and friend at least MC

8 miles DL! that's fab you should get lost more often - so has XFC moved back in?

did my 10 miler on Sunday, it was very hilly - in fact it was on the lanes I run on myself regularly (I didn't check the route) managed just under 1:32 so can't complain

• Options
    Yes, get lost DL :p I suspect XFC is, even subconsciously, 'testing' you to see whether you will say that you don't want her because of her behaviour.

Jenni, that is a pretty fast time for a hilly 10!
  • Options
    Morning :smiley:

93 hours til we get kicked out of our house... not that I'm counting or anything... ;) Can barely move for boxes. I'm rushed off feet at work this week sadly so can't even help with the packing, not exactly great timing!

Next trail race is next weekend... I'd like to say I've done plenty of training but, er.... :dizzy:
  • Options
    Crikey Daffs, things have moved quickly! The best thing we did was pay to have the removal firm pack for us (but you probably don't want to hear that now!).
  • Options
    We've been packing for the last 3 years sluggy, we're not rich enough to pay someone to pack for that long :smiley:
  • Options
  • Options
     :D I usually pack in 24 hours and unpack over months!!!
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    afters

Is the 93 hours up yet Daffers? I've lost count.

Impressive hilly running there Farty - though I'd expect nothing less.

Had one of those virtual reality moments earlier. Signed up to a hotel chain a while back to make bookings quicker and cheaper. Noticed a while ago that they have me as Mr DL rather than Ms DL.  Couldn't amend it on my bookings so finally got round to emailing them . Apparently I need to send proof of my sex change. Amazing that I didn't need any proof to register in the first place??!! Think I'll remain dual gendered - it's easier!

XFC came home to borrow money - then left again. Teenagers - gotta love their sense of entitlement!

Happy nearly the weekend - hope it brings wine and stuff