• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH nice beach run

Sub17 good session today

Ollie nice wet 8m and another good interval session today

--

Just a 3m recovery jog for me tonightimage

• Options

Hi, hope everyone is well. Not really had a chance to post this week as I've actually been sleeping!

15 Monday, 5 miles with club mile TT Tuesday. Happy enough with a pair of 5:30s but way off last months 5:13. 8.5 slow yesterday, and a rest tonight.

10k race tomorrow night, I'm making no predicition for how it'll go!image

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stuart nice week's training

Upcoming Races

17/6/16  Brian Goodwin Memorial 10k  Stuart M

Good luck !image

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Morning. image

Good luck today in the 10k race, SM6.

Teknik: Nice recovery jog.
    SM6: Good week of running, with a rest day yesterday.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just 2 miles from me today.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Ollie nice 2 miler

----

7m through London this morning - bit hot and sweaty hereimage

• Options

Nice 7 Tek

Anything bold planned for the weekend Ollie?

39:09 tonight, legs very heavy so it'll do. Folded a bit in the middle and almost dropped at half way. 7th and 8th ladies kept me going image

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Morning. image

Teknik: Nice 7 mile run, sounds like better weather down south than up north.
    SM6: Well done on the sub-40 10k, great stuff. image  Nothing major planned this weekend, just usual parkrun and Sunday long run, though not too long this week.

- - - - - - - - - - 

As indicated above, just a parkrun later this morning, not going to add anything fancy to the end of it this week, but will do a warm up run beforehand, and a cool down jog after.  Back at my usual course, so expecting ~18:40.

Have a good weekend. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options

Ollie- good luck with your Park Run and Sunday long run.

Tek: Nice 7 miler.

SM6: Good job with sub-40 10k

I ran 17:49 in my Park Run today. 

My mile splits are as follows: 5:30, 5:50, 6:00 and the final part mile in 29 secs. 

Sore knees mid run and I still claimed third place finish and a sub 18 min Park Run. 

2 days off to recover before a couple of easy gym sessions mid week ahead of next week's Park Run.

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Stuart,

Hope the race went okay.

-------

Well done guys.

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Well done Sub17.

My parkrun today was very disappointing. I did just gym on Thursday and just yoga yesterday so I thought I'd be fresh, but I put up 27:10, despite feeling as though I was really pushing. I can't blame the weather this week - it was a bit cooler.

After a disappointing 10K last week, I'm not sure what's happened but I seem to be going backwards all of a sudden. Does anyone have any advice on the matter?

• Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

SM, well done with the 10k another sub 40, 

Tek, a good 7 in the big smoke, 

Ollie, I hope parkrun went to plan, enjoy the long run tomorrow

Sub17, well done good going after your marathon

Cal, to be honest sometimes you just can't put in the performance you would expect, just keep doing the sessions, eat well and get plenty of sleep, the improvements will come, 

---------------

First run in almost a fortnight, it went ok no pain in the back of the knee but the Achilles is still a little niggly in the first half mile, but it is a lot better than it was, a few easy training days should see me right, along with the stretching

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Hope it keeps improving, Stewart.

8.5 miles easy (10:45 pace). Pleasant sunny day. Quite warm. I could feel my grumpy knee quite a bit but I'm choosing to ignore it. I saw my masseur/osteo yesterday and he says there's nothing fundamental wrong with - the grumpiness is likely down to tightness in the calves and hams.

And on that note, I've booked yoga for later.

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Morning. image

Sub17: Thanks, enjoy the rest days.
    HM4: Cheers.
    Cal: Nice going on the parkrun yesterday and the 8.5 miles today.
    SC: Good to hear you up and running again, hope the remaining niggles recover soon.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yesterday's parkrun went alright (18:51) but think I could have done better.  Dropped down to second place on the last stretch too, d'oh well. image

Today will be 15 miles, not too long but I think it'll be a nice segue into the P&D schedule, which I'll be starting tomorrow. image

This week's mileage will be 40.7 miles after today's run.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stuart great time - 12 secs off a PB on tired legs is a good run.  Some fast ladies out there!

Ollie nice parkrun, well done on the week's total and hope the 15 miler went ok

Sub17 nice time so soon after the marathon!

HM thanks

Cal bad luck on the parkrun - my times are really variable too, as I don't do many.  I think I need to really feel "up for it" to go through the pain!  Nice 8.5 miler and enjoy the yoga

Stewart good to hear you're up and running again

----

4m easy yesterday and a cheeky 3m today left me with a lazy 33m for the week, and finally broke 1,000m for the year.  Marathon plan starts tomorrow, 19 weeks to go !  image

• Options

Tek - Well done on breaking the 1000image Good luck with the mara planimage

Ollie - Hope todays 15 went wellimage Good parkrun yesterday tooimage

Cal - Good 8.5 miles this morningimage

Stewart - Good to see you running again, hopefully a bit of stretching does the trickimage

S17 - Good effort the week after a marathonimage

----------

No running since Friday, legs a bit sore but mostly hangover elated reasonsimage Made it to the gym yesterday though.

Got a weekend camping planned in a few weeks, so since that'll wipe out half my mileage that week, I'll be moving the start of my P&D plan from next Monday, to tomorrow. Although I'm sure Monday is a rest day!image Hoping to build up to around 70 miles this time.

Just 21 miles for me this week!image

• Options

Instead of running 1 or 2 more Marathons this year. I have decided to run 3 Half Marathons between August to October to see if I can crack sub 80 mins in a HM.

Next year in my next Marathon I will see if I can bounce back and break 3 hours with more training miles in my legs. The humiliation of having to walk most of the second half of my marathon will drive me on to do well in my shorter races over the next 12 months.

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I'm doing the same, Sub17 - albeit in a much slower time. I'm trying to crack 2 hours for the half (and hopefully 4:30 for the full, though I'll settle for a PB with less/no walking).

Did some gym this morning but I've really lost my gym mojo. I used to love the gym, or at least the challenge of trying to lift as much as I could or push myself as hard as I could. Now I'm focussed on running, it just seems like boring maintenance. I guess you can't push yourself hard at two things (or at least, two physical things).

Was going to do some yoga too but an unexpected cooker issue means I had to wait in for the cooker repair man. Now he's had to order a part so no hot food until Wednesday. image

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stuart good luck with the P&D plan.  It always makes me chuckle that day 1 week 1 is "rest"image

Sub17 I think that's a sensible plan - marathons are about cumulative training miles, there's no shortcut.  Good luck with the sub80 halfimage

Cal oh no! Salad it is, then, tonight...image

---

5.2m steady in the pouring rain this morning - I should have waited as it's sunny and dry nowimage

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Afternoon. image

Sub17: Hope your half marathon campaigns go well enough to aid in your next marathon.
    Cal: Hope the cooker gets sorted, nice going on the gym despite lost mojo.
    Teknik: Nice 5.2 miles, I waited until late on to do my run when the weather cheered up, first day of summer, eh?

- - - - - - - - - -

Just 5 miles easy today, s'all good stuff.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options

13.28 + sea swim + 3.2 today
    Nice enough day here

No camping stove or microwave Cal?

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys.

• Options

And a final dusk moonrise swim yesterday to mark the solstice image

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

OH, I live in a very small studio flat and my kitchen is about the size of a walk-in wardrobe. The space where I could possibly fit a microwave is taken up by a fancy bean-to-cup coffee machine (priorities! image) Anyway, now that it seems to have turned hot and sticky out, I don't mind the salad. I just miss the toast (I eat gluten free bread, which is decent toasted, but like eating a kitchen sponge otherwise).

Anyway, woke up feeling a bit sluggish but as the sky was blue I went out. It was already warm (16 degrees!) at 7am. My legs were leaden on the first mile but I seemed to gain some energy after that so I turned it into a progression run.

Splits were 10:51, 10:43, 10:15, 9:58, 9:25 (and then half a mile cool down).

Sunday looks warm so I don't think I'm in for a spectacular performance at Harry Hawkes but as it's my first 10 miler, at least I don't have a PB to beat. I'll be wanting to get under 1:35, though.

• Options

Brisk 9 miles done after work. Averaged just over 8s, I'll sleep this afternoon that's for sureimage

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Ollie nice easy 5

OH a quadruple training day ! Well done

HM thanks

Cal well done for pushing on with the 5m

Stuart nice steady 9m

---

4.2m this evening with the club including 8 x (90" fast / 60" easy) - should have been 12 but the guys were running their recoveries too fast for me, so I just jogged back.image

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Evening. image

OH: Nice run, swim, run, swim combo yesterday.
    HM4: Thanks.
    Cal: Good going on the morning progression run.
    SM6: Well done on the post-work run, good stuff.
    Teknik: Nice club run. sounds like a good session.

- - - - - - - - - -

9 miles from me with 4 miles at 6:30 pace, the rest sort of varied around 8.00 min/miles.
    Fairly late run but luckily there were no geese on the canal path to impede progress, nor any Carlsberg-kicking sheep that roam about.

Have a good day. image
  • Options

Ollie - Good 9 yesterday, although that 4 is a bit slow for HMP? Assuming you done the run I was suppose to do yesterdayimage

Tek - Well done on a tough sounding club sessionimage

---------

Doing my best to completely screw up the P&D plan alreadyimage Should have been 11 today, I done 5. I'll do 11 tomorrow, hopefully. Then the tempo run on Saturday.

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

SM6: Aha, think it will be the same run then.  My latest half marathon (Feb 2016) was 1:24.50, which I think averages out at ~6:28.  Do you think I should be doing the miles faster?
    Good job on the 5 miles done today, and enjoy the 11 tomorrow.  You call it 'screwing up' but I'd call it rejigging. image  Enjoy.

- - - - - - - - - -

12 miles today, should be a nice MLR, then off to see ELO in Manchester tonight.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options

Ollie - I'm planning to do the tempo runs at 6:25 or so, and you're quite a bit quicker than I am. Enjoy the 12 and ELO tonight

• Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Nothing like a LT Session to kick off the plan image

Tek, a tough interval session well done

Ollie, well done getting through day one of P&D

SM, as long as you get the key sessions done, I know it can't be easy to fit the running around your work shift patterns 

Cal, a good 5 mile run, good luck at the weekend

OH, well done with the training and solstice swim 

-------------------

Getting back into it slowly a 5 mile run on Monday and 4 yesterday, everything still a little tight in the lower legs so I am not going to push the pace or run hills this week,