Options

The Thousand mile club - 2020

Comments

• Options
    Yes TT - we like race reports - I like reading them as I don't go out much.

Did 12.10 miles yesterday (Dubai Runner - you must be a psychic - doing that extra 0.4 miles to stay ahead - lol) at a little faster speed than I expected and have not died (yet) so will see if I can keep it up over the weekend.

YTD = 65.47 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai...Sounds like a sensible pace as you build towards your ultras. 
    Some more 'must-run' weather today! January sunshine, by the sea. Everyone behaved themselves except for Left ITB which wanted to make a fuss, but I ignored it and it settled down! Another 12' with some significant hills (Chines), so very happy to finish with an o'all pace of 9:40/mile (6min/km) . Must put in some easier miles next.
    YTD: 45'.
  • Options
    JD1JD1 ✭✭✭
    Hope you're back out running soon Gipfel .Yes,I'm hoping the wind in Rhyl is favourable.

TT,good luck with your HM on Sunday.I've heard lots of good reports about that race .
    9.01 - 6
    YTD - 39.55

• Options
    A physically comfortable paced parkrun sandwich of 10.48 miles makes my YTD = 75.95 miles
  • Options
    Heavy rain and thunderstorms last night, still raining this morning so had to find a jacket for my first run in the rain in 11 months. Only 6.16 miles as had to head to work.

YTD 71.67 miles

• Options
    And Harmander back in the lead..
  • Options
    Have a good one tomorrow TT.
    Car got all sorted (eventually) bloke that owns the company that dropped the tree on it was pretty reasonable. 
    Wet and windy 13 miles today...quite an adventure.
    48 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Dodging thunderstorms today, hope back to normal tomorrow as I've a long run planned. 4.41 this morning

YTD 76.08 miles

• Options
    Bit damp here this morning, but not to cold, around 10 degrees.

Just a nice muddy 5.2 this morning.

YTD 28.3
  • Options
    I forgot to post yesterday. Clair parkrun in Hayward's Heath (plus the obligatory one mile warm-up) which is a lapped course (4.5 - the most laps I've done apart from Highbury which is 5.5) but also turned out to be a bit of a beast - 92m of climb according to my Garmin. I was a bit disappointed with my time of 28:09 until I saw that, then I felt a bit better about it. I did actually enjoy it, in a masochistic sort of way.

Then today, another 20 miler, bringing this week's total to 54.

YTD: 80
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I'm fortunate to be able to run most days although often it's on the treadmill at the gym or short outdoor runs. Due to work patterns and family stuff, after work on a Friday is my best chance of a longer run. My new year resolution, welcome to 'long run friday' (probably only available outside the cricket season!!). 8.2 in perfect conditions this week. Target time 8.30 to 8.45 minute miles each week whatever the distance (within reason). Achieved this week. 

Hope TT has enjoyed York HM today, it might make my list for next year. 

Ytd: 21.4 + 8.2 + 3.1 = 32.7
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal that sounds like a hill run, I am glad you enjoyed it though, I keep saying I need more hill work, but like Donnie2 I do a lot of treadmill running.

So to today! Well the wind forecast was fortunately downgraded and it turned into a gentle breeze. However the rain was a little bit more challenging for the first 30 mins, then in true Yorkshire style the sun started to come out! A runner from Lytham St Anne's did remark he was not expecting so much rain on this side of the country.

Very well organised, lots and lots of marshals, first aid stations, three very well populated water stations and the very warm York race course to warm up in and rest at the end. Bag drop well planned and very efficient! What more can a runner ask for? Only negative did sell out in about 45 mins. 

Managed a post surgery PB (had major reconstructive hip surgery in September 2017) of 1 47 39 which qualifies me to apply for a GFA place for the 2021 NY marathon, better start saving!!

YTD 61.06
  • Options
    TT, Well done on the PB, the weather was very similar here this morning, it is now bright and breezy.

Cal, The Clair park Parkrun would be my local, as I am just a couple of miles away, I use to walk across it every morning to catch the train, however I agree the course is narrow and hilly and personally I think either East Grinstead or Tilgate Park, Crawley, which has a nice lake to run around would be better (just my opinion though) Great weekly mileage, and a few of you nearly at the 100 mark already!

Well done on the "long run Friday" Donnie.
  • Options
    TT, brilliant. NY is ridiculously expensive but from what I hear, a great experience (although one of the harder majors, the other being Boston). Are you aiming for the 6 star?

David, I like to try different ones. Did East Grinstead in the summer. Apparently it's a mudfest in winter, which I wanted to avoid! Haven't done Tilgate yet - I'll get to it, but waiting for the January rush to die down, which it hasn't shown any signs of doing yet.
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    TT: thanks for the report. I knew this run was hugely popular and sold out in no time at all, however didn't realise you'd have been hovering over the keyboard at 6am last October to secure a place.

5k on the treadmill to add making 35.8
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... glad that your car situation has been sorted.
    Cal... another challenging parkrun, and another 20! You must soon be ready for a cut-back week? The 'January rush' is still much in evidence here too (Poole still over 1000, and Bournemouth still over 600!)
    Donnie... All the best for your Fridays resolution.
    TT... Well done on your performance at York. Had you been looking to qualify for NY?

Hadn't planned to run 16' today, but more January sunshine, and a rash promise to my daughter; to match her fund-raising challenge. ( To mark her charity's 25th anniversary she has proposed running 25 x 25 km distances this year.)
    YTD: 61'   and a 40' week. Now, what did I say about some easier miles...? 
  • Options
    Well done TT!

15.04 miles this morning, a warm up, a 1.57 half and a cool down. Although I never warmed up, it was only 20 degrees and a bit of a breeze. Felt cold.

YTD 91.12 miles

• Options
    JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

TT, well done on your post op PB. You did well to bag a place with a 45 minute sell out.

Hobie,glad to hear that your car situation has been resolved.

Donnie,good luck with your long run Friday.

Good mileage Dubai,MrM2 and Cal.

11.01 - 5.2

12.01 - 10.2

YTD - 54.95

• Options
    Struggled to run 15.02 miles on Sunday (dodgy knee after the fall previous Saturday decides to tell me something now)
    YTD = 90.97 miles
  • Options
    MrM2 - next week will be lower in mileage so I'm not knackered for Farnborough half. Good job on the 16.
    Dubai - I guess you've really adjusted to that climate. 20 is uncomfortably warm for me. Nice job on the 15.
    Solid running, JD.
    Harmander, I hope it's just a twinge and you'll be back to your old self soon.

15 miles for me today - I normally do my MLR later in the week but the weather for tomorrow looks rubbish. Took it at an easy pace and it felt mostly OK - small knee twinge in the first mile (which I put down to the downhills at Clair parkrun - knee has grumbled after downhills before) and achey hammy much later, though that's pretty normal for me so I'm not concerned.

YTD: 95
  • Options
    Great mileage from everyone.

Just another 5.5 this morning, a hard interval session.

YTD = 33.8
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Like you Cal I think DR has well and truly acclimatised. 20 degrees is almost unheard of in our part of Yorkshire!

Harmander I do hope you are okay? Has your physio said what it is?

A very, very lazy but highly enjoyable 8.16 miles this morning, hit the only part of the morning when it was not raining and the sun actually came out. One of those I am glad I am fit enough to run, runs.

YTD 69.22
  • Options
    Thanks Cal and TT,
    I had seen the doctor who got my X-rays done on my chest (which showed nothing broken) but it seems the left knee cap must have hit the pavement pretty hard and only after a few days there is a reaction.  I managed the 15 miles on Sunday but it was painful yesterday - I went out for another 10.48 miles today and it was annoying me lots.
    Still managed a faster time pace than I will be expected o do in the Big Half on 1st March and the VLM - will see how it goes in the marathon a week before to be sure.
    YTD = 101.45 miles

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy reading the inputs, the thread seems to be pleasantly busy this year. Long may it continue. 

Over the weekend I flagged up my 'longer run Friday' idea, fallen at the first hurdle, this week its 'longer run a week on Wednesday'! Genuine circumstances. 

Ytd: 42.9
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    So much happening here! Great.
    Cal... good idea to cut back a little before your Half.
    Harmander... Well done on the 100'; hope you'll soon be up to full strength!

Thought that there was more to lose than gain by going out in today's weather, so I did a rare 'treadmill 10k'. Found it surprisingly enjoyable; hitting the higher paces, then easing back before speeding up again. Despite the slow, walk warm-up, finished in 56:30 which is close to 9 min/mile pace. Happy.
    YTD: 67'.
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Like you MrM2 decided that the gym was a better option than outside! Donnie I am sorry to hear the long run keeps being put back, hopefully you can fit in some short runs?

Harmander hopefully you will be back running pain free very soon. 

And on a completely different note, if you want a rest day activity saw 1917 yesterday, brilliant film (and I have nothing to do with it!!)

YTD: 77.22
  • Options
    Rest yesterday, 11 this morning. Was going to do 10 but there was a particularly nice sunrise and I rerouted so I could run towards it for as long as possible.

YTD: 106
  • Options
    TT, was thinking of going to see 1917 next week, do you have a role in other movies?

Still going well Cal.

15.1 3.33
    16.1 9.03

YTD 103.48 miles

• Options
    JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

MrM2,I've only reached 4 and a bit miles on a treadmill before jacking it in because of boredom.

Harmander, hope your knee is feeling better.

Cal,Dubai and Harmander, well done on passing 100 already.

Watched 1917 at the weekend,would recommend it.

15.01 - 4.75

YTD - 59.7

• Options

Weather over her has been properly minging this week so haven't managed too many miles, but have included circuits in my training this year so a run to & from there on a Wednesday helps and body feels a bit more flexible.

Race number for Llanelli Half arrived the other day so need to get a couple of long ones in...hopefully tomorrow as I appear to be working the weekend.

54 miles YTD