Options

The Thousand mile club - 2020

Comments

• Options
    It's even rained here this week Hobie, school was cancelled due rain!!

8.79 miles this morning, and off to sit on the terrace of the Versace hotel today and drink lots of champagne and eat my body weight in seafood, it's tough being an expat!! Hope they have patio heaters, it's only going to be 25 degrees.

YTD 112.27 miles

• Options
    6 miles recovery today - felt quite tired. Not surprising, really.

YTD: 112
  • Options
    Sneaky day off, dentist and domestic stuff in the morning and a nice 10 miles in sun, wind and hail this afternoon. 
    65 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Thanks for the good wishes everyone.
    Just got back from hospital after X-rays on my left knee - the horrible pain in it after the swelling from two Saturdays ago had subsided is a hairline fracture of the kneecap.  Oh well, good job I got a slow pacing time at the Big Half in March and the VLM in April.
    Still managed a sluggish 10.48 miles yesterday - got a parkrun sandwich tomorrow and a 14 mile VLM course familiarisation run on Sunday where I will be taking half a dozen runners from Tower Bridge to the Finish line.
    YTD = 111.94 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Well done to Harmander, Dubai and Cal for passing 100' in the first half of January!
    Cal... I saw that colourful sunrise, but it wasn't after a 10' run! just after an 8hr sleep!!
    Dubai... You could make a name for yourself with that 'diet'. The new 'carb-loading'?
    Harmander... Glad that you've had the x-ray, and know the problem. 'Rest' is obviously not your way to recovery!! Hope all goes well with your planned runs.

An easy 10' earlier this week, then a Seafront 5' today, with strides. Going to give parkrun a miss tomorrow (too much to lose with a crowded, muddy 5k) Hoping to do 25k again.
    YTD: 82'.
  • Options
    Wow Harmander - are you still able to run with that?
    MrM2, probably sensible.
    I nearly had a parkrun disaster today. I travelled up to Gunpowder, which is a long tube ride plus a train plus a two mile jog from the station - not exactly easy - and when I got there it was covered in ice. RD cancelled it, which really was the only course of action.
    Fortunately I managed to blag a lift from some other parkrunners and we went to Roding Valley, another I've not done. However, Roding is very, very muddy and I was in my Zoom Flys, so I jogged it around and walked the stupidly muddy bits for a personal worst. Better than no run at all, though.

YTD: 117
  • Options
    Cal, the answer is yes, gingerly and with the knee tubigripped tightly so the bottom half of my leg doesn't fall off. lol.
    You are right MrM2 - there were no specific instructions from the doctor to say I must not run. I got selective hearing anyway - the genesis of which was an action I took on 5th May 1979 - I got married.
    With enough ibuprofen to subdue an elephant, I managed to pace at 33:15 (did 33:12) for parkrun after a 2 mile warm up, a further 5km with a wannabe marathoner before running home - 10.19 miles - all in just under 1 hour 50 minutes.

YTD = 122.13 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... 10/10 for determination.
    Harmander... Take it easy. Well done, again, for your pacing.

As indicated in last post...gave parkrun a miss today, and went on the 2nd of my 'pledged' 25 km runs this afternoon. Thought the promenade would be clearer than Sunday (tomorrow). Wrong! 16' in a little under 2hr 40 (9:58/mile pace). Last week's was slow so I decided to take it a bit faster today. May do a short run tomorrow while the weather forecast is good; and should take me over the 100' line.
    YTD: 98'.
  • Options
    Take it easy Harmander, though I'm sure you know what you're doing.

Planned long run today, but on the run got called into work, so only 8.12 miles.

YTD 120.39 miles

• Options
    18 miles today starting at 5:30am. Had to be careful due to frost (some surfaces were fine, others not so much) so it ended up being a very slow run, although I did do a mile's worth of hill sprints between 14 and 15, which was the most fun I had all run.

YTD: 135
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Frost here too Cal, so a very slow run, low sun as well, but a glorious day now.

20.14 miles so 

YTD: 97.30 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Frosty here too, but the ground was fine by the time I went out for an easy 6'.
    YTD:104'.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone and great mileage too.
    Congrats MrM2 on joining the Centurions 
    Paced four others from Tower Bridge to Whitehall McDonalds following the VLM route in just under 3 hours. The distance was 14.45 miles.
    Bottom half of the leg still attached lol.
    YTD = 136.58 miles
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    A muddy parkrun and a few treadmill miles take me to 52.7

Harmander: take care, rest is usually the first rule of recovery.

Cal: Toyko just around the corner, sounds like you're on the right track. 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    4 treadmill miles tonight taking total to 56.7

Aiming for 100 per month, will be slightly under for Jan. 
  • Options
    I’ve never been to Tokyo, but been watching James May our man in Japan on Amazon prime and definitely will visit at some point, maybe not for the marathon though.
    You can do it Donnie, 100 a month no problem for you.

6.24 miles this morning.

YTD 126.63 miles
  • Options

Congrats on the hundred MrM2
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Good to see the miles clocking up for people. Harmander good to know your leg is still attached, Pepe do say active recovery can work.

Japan sounds excellent, it is on my list, both for the marathon and a holiday. 

Very frosty morning so on the treadmill, I see it as very good mental endurance prep!

12.85 miles

YTD: 110.15 miles

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    People even, always read before posting!!
  • Options
    Morning all,

Some great mileage already this year, Cal, Dubai and the one legged Harmander of course.

Just another 6 for me this morning.

YTD = 39.8
  • Options
    Good job, everyone. I waited for the frost to melt before going out - no regrets there. Decent 8 miler this morning - sun even came out (although it's still freezing!)
    This will be an easier week as I have Farnham half on Sunday, so you buggers can catch up. :D

YTD: 143
  • Options
    senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Farnham Half Cal? I run the Farnham Pilgrim Half but that's in September and a very nice, if hilly, trail run, but I've not seen a winter half advertised anywhere.

There is a Farnborough half on this weekend, a typo or am I missing out on a race?

As usual lots of good starts to the year, am very impressed with all those of you over 100 already, especially Hopalong Harmander!

Ran my first race of the year last weekend, Folksworth 15M, very slowly, but got round with no problems, but then could hardly walk afterwards - whatever was wrong with my knee is still there to give me some grief, but at least not while I'm running.

YTD          63.19M
  • Options
    Well done on finishing race Senid, and great work by everyone else.
    Couple of runs in work at lunch this week.
    I've got my first race of the year on Sunday...a Team Pursuit...6.7miles (with a couple of hills) everyone starts at 10 second intervals...so some will finish before other start. Teams of 5 with times averaged...no pressure.
    77 miles YTD 
  • Options
    You're right, senidM - I did mean Farnborough (two laps, I believe - not my favourite but it's not easy finding a half in January).
    Well done on your 15. My knees a bit dodgy at the moment too but it behaved today.
    Hobie, that sounds like fun!

12 easy miles this morning - out at 6 and back for breakfast.

YTD: 155
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hobie well done on lunch time runs, very dedicated! I understand totally Cal about races in January, there are three local ones up here and all sell out in less than 2 hours, the record being 38 mins for 1700 places. Personally a race in January means I am slightly more motivated to be out in December.

Cold damp and foggy this morning so intervals in the gym. Everything seems to be calming down now.

10.8 miles so

YTD: 120.95
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    My working pattern does give me an occasional mid week day off which I have to myself. Selfishly, love it when this occurs. 12 mid morning miles at 8min 30 secs pace. 

My next race is the Sheffield half at the end of March, building towards that. Did 1. 47 last year, maybe 1.45 this time. 

Ytd: 71.8
  • Options
    JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

MrM2 and TT well done on passing 100.

Well done on your 15miles,senidM.

Hobie, are your work colleagues still running at lunchtime?

Very mild today out in shorts and t shirt.

17.01 - 8.2

19.01 - 11.68

20.01 - 5.05

22.01 - 5.1

YTD - 89.73

• Options
    Less cold, though I wouldn't say mild, exactly, JD. 6 miles with a few strides chucked into the last mile.

YTD: 161
  • Options
    Hopalong Harmander - love it senidM lol

Great running pees - Cal, Tokyo beckons - you will smash it.

Did 11.10 miles on Tuesday with less hopping - funny thing is the missus twisted her foot and has a hairline fracture near her little toe - Karma is whispered but she still heard me - ouch.  I really believe she did it deliberately to avoid trying to beat her 3:29 Big Half time from last year which I had to drag her while I was pacing for 3:30.  She probably was cacking it as I am pacing for 3:00 this year - she had been taking it easy by not doing enough parkruns and therefore not losing any weight - she is 5 foot 6, size 12 and actually weighs less than me (72 Kg) 
    Anyways,my

YTD = 147.68 miles with todays run yet to be done
  • Options
    pees = peeps, 

As TT said before, always check before posting