Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    So everything comes to an end and so it was yesterday with the streak. I've been struggling with a groin strain and on Friday a mile in 11.09 made the decision for me that I needed to rest up.

So I ran 2414.17 miles and averaged 5.05 miles a day.

YTD 568.72 miles
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, DR! Hope the injury soon clears up.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai... Great streaking. Sorry that injury brought it to an end. Recover well.

Just a simple 4 miles for me this morning, with easy breathing.

YTD: 550' .
  • Options
    Dubai, awesome streak, very impressive but as you say...everything has to end at some stage, hope the recovery is swift and you're able to get back on it soon.
    Couple of days off for me as well after return from a nice wee break in Scotland.
    540 miles YTD 
    47,267ft of elevation 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Just 3 miles today...should have been more but I just didn't feel good at all. Not sure why. 

YTD: 461
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Gone a bit quiet.....? Seems like we're all in need of a little rest? 

TT... Hope that you are still enjoying some running. Don't lose heart. Tell us how things are.

Cal... Hope you pick-up soon.

Today I've done a morning 7' and repeated it this evening. Experimenting with 'doubles' as I can't always get out for a longer run. (Not always convenient to leave MrsM on her own.) 
    Two years ago I ran 76 miles in one week, to mark my birthday. Last year I was bugged by injuries. This year I might be OK to attempt the same idea. So, I've started off with 14 miles. Right ankle has already let me know what it thinks! But I may be able to talk it round to my way of thinking...?

YTD: 564' . 
  • Options
    Great double day MrM2, good miles.
    Back to work today...5 mile lunch run, trying to up my pace a little bit.
    545 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    TT: hope you're OK and see you on here soon. 

Mr MM: good luck with the birthday mileage idea. I like it. 

10k today which was fine. Out in 25.07 and home in 24.51. Yesterday, bit of a long story, but only 1.8. Watch lost my location, motivation went and it was probably to late anyway to be heading out. 

Ytd: 396.5
  • Options
    Dubairunner I'm not sure if stopping at that point would be an annoyance or a relief tbh ! Well done anyway though seriously impressive...

Trying to get back into tuff training after Covid and probably aiming a bit high. Calves ache even after a rest day but Interval session later for me. Had a few easy runs recently to build the mileage again... I do believe my body stats via Garmin watch show that after 4 weeks I maybe back to normal after the Covid so just need to get back to where I was...

YTD 463
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    6 today. Nice and sunny. Felt a lot better than Sunday.

YTD: 467
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Hobie and Donnie. You are both turning over at a decent pace. (Nice neg. split Donnie)

Cal... Glad to hear that you enjoyed a 'sunny six' today.

Had ideas of a single, long run today but that didn't work out! Stopped at just 10 miles this morning, and the last few were tough. (Country roads, undulating, seemed to be too much of a challenge.)
    Got out this evening for a much less demanding 6 miles.

YTD: 580' .

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Managed the long run today; 16 miles. Great conditions. Steady pace (10:17/mile). Cadence could be higher. Happy. 46 miles so far, this week.

YTD: 596' .
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I made it to 478 days, would have loved to have made 500..

Going well MrM2, Happy Birthday!

Few easy runs and trying to stretch 

YTD 581.9 miles

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Is it my imagation or are we running less events than we did? I'm entering less than I did and have ignored a local 10k and HM I might have been expected to do. Maybe it's an effect of park run and being able to do a free timed event every week? 

5.2 and 5.0 on Wed and Thursday evenings. 

Ytd: 406.7
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Great achievement, Dubai...sorry you didn't make it to 500 but these things happen. Still, kudos.
    Very nice work, MrM2!
    Don't know about you Donnie but I'm having to be choosier due to lack of finances. Having said that, I've got the Westminster Mile and Vitality 10,000 this weekend (I entered the latter for a tenner...special offer. Wouldn't have done it full price).

6 miles today also. Legs are strangely sore.

YTD: 473
  • Options
    Nice long run MrM2, going well...600 miles on the horizon.
    Congrats on 400 Donnie, yeah I've entered less due to costs I think...got a 24 mile hill race next weekend...cost £13.
    Dubai, hugely impressive run streak.
    7 miles tonight on canal path in Leamington Spa while on another Uni visit with the boy. 
    562 miles YTD 
    48,884 ft elevation 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai... Thanks. Hope you will soon be enjoying 'normal' running.

Cal... Thanks. Hope those 'sore legs' get sorted for your busy week-end!

Hobie... 'Uni visits'. Remember them well!  (Five children)

Legs were happy to tackle another long run today, so we went for 14 miles. Same route as yesterday, basically, but a couple of minutes faster for some reason? (Takes me to 60 for the week, so far.) Knew it was going to be a good day when two motorists insisted that I crossed the road ahead of them!!!

YTD: 610' . 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Oh wow. I'm still in low numbers here, MrM2. You're really cranking out the miles here.

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... It's all about to change! Really need to work on some pace over shorter distances.
    But first I want to complete my birthday challenge, so got out for 11 miles this morning, taking me to 71 for the week. Just seven miles to do.

This morning's run included a loop that I quite enjoy, when I have fresh legs! So, it was quite hard going today. However, happy with the 10:18/mile pace, for the 11 miles.

YTD: 621' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Southall parkrun today...it's a flat tarmac one so I was hopefully I could get myself under 27 minutes again. I couldn't. Ran 27:22. It's my fastest time of the year, but a minute slower than my run at Brooklands just before Christmas and a long way off what I was doing before lockdown. I am definitely going to need to join you on the speedwork, MrM2.
    That and mile warm-up take me to...

YTD: 477
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Job done. 78 mile week completed with a brisk 7 miles this morning. 
    Not sure how the legs could have been feeling so good at the end of the week, but I'll 'reward'(?) them with some birthday cake tomorrow!
    An undulating 7 miles so the 5k and 10k times of 28:43 and 58:30 are only an indication. Happy with the o'all pace of 9:25/mile. (Age Grade was just over 70%)

O.K. Cal... let's go for the speed work! 

YTD: 628' .
  • Options
    That is fantast MrM2.

Did my fastest parkrun of the year yesterday. 
    Going to volunteer as a Tail Walker next week  - so the missus can beat me, a small sacrifice to mark 43 years of marriage two days earlier.

24/04 - 10.25
    26/04 - 7.25
    27/04 - 5.63
    28/04 - 7.25
    30/04 - 7.25
    01/05 - 10.25

(47.88)

YTD = 628.37 miles
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Amazing work, MrM2! I've never run that much in a week...not sure how you're still standing!
    Nice job Harmander! And happy anniversary. 

Westminster Mile today...bit of a novelty as I've not done a standalone mile before (though I've twice done mile relays). Wasn't sure how my old legs would manage...my main concern was not tearing something. I thought it would be a miracle if I could get under 8 minutes, based on my recent parkruns, but I did it. (7:50). Loved it, too. First time I've taken my lungs to gasping point in a long while. I guess I need to do that more often, eh?

That plus a mile warm-up:

YTD: 479
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Wow lots going on! DR sorry to hear about the end of your streak, personally I think you did amazingly well especially considering the past two years. 

Harmander congratulations on 43 years!

MrMr2 fabulous running well done, a great achievement. 

Cal well done on that mile, I can only imagine the effort which goes into running a mile at speed!

Hobie looking at Warwick??? 

Donnie I have certainly entered fewer, but more because I was focused on Manchester.

Been out twice since the last recording! Been eating lots of 🍰.

Decided to try and do something, swim, bike, run everyday in May then regroup. Have a couple of 10km coming up but I did seven miles this morning so I know I can do the distance.

YTD: 549.57
    EG: 9254
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    TT: great to see your name again. Have a good May. 

Mr MM: well done on the birthday challenge, great effort. 

Cal: love the flat out mile. Doing that in event conditions is interesting. 

Park run in just under 23, is a best since we returned last July, so happy with that. 5 in 39.50 last night. 

Ytd: 414.8
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    TT, after doing the 10K today I definitely prefer the mile! (I've always said 10K is my least favourite event as it's almost the same intensity as 5K, but twice as long).
    Donnie that's a great time!

Anyway, the 10K today...rather similar route to the Winter Run, minus the people in penguin and polar bear suits. The Mall start/Buck House finish was different, too, although the same as the Mile yesterday. I did enjoy the race - great organisation and atmosphere and it was fab seeing Mo and Eilish whizz past on the other side of the road (shocker for Mo that he got beat by a club runner...must have been Cross's best day ever, though!) 
    Left hip was a bit sore for a lot of it, which I'll put down to striding out during the mile yesterday. Nothing I couldn't run through but I could've done without it. 
    I pushed as much as I felt I could but my CV system isn't quite there yet. 55:39 (12 seconds slower than the Winter Run in Feb, so pretty similar...although that was obviously cooler, which will have suited my menopausal carcass more).
    I'm OK with the time but I'd like to see some improvement now. It seems to be a long time coming.

YTD: 485
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... Thanks, and Congratulations on your 43 years!

Cal... Thanks, What a great week-end you've had! Sub-8min mile sounds a bit sharp! Pleased that you still had something left for the 10k! (Yes... a bit of a shock for Mo)
    (Looks like you've already made a start on that speed work!)

TT... Thanks. So good to see you back! Sounds like you've got plenty of ideas for May. (Go easy on the cake.)

Donnie... Thanks. Keeping those runs at sub-8min/mile sounds frisky.

Just a simple 8 miles for me today. Varied the pace, but generally kept it slow.

YTD: 636' . 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 unfortunately going easy on the cake is not going to happen! I can produce a banana and chocolate chip cake in about 10 mins plus the baking time.......

Donnie that's a good five mile.

Cal I take the 10km as more of a relaxed run than that!

Out this morning, lots of lovely dogs, even a squirrel on one of the estates.

YTD: 554.73
    EG: 9414
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Been a bit out of the loop for a few days, great to see so many fantastic runs going on.
    Warwick was good, very impressive Sports facilities at the Uni...hopefully the boy will get in (he's applied as first choice) and might use the facilities.
    I've been away racing the boat up in North Wales so only one little run yesterday on very battered & bruised legs.
    Probably best for me to have a few rest days this week, I've got a 24 mile, 4000 ft elevation fell race on Saturday.
    567 miles YTD
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, Hobie. Your sailing looked like hard work. Your Fell race looks very challenging!

Just a simple 5 miles this evening.

YTD: 641' .