Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    10k on an out and back course. Very gradually, as life returns to a pre pandemic one, I'll probably miss a few running days. Decided to try and run a bit harder when I'm out there. 48.55 for the 10k.

Ytd: 421.0
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Jesus, Hobie, you don't do things by halves do you?

4 mile recovery run today...which seemed to do the opposite. Top of my leg's been hurting all afternoon. Not ideal.

YTD: 489
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hobie I did my first post grad at Warwick. I was impressed by the way the undergrads were treated. I remember the pool was excellent. 

MrMr2 a simple five miles sounds fab. 

Cal sorry to hear about your leg, do you have a physio?

Donnie have I missed you going away?

A slow steady run this morning, managed to be back before the rain started.

YTD: 561.3
    EG: 9602
  • Options
    Thank you all for giving me the encouragement to go for 44 years. lol.
    Good to see you back TT & Hobie. Our younger daughter did her post grad at Warwick - she loved it there too.
    Cal, 10,000m was my favourite distance (back in the day). Sub 8 minutes is good - at the Birmingham mile, Sneh Kaur (daughter of one of our club runners won  the kiddies race in 8:13 - she is six years old - not going to challenge her any time soon.
    Well done Donnie.
    Hope Dubai is recovering well.
    MrM2, am struggling to keep up with you - tomorrow is polling duties so using it as rest day.

03/05 - 5.65
    04/05 - 7.25
    (12.90)

YTD = 641.27 miles

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    5 on Wednesday night in surprisingly blustery conditions. I was also very tired. 

TT: I haven't been away but I few social events are gradually impacting on running opportunities. For example out of tea tomorrow night with an ex colleague and Sunday is a family gathering to celebrate my brother in laws birthday. In lock down I could run all the time! 

Ytd:426.0
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Very impressive MrM2

Less so here, but still on target. April was another 100 mile month, so now on: 

443.4 YTD 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie I completely understand that, lots to do now, and I do things because I can!

Harmander I hope you enjoyed that rest day??

Alehouse well done with the consistency.

A lovely run in the sun this morning, first outing for the shorts of the year for a training run. Now cold again and back with the coat ......

YTD: 567.3
    EG: 9795
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander...keeping an eye on you!

Alehouse... Thanks. Your running is going well; keeping to the schedule.

TT.... Shorts! Have to say that I'm almost always in shorts for my running...even if I'm in hat and gloves, and up to three layers on top. (Southern softy!)

Went to the local parkrun this morning. Results have confused me; my Garmin took me over 30 mins but the official time was 29:49. Either way, I've set myself a low bar for future parkruns at my new age (but same age group). Age grading was only 67%. A mile each way gives me 5 miles for the day. Shouldn't be surprised at the parkrun time as I ran 13 miles yesterday, and 9 miles the day before.

(Must remember the speed-work, but love the distances!? Will have to find a way to combine them.)

YTD: 668' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    MrM2...you can add some surges into your longer runs or fartlek them.
    TT...I was hot on my run today - sweating buckets - and then the cloud came over and it felt chilly again. I guess it's not summer yet eh?

Aldenham parkrun today despite an achey bum (thigh ache eased only to be replaced by that. I wish my bodyparts would just cooperate with each other!) Ran from the station there and then did the parkrun. Found someone from my area had also decided to run it and gave me a lift home, which was nice.
    The parkrun itself was quite a nice one around a lake although the surface was lumpy bumpy and I ran a conservative 28:48. Still, that's all the parkruns within the M25 ticked off (until a new one starts, I guess)

YTD: 493
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    8 miler this morning - legs felt awful - sore and tired. My body's acting like it's done a lot more running than it actually has. It's very annoying. Still, over the halfway point now.

YTD: 501
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... Congrats. on passing 500. Yes, it doesn't take too much imagination to work in some efforts on a long run. (But that always seems like hard work!)

Enjoyed some sunshine on my evening run. Kept it slow, and settled for 12 miles. (10:56/mile pace) Probably ought to be doing more runs at that sort of pace, but rarely do!

YTD: 680' .
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Great to read so many great runs being done on here & seeing the few of you I follow on Strava.

My race on Saturday very much didn't go as well as I hoped...my first ever DNF.
    I started nice and slow keeping someone company for the first couple of  miles, I was then told to go and run my own race so not sure if I tried to up the speed a bit, looking at my pace, it was all over the place...lots of hills and at 17 miles I decided that the pain I was feeling in my chest was suggesting I was on the limit and I wasn't going to manage the last 7 miles (2 more hills). Managed 17 miles and 3,572ft of climbing.
    593 miles YTD
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Return to it tonight, 5 and a bit miles to see how I felt...apart from slightly sore hip, achilles and knees...all feels ok.
    598 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Mr MM: agree about the need for speed. I really must work on mixing up speeds during a run. 

Cal: completing all the park runs within the m25 seems to have slipped through unnoticed. Well done. 

Hobie: glad there are no lasting effects from your dnf. Good to hear everything is fine. 

I managed 5 on Friday, parkrun on Saturday and 10k last night. 

Ytd: 440.3
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Cheers Donnie.
    Hobie, sorry to hear that, but it was sensible to stop if you were in pain. Take it easy!
    6 miles today...body is still acting as though it has done a succession of 50 mile weeks instead of the 20-ish mile weeks it has actually done. It better get its shit together for tomorrow evening's race, is all I'm saying.

YTD: 507
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    5.2 to add making 445.2
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    And 5 for me from the first race in the Wimbledon Trail Series. Managed to scrap a sub-50 which I was hoping for (it's a tough course with some steep ups and downs and technical bits, all of which I'm terrible at).

YTD: 512
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    I really need an event to focus on but looking at the calender it might be September until the stars align. 

6.4 to add at 8 mpm pace 

Ytd: 451.6
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Well done on your trail race Cal, I love trails because you don't have to think about pace...just run & enjoy the freedom. I'm feeling much better thanks. put Heart Rate Monitor back on to check nothing weird is going on & seemed OK.
    Going well Donnie, nice regular miles being logged.
    Club run last night, nice hilly 6 miles with lovely views of the Teifi Estuary.
    605 miles YTD
    55,144 ft elevation
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Hobie, normally that would be the case, but this is a very competitive race where we're in a mob match with another club. I did a trail half a few years back which was very relaxed, but this is definitely not that. Still, not being one of the fast peeps, I run it as well as I can but don't worry if I need to slow down for the tricky bits.
    Unfortunately, right hammy's flared up (it's usually the left that's naughty, but this time right is being a bugger) so I won't be doing the mile race tonight. Trying to run as fast as possible with a dodgy ham is a recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hope the dodgy hammy or two are soon sorted, Cal! And well done on the M25 parkruns. 

I'm very much one for running on the trails where possible; fortunately I have a river at the end of my road plus three trail parkrun courses alongside it! I do think about pace...usually to slow me down. 

YTD: 469.84
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... Good to see you bouncing back after your disappointment at the week-end!
    Congrats. on passing 600' .

Cal... Well done on your trail run! Sorry that you've still got some 'complaining bits'.

Have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with various demands and unresolved issues (mainly related to Mrs M's care) so took three days out. (In the middle of that we had sad news from Brazil; a family member passed away in hospital..non-Covid condition. He was buried yesterday. They don't hang about there!)

Thought I'd try a range of paces, over a six mile run. Finished up with a bit of an indistinct mess!

YTD: 686' .
  • Options
    'Er Indoors' only beat me by about 3 minutes even though I was tail-walking. Had to actually get a run in afterwards to get over it.
    Rest day was good thank you TT.
    Trying to stay with you too MrM2.
    My late friend Ed Whitlocks record for Men 70+ broken recently.  His was 2:54:49 but he was the first 70+ to dip under 3 hours.
    Fauja Singh's 100m record also under threat - 'Fauja said good luck, records are there to be broken'. I told him to avid sounding like a broken record - sadly it doesn't translate very well into Punjabi and he didn't get it.

06/05 - 7.25
    07/05 - 10.25
    08/05 - 5.64
    10/05 - 7.25
    11/05 - 5.63
    12/05 - 5.63
    (41,65)

YTD = 682.92 miles.

Rest day today.
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    I guess my only chance of setting a record is to live to be very old and still running (or shuffling), Harmander.
    Sorry you're having more bad news, MrM2. I guess that's the thing with getting older - more people you know get ill and/or die. Not much fun.

I risked a parkrun today (after two days off - right hamstring unhappy and groin not much better) but stuck with my local one and took it easy (32 minutes). Mile warm-up first.

YTD: 516
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Cal... Of course you are right about getting old(er) ...many friends not around any more.
    We are thankful for every day, and try to make the most of our time.
    Glad that you were still able to fit in a parkrun today, even if it was quite slow for you.

Avoided parkrun this morning but enjoyed getting out for 8 miles in the afternoon sunshine.

YTD: 694' .
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie: my mileage is 'regular' at the moment, I'm ticking over, it's almost mindful! Time to shake it up a little. Seem to be find time for between 5 and 6 miles most midweek nights. I think I need an event, a deadline to work towards. Something to focus my efforts on. 

Cal: hope the aches and pains subside. Well done on the parkrun. 

Mr MM: full marks for finding time to run with everything else you have going on. 

I did 5 on Thursday evening and park run this morning. 23.15.

Ytd: 459.7
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... Thanks. Nice pace for your parkrun!

Had really wanted to run longer this morning but had other duties. So, instead of running tomorrow decided to run again this evening. (Rain is forecast for tomorrow!)
    Feeling quite refreshed after some stretches and a light massage, so set off to improve on the morning run. Happy to run 7' at 9:36/mile pace which is just under 6min/km pace. (Age-grade 70%)

YTD: 701' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Wasn't sure I ought to be running today but I did anyway...6 miles. Just wish stuff would stop hurting. 

YTD: 522
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your sad loss MrM, congrats on passing 700 miles.
    Cal, hope hurty bits aren't holding you back too much.
    A race I did pre Covid just popped up...might need to give it another go.
    Early run for me today...was still warm.
    615 miles YTD 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Good to see everyone is still moving forward!

Donnie the Humber Bridge HM is running, last weekend in June? I can't do it I am at a wedding, I now understand what you said earlier, in lockdown I did not need to concern myself with events like weddings........

MrMr2 I hope everything is as well as it can be, I can only imagine it is not easy to deal with things like that as distance. Well done on the 700.

Hobie congratulations on the 600. Child made any decisions about uni yet? 

Cal how are you feeling this morning???

Harmander how's the weight challenge going????

So far doing well with the run, bike or swim but I did have to add walking last week as the weather was so bad in Cumbria! Trying to add a few hills, easy to do in Cumbria, slightly more difficult over here. 

YTD: 604.53
    EG: 10919 (nearly up Mount Fuji)