Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    One mile warm-up plus parkrun today. Racing tomorrow (lord help me) so just did my local as it was the least stress option. Warm but there was a breeze. 

YTD: 822
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    DonnieLancs website had tickets for £89 plus booking, but by the time I had worked out that I could go the only ones left were £129 and above. Watched the semi final and thought Yorkshire batted well, but fielding and bowling were below par against a decent batting line up. Hope that the batting fires in the final, also. 

parkrun here as well, 25:01. Worsley Woods: not the fastest of courses with two lots of steps up and a hill. Probably had another gear or so though. Garmin all over the place in the woods with kms ranging between 6:12 and 3:17 (I wish!). 

YTD: 710.15
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... The pacing requirements seem quite strict....and it's not the way most people run!

Alehouse...Sun-glare really slows me down. You seem to have recovered well since 'branching-out' judging by your parkrun 25 mins..

Cal... Good call to keep the parkrun local today. Is your race still happening tomorrow?

Despite the higher temperatures in the middle of the day, the early morning runs have been quite fresh. Tried some 400m and 800m efforts in my 9 miler on Thurs. and just tried to keep going on my 9 miler this morning. Not sure what I'll be ready for tomorrow...?

YTD: 1096' .
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Have a great race Cal.
    Hope branch inflicted injuries are getting better now alehouse, sometimes I'm happy being a shortarse.
    Daughters graduation was great and I managed to find a bit of wilderness in Birmingham to run around...so all in all a cracking weekend....and my watch seems a bit more accurate now.
    844 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Nice one Hobie!

Race went better than expected, probably because I was sensible with the pace and just enjoyed it (so much that I ended up doing a neg split). A smidge under 80 minutes. Looking forward to ice cream and wine now. :)

YTD: 830
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... Sounds like a great week-end; graduation and run!

Cal... Your 8 mile race went well! Impressed by the km splits on Strava. And a strong finish!

Got out before 6 this morning and ran 14 miles. (Av. pace was 10:35/mile; not fast but very steady.)
    My second (6.5') lap was half a minute quicker than the first, Happy.

YTD: 1110' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Thanks. :)

That's a good run from you too, especially with the neg split.

I wouldn't normally run on a Monday, especially the day after a race, but since it's the coolest it'll be for a few days, I got out for a 6 mile recovery. Sleep last night was poor (I was waking up almost every hour) so I doubt it'll be any better tonight, especially as it's likely to be over 30 degrees in my flat by then. 🥵

YTD: 836
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Cal: well done on a race. It's that long since I did one, I've almost forgotten what it's like!! 

Alehouse: was cheering for Lancs and it should have been one. 

Parkrun and an early 5 yesterday. Today is bonkersly hot. 

Ytd:684.1
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Rest day yesterday. Enjoyed an 8 mile run this morning (Out at 6 a.m.) ..mixed pace miles.

YTD: 1118' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Donnie, I popped to the shops yesterday and it was like opening the oven door.
    Slept little last night (it was 32.5 in my flat at bedtime so I dozed a bit but then gave up and watched the athletics) but still got out for another 6 this morning. Nice slow pace and some strides at the end. 

YTD: 842
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Slow half marathon length run this morning - temperature tolerable but achilles wasn't happy, the little bugger.

YTD: 855
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Well done on the half Cal, nice one.
    Just a little local Running Club social run with a couple of beers & cake to finish.
    856 miles YTD
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... Sounds like you have a good mix with the Running Club; plenty of social activities. 

Cal... Well done on the Half distance. Might be trying something similar this week-end.

A couple of 6mile days. Not being bothered by the temperatures, morning or evening.

YTD: 1130' .
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    MrM2, yup got to keep it interesting...we've got a mix of people who prefer road running and the wise among us who love trails...everyone loves beer & cake.
    Too nice last night for me to not go out, weirdly quiet on the coast path last night so was lovely.
    This time next week I'm off to London to watch Formula E at The Excel...if anyone from that end of the world is around on Friday afternoon for a little run.
    863 miles YTD
    78,760ft Elevation

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Strange weather here! 38 on Tuesday, but for this morning's run in heavy rain it was 13, felt like 11! Both the heat and today's rain had an impact on the miles! 

YTD: 728.7
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    That looks nice, Hobie. 
    How does the race work...is there a track inside the Excel? (Despite being a Londoner I've actually never gone in!)

St Albans parkrun today...1.5 mile run to the park from the station, then the parkrun, then a 1.5 mile trudge back, which seemed to be mostly uphill. Oof! Time nothing to shout about (27:49) but got age group 1st at least.

YTD: 861
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Well done on the 1st place Cal, a win is a win even in age group.
    Race at Excel goes through the building then out one end along the supply road then a few corners at the other end and back in...2.25 km...race is 45 mins + 1 lap.
    Another club cake run last night in the woods and a coast path one today in the drizzle...nicer.
    872 miles YTD 
    80,121ft elevation 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    No rain, no cake....just great running weather.
    Made it a triple loop today (Popped back home between loops to check on Mrs M2 and grab more drink.)

So, made it to 20 miles. (Had wanted to do this run for ages) Av. pace was 10:19/mile which seemed comfortable (?)

YTD: 1150' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    That's excellent, MrM2!
    Interesting, Hobie. I take it Formula E is electric, because the fumes would be rather unpleasant otherwise.
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Slow 5 mile recovery this morning.

YTD: 866
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Cal, 100% electric...it's being shown on Channel 4...or watch from the DLR railway platform. 
    6 miles coast path in wind & rain today...very humid over here.
    878 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Tues- impossibly hot. Dubai - I've no idea how you do it. 

Wed- OHs birthday, out for the day. 

Thursday-went to the evening racing. 

Friday - work celebration. 

So four days off. Park run yesterday and today 7.7 in a poor time which really hurt. 

Ytd: 694.9
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Did my usual 5 mile loop then down the street and back to add 0.1 making 

Ytd: 700.0
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Rest day today; yesterday was mile relays. I ran the three miles to Battersea Park as a warm-up, then did the race. Very much enjoyed the event but disappointed to run 8:02, which put me very close to the bottom on individual times (285/294) and was slower than the Westminster Mile in May. It's an out and back course and I think I was just too cautious on the outward leg.

YTD: 870
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... Congrats. on reaching 700' !

Cal... Well done on the relay run. (We all want to be a bit faster!!!)

After a rest day I ran Mon and Tues; a brisk 7' and a steady 8'.

YTD: 1165' .
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on 700 Donnie, great work.
    A little fell race for me last night, gorgeous weather 3.5 mile race with 1050ft of elevation...biggest entry of 45 for this lovely race...some seriously quick yoofs (couple of Welsh Team vests out there).
    Managed my quickest run/walk up the hill & a stunning run across the top of the moor & back down for cake.
    882 miles YTD
    82,096 ft elevation
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well done Hobie!
    I'm not feeling very well (nothing serious, just a bit grotty but who knows, could be mild covid) so no going to run until I feel a bit better.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... sounds like a tough fell race...the things you do for cake!

Cal... Hope the 'grotty' feeling goes away quickly!

My two pairs of trainers arrived a week late! Never mind. Yesterday I wore the Asics Cumulus for 4 miles, then repeated the run with the Mizuno Wave-riders. Both very comfortable. 

YTD: 1173' .
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    MrM2, there's very little I wouldn't do for cake....I really need to get new shoes...apparently 1100 miles is too many.
    Nice little slow run & chat around local wildlife swamp last night...great to see the water buffalo up close. 
    887 miles YTD