Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Donnie, and congrats alehouse on the continuing streak 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... Sorry to hear that the Dorking 10' didn't go to plan.

Out by 6 this morning in wonderful sunshine to enjoy a 9 mile mix on local roads. Happy to average exactly 10min/mile pace.

YTD: 910' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    I can't streak...body won't tolerate it. I do at least try to walk on my rest days, though (gym is closed for a refurb/rebuild so I am also doing some kettlebell stuff at home).
    Sorry about your ankle, Dubai...I've done mine loads of times and it does mean time out, alas.
    5 sluggish miles today.

YTD: 650
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... How are you recovering from the week-end?
    Do you think the horses are getting slower? or is Man getting faster? Must vary, year by year. Or is it all down to the conditions? 

Another 6a.m. run. In fact it was an exact repeat of yesterday's 9 mile route. One minute quicker today; 89 minutes, giving me an age-grading of 69%. More amazing sunshine!

YTD: 919' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Another 5 today but with some faster bits to try and rev up my legs.
    Getting hot down here...

YTD: 655
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Nice 8 mile club run tonight, good test to see how the legs have recovered from Man v Horse, feeling ok.
    MrM2, think it's a lot down to conditions, fastest horses passed me earlier than usual but some parts were very wet so maybe faster for Ricky...he was World Champion Fell Runner so was always in with a shout. Good to see coverage on national TV. 
    741 miles YTD 
    69,530 ft elevation 

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    I'd think horses might struggle on some of the more technical bits (although I don't know how technical the course is).
    An 8 miler for me too, but this morning. Went out at 6 and it was already getting warm by the time I was done - I was quite thirsty by the end (I usually only take water on long runs). Enjoyed the run though.

YTD: 663
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Out Wed and Thursday for 8.4 and 5.1.

Probably to warm later today but doesn't matter, I'm watching t20 cricket tonight. 

Ytd: 585.5
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Warm one tonight for Friday run group...lovely 6 miles around the trails of the wildlife park.
    747 miles YTD 
    69,937 ft elevation 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Watergrove parkrun today...hilly and partly on cobbles so not easy! Happy to get just under 32 minues.

YTD: 666
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Allowing myself just one long run per week while I work on some shorter efforts. So today's plan was for something around 15 miles. Legs had other ideas! Seemed to have very little life in them. So, settled for 10 miles. By this time I was averaging 11 min/mile pace, and it wasn't going to get any better. Not sure what the problem was but look forward to some better days.

Did a 4 mile run on Thurs. including an 8:30 mile.

YTD: 933' .
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Just dropping in again to wish Cal a Happy Birthday. And a Well Done on the tough parkrun.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Today's parkrun took me over 600 miles for the year, so nicely on track (famous last words!). 24:44, so not too bad...but three years ago I was running two minutes quicker with seemingly less effort, so some way to go! A couple of hills but nothing as drastic as those at Cal's! Hope that you are having a decent birthday weekend. 

YTD: 603.6
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Nice to hear from you again Dubai - good luck with the recovery.
    Pacing back to normal (within 10 seconds of announced time).
    Congrats on the 600 Alehouse and happy birthday Cal - a devilish total if I may say.

14/06 - 7.25
    15/06 - 8.25
    17/06 - 8.25
    18/06 - 10.25
    (34)

YTD = 918.01 miles

Have asked 'peace and quiet' as my Father's Day present tomorrow - so they all came around today to wind me up.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... Glad that you've been able to rescue that pacing reputation!!! 'Peace and Quiet' is exactly what my old Dad used to ask for. Don't think he got much of that...?

Alehouse... Mileage building steadily! And do I know that feeling...'but three years ago...!?'

Good friends again (legs and me)...really don't know why they were so pathetic yesterday. But credit where credit is due; they turned over at a decent cadence this morning and gave me a steady 10 miles at 10min/mile pace. (Perhaps it was a Fathers Day , one-off, special?)

YTD: 943' .
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    I fell over Friday, not running, in a crowd leaving the cricket at Trent Bridge but a proper tumble. Massive bruise on my left knee. 

Anyway, park run yesterday and 5 miles this evening. 

Ytd:593.4
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully bruising not too bad Donnie, cricket sounds like a dangerous sport.
    Awesome miles MrM2, hats off to you matey.
    I joined (very briefly) local group of ejits, having a crack at the Ceredigion Coast path 60 odd miles....I joined for a mighty 4 miles.
    751 miles YTD 
    70,531 ft elevation 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Donnie, good that you consider yourself young enough to have fallen over, rather than have had a fall. :lol:

6 miles yesterday on the mean streets of Manchester.

YTD: 672
  • Options
    No running from me and won’t be for a while. Twisted ankle wasn’t improving and a trip to the hospital shows I’d fractured my fibula. Thankfully it’s a clean break and no surgery required. So currently for work with my foot in a boot.
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Ouch, sorry to hear Dubai, hope that heals well and as quickly as possible.
    Joy of working from home today for me so out & down the beach for lunch for a few barefoot beach reps in the breakers...make me lift my knees.
    754 miles YTD
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... Hoping you have recovered well from that bruising. Closing in on 600'  .

Hobie... Thanks. Think I'd keep well clear of any coast-path events. Barefoot reps...? Experimenting?

Dubai... Sorry to hear your news. Hope your recovery goes well.

Thought I'd keep the thread alive, today. Reporting yesterday's 10 miles; Gave my last four pairs of Asics trainers a 2 mile road-test, and then compared with my (over-used) Mizuno Waveriders. I'll still be using them all in some sort of rotation, hopefully including some miles on grass.
    Rest day today.

YTD: 953' .
  • Options
    Sad to hear of the difficulties Hobie and Dubai.
    MrM2 - thanks for dragging me along.

Did  a 13.5 miles on Father's Day and again today when one of the GP's completed her 10km continuous run - within four weeks of starting training.

19/06 -13.50
    21/06 - 13.50
    (27.00)

YTD = 945.01 miles

Good news - I have been offered a pacing slot at the London.

• Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    As always some impressive mileages being logged.
    Cheeky little race for me last night...local market town has been hosting this since 1976...basically set off from the cattle market run up the hill just outside town and then run back down again...all road and for the crazy distance of 1.7 miles...2 quid to enter....I came 6th.
    756 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Oh Dubai, that's not good! Well, at least you have a pool...
    Good running, MrM2 and Harmander...and well done on your 6th place, Hobie!

A 6 mile plod yesterday and a better 10 mile run this morning. Hammy and achilles are a tad grumpy so I will have to watch that.

YTD: 688
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... Always happy to have your company!   Well done on the latest 'graduate'! Quite an achievement. And congrats. on your London Pacer news.

Hobie... Unusual distance! Well done on 6th place!

Cal... Thanks. Sorry that you've still got 'grumpy' bits. But you're doing well to find a variety of runs. 

Another great morning for running. Out at 6 for what I thought might be a 'brisk' 7 or 9 miles. Wanted to get close to 6min/km pace (9:39/mile). Nine miles at 9:47/mile. Happy. (Just short of 70% Age-grading.)

YTD: 962' .
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Cal: I definately fell, I didn't have a fall! Interestingly Emma Barnet used exactly the same phrase on Mondays edition of radio 4 Womans hour.

Hobie: your race remains me of a well known cycle time trial at Monsal Head in the Peak District. This is about 800 m, standing start and up a steep hill. 

Harmander: well done on London pacing etc. 

Mr MM: great mileage and you're seemingly over the niggles of last year which is great to read about. 

5.1 warm miles on Tuesday night. Should get out again today. 

Ytd: 598.5
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    I did get out today, hot evening, 51.30 for 10k. 

Ytd: 604.7
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well done Donnie.
    I did a 5 mile recovery run yesterday. Today is a rest day.

YTD: 693
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Yeah a lot of the races around here are very not normal...whatever that is.😂.
    Little road trip this week to Birmingham, Alanis Morrisette concert and a catch up with daughter.
    A couple of painfully flat canal tow path runs while we were there, rude not to.
    771 miles YTD 

Well done on 600 Donnie.
    Great pacer news Harmander.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    parkrun this morning plus warm up nudged me a little higher. Reasonable run on a course that I hadn't run before, even though I had run at the venue a couple of times in 2014, the last with my now departed friend, Ron Hill, on the occasion he completed his 50 years of running every day. He was in my thoughts today. 
    The course includes a nasty hill: there is a sign, "Angina Hill"! A slower time than my fastest on the previous course, but an improvement on age grading. 

YTD: 631.2
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.