Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Close to the 1000, Hobie! Well done!

Count me out of the Beirut marathon support team please, Harminder! DOn't do marathons. Or heat. 

Still ticking the miles off slowly here: 

YTD: 835.1 miles. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Posters might have detected some mild panic about my prep for the Oct Yorkshire marathon.  Hot weather was hurting the long runs,  and I'd not mentioned I was expecting two blanks weeks (this week and next)  due to a family holiday in Brittany.  Not so fast,  we're boating and the tow paths are brilliant for running.  So far,  4.8,  5.2, 6.4 and 4.6 making 

Ytd: 790.8

Weather up dstr: its pouring down. 
  • Options
    More than half the year has passed, can I join in this late?? :wink:
  • Options
    JUst checked my yearly stats - I'm at 800! Let's hope I don't get hit by a truck or something, seems like things will work out!
  • Options
    Alehouse, there is also a half - lol.

Welcome on board Lucas,

• Options
    That's good, Donnie - have fun eh? Are the rivers OK? I saw photos online of the Loire running almost dry, though not sure of their veracity.
    Welcome, Lucas...don't tempt fate eh?

Not a great day. Couldn't do the planned parkrun due to the strikes, so decided to go local. Chose Brockwell then almost had a panic attack trying to cross the South Circular (note that there wasn't actually much traffic and it was perfectly safe, I just couldn't make my legs go) so had to turn around and run back to Tooting Common for my local. I'm really annoyed with myself - I've had mild anxiety about crossing wide roads from time to time, but I've never actually failed before.
    Local parkrun was very busy so I ran an uninspiring 29:07. Meh.

YTD: 1036
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie...enjoy the hol. and the towpath runs. (Still remember one of our children being puzzled when she heard 'towpath'. She said, 'I know what a foot path is, but not a towpath.'  Understand the confusion; how do we ever navigate this language?!)

Don't seem to be firing on all cylinders these days; apart from feeling drained I'm beginning to wonder if I have some AF returning.
    Ran a regular 7' loop on Thurs.. Hope to get out later today.

YTD: 1277' .
  • Options
    I hope not, MrM2...it could just be that it's been hot for weeks and your electrolytes are out of whack. I'm pretty sure that's also why my guts have been in a knot.

Fortunately, today was much cooler and nicer for running and I didn't have any of those kind of issues, nor any road crossing panics. Got 16 done with the middle 8 at a faster pace, though I didn't manage to hit target pace. I may still be too tired. I guess we'll see how I do at the Big Half. 

YTD: 1052
  • Options
    Friday was club social one so I included a beer break on the beach mid run...well some of them are planning to do ultras so need the practice. 😁. Saturday I went to do a bit of parkrun practice...nice and easy doing the timing on the app...sadly no sailing again, no wind.
    982 miles
    91,515ft of elevation 
  • Options
    Nearly there, Hobie!
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... Your 16' mixed-pace run sounds good, even if you didn't quite hit your target.

A second rest day for me! Got out on Saturday for an unsteady 10'. Hope to run tomorrow.

YTD: 1287' .
  • Options
    I'll tell you what, MrM2, it certainly took it out of me. I felt exhausted yesterday. Still hit the gym, though.
    Today: 6 miles recovery plus another mile full of strides.

YTD: 1059
  • Options
    Felt in need of a few rest days, with all the sailing stuff going on, work and home life I was just feeling knackered over the weekend...ordered new shoes yesterday so back on it today 5 miles at lunch time & probably entering a little local half in September later.
    987 miles YTD
  • Options
    Ooh what shoes, Hobie?
    10 miles today.

YTD: 1069
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Tomorrow is the final day of our Brittany trip. Invited by friends to share a boat, they've a time share arrangement to use a boat which takes them to various parts of France. Boating isn't a world I have much experience with but a hugely enjoyable trip. River is the Vilaine,  its low in parts but usable,  some of the canals near to Nantes are closed 

Three more tow path runs,  4.0, 8.0 and 8.2 making 

Ytd: 811
  • Options
    Sounds pretty good to me Donnie, and some runs as well.
    Cal, trying Asics Gel Nimbus 24...got about 1000 miles out of 22s.
    Club run tonight was a hill run...up and back down.
    993 miles YTD 
    92,293ft of elevation 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... closing in on that 1000 miles! Enjoy the new trainers!

My 6 mile run, two days ago, was pathetic. Although I was feeling a little more energetic today I only improved my time by a few seconds. Added a 7th mile to round off my tally for the year, so far.

YTD: 1300' .
  • Options
    I might be alone in this but I actually rather enjoy hill sessions, Hobie.
    Sounds like a great trip, Donnie.
    Congrats on the ton-up, MrM2. I know how you feel about the run. I was supposed to do a medium long run yesterday but there was a biblical amount of rain in the morning (plus thunder) - I don't mind a bit of rain but this was torrential. So decided to go today instead. Weirdly, despite a decent amount of sleep and a rest yesterday, my legs felt rubbery and heavy, so I only managed 6 miles. 

YTD: 1075
  • Options
    Thought I'd start Ultra training properly today with a run to run club, a few miles of run club then run home...didn't end well...towards the end my knee started hurting....bummer. so slow shuffle back to town and blag a lift home for last 6 miles.
    Oh well... bit of rest needed...any tips appreciated. 
    1004 miles
    93,047ft of elevation 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of the knee issue, Hobie. My only advice would be to see a physio!

Today's run took me over 100 miles for the eighth month in a row. 

YTD: 865.6
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Ah not good, Hobie. My tip would be consult a physio...find out what the root cause is. Well done on the 1000 though.
    Good job Alehouse.

A couple of clubmates of mine were celebrating birthdays at Wimbledon Common parkrun so I decided to do that rather than go somewhere new. It's not the easiest one to get to, though, so decided I'd just run there and back - 5 miles each way. There were substantial breaks between the legs so it wasn't continuous - in fact the start was delayed due to hornets on the course which meant a last minute course change. Still, ran a half marathon's worth of miles (none of them fast, mind).

YTD: 1088
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... Well done on passing the 1000 miles. Sorry about the knee. New trainers? Do you wear them down evenly? If not, the new ones will feel quite different. (You said that the old ones had notched up a thousand!)

Alehouse... Keeping up a steady, monthly tally!

Cal...parkrun to half-marathon in a single day! So happens that my tally for the day is similar.

A disappointing parkrun this morning; 29:57 official time. First mile was about what I expected at 9:20 but finished with a 10:22! What is happening?
    A mile before and two miles after gave me 6 for the morning. Then this evening I did a 7 mile run. Curious to know if I would still be at 'very slow' or just the 'normal slow'. The nine hour rest seems to have re-set my pace to something more regular, but I'll check that out in a day or so, on a longer run.

YTD: 1313' .
  • Options
    Cal, MrM2, well done on a couple of nice half distances...I tried resting with ice yesterday but knee doesn't feel much better today so a call to friendly sport physio is next on the list...got a feeling this isn't going to be a quick fix but at least I got to 1000 eh!!!!
  • Options
    MrM2, mine wasn't much better at 29:51, but the "B" course was a little long and the first lap was congested. Still, rather slow, even with the excuse of a 5 mile warm-up!

Good luck, Hobie...hope it's nothing too serious.

Had a decent 18 mile run today (I wasn't sure how far my long run would be after yesterday but energy levels were better than expected - I actually could have done the whole 20 but decided it wasn't really necessary). Still on the slow side but getting there.

YTD: 1106
  • Options
    Congrats on the 1300 MrM2, the 1000 Hobie and 1100 Cal (see you next week at the Vitality)
    Have been engrossed with the closure reports on projects that forgot to log in here.

14/08 - 10.25
    16/08 - 7.59
    18/08 - 8.25
    20/08 - 9.77
    21/08 - 13.77
    23/08 - 5.25
    24/08 - 8.25
    25/08 - 8.25
    27/08 - 9.27 - pleased with almost perfect splits at fastest parkrun this year
    28/08 - 11.65

(92.30  - but over 15 days)

YTD = 1363.54 miles

• Options
    Indeed! Good solid work there, Harmander. I'm on the lime green start.
  • Options
    Cal, You will have finished by the time I start lol.
    The irony is that we (pacers) are expected to be at a briefing before 7:00am and some will be waiting for three hours before their wave sets off.
    So it's not all that glamourous but still worth it to see the smiles and gratitude helping those who would otherwise not realise their dreams of finishing.
    I am truly blessed this year, the missus is starting from the North and I am from the South. she also has a ten minute head start on me - maybe this is the year when she finally beats me as I am pacing at the second slowest time. Am seriously thinking of swapping our numbers so on the clock I would still have beaten her. lol
    My problem is the following week at GNR - I hope I can deliver on the pacing time.
  • Options
    Ha ha Harmander...mean. But I'm sure you'll be fine at GNR.
    5 miles recovery today. 

YTD: 1111
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... Hope you are OK and not 'climbing the wall' yet!

Harmander... Still going strong. All the best for your pacing!

Cal... Belated congrats on passing 1100'. Well done on your 18', especially after a 13' the day before!
    Trust that all will go well as you prepare for the Half!

Happy to get out for a 10 mile run this afternoon. Not an easy route for me, and I don't know why it was so easy four weeks ago?! (by 40secs/mile!) None the less, was encouraged that I could keep going, after some discouraging outings in the last couple of weeks.

(Hoping to notch-up 51miles this week in celebration of our 51st anniversary at the end of the week.)

YTD: 1323'
  • Options
    MrM2, yup....not enjoying this much climbing wall might be a challenge  :D I think I'll be staying on 1004 miles for a few weeks, but will enjoy seeing the amazing mileages the rest of you manage to clock up.