Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Harmander well done on the 100. I saw the membership option but it was sold out. We have a family tartan, very serious in terms of not wearing the wrong one!

Alehouse I am always amazed when runs in Manchester are flat, we lived on the last street on Gt Manchester and the house behind us was below us.

Cal congrats on the 100, but not the active colon.

It was the LSR this morning, I really wanted to go outside, even planned to do part of it outside if the weather warmed up but the ice is still here now....... So 18.13 miles on a TM, not fun.

YTD: 156.13
  • Options
    Burnham-on-Crouch parkrun today, plus a warm-up...which took me a little off track and I nearly missed the start of the parkrun itself. Oops. Still my fastest time of the year at 28:25. But that's a low bar.
    Well done on the ton-up, Harmander!

YTD: 106
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie don't know whether you will have picked this up but the NE Lincs HM is cancelled.
  • Options
    Got talked into a 15 mile run this morning...guy I ran with is planning a 24hr Triathlon...3hr swim, 12hr bike and 9hr run...what could go wrong.🤣.
    121 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Thanks TT, and Cal.
    Dubai, keep it up, so inspiring - making me feel guilty at times.

7.03 miles today including parkrun (was only 8 seconds under scheduled pacing time). Going to knock off another minute next week.

YTD = 108.09 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Harmander!

Cal...Good to see an 'OK' parkrun.

Hobie... nice 15 miles!

Looking on, enviously. Thankfully we have both got positive results from our Covid tests now! However, I've had annoying foot issues that have prevented me from running. Doesn't seem to be P.F. but aches and twinges just 'pop up' almost anywhere on the foot, randomly.

Looking forward to some warmer weather?!
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Huawei band: it was cheap, I think it's rubbish but I may have messed up the initial set up. Back to argos tomorrow. 

TT: that was breaking news about the ne lincolnshire HM. I'd still like to do a spring HM, but nothing standing out. The Retford HM in early March is a little to earlier. 

Doncaster parkrun yesterday. Terrible situation with a participent suffering a heart attack. The race director and volunteers were brilliant. It seems their actions and an on site defib saved a life. The doncaster parkrun Facebook site has asked for donations to replace the used park defib, apparently they need £100, the appeal has passed £1100 within 5 hours. Just to say it again, the director and volunteers yesterday were brilliant. 

Its been 6.2, 3.1 and 5 since signing in. 

Ytd: 78.6
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie I think it being cancelled was a bit of a shock to a lot of people. So pleased to hear about the quick response at the ParkRun. 

MrMr2 how are you today??

Hobie that sounds tough!

I ran outside, it was clear, no ice, no snow, little wind and it was bliss. Even saw a bunny. Spin class to warm up. 

YTD: 162.21
    EG: 981 (at last some elevation gain)
  • Options
    Donnie, wow, thank god for the defib. Hope the runner recovers. Well done on your 15.
    TT, nice! I've seen bunnies on Wimbledon and Mitcham commons though not my local one. Foxes, though, we have aplenty.
    Me too, MrM2. Actually I don't mind the cold apart from when it makes stuff slippery (I don't like that at all) but I am really looking forward to it being light at 6am.

Yesterday was a real fail for me...I was supposed to do a long run but just couldn't face it, which is really unlike me. I felt underpar both physically and mentally.
    But I did 6 miles today and it as OK.

YTD: 112
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Happy to get out for a simple, test run of 4 miles. Ten days since the last run, so took it easy and checked out all the moving parts. Even the troublesome foot was happy, but Garmin seems to have forgotten how to use its GPs.

YTD: 74' .
  • Options
    Donnie, good to hear parkrun runner is ok, great response. 
    Bit more pacey 3 and a bit at lunch today.
    124 miles YTD 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal how are you today?

Hobie are you WFH at all? Or is a lunch time run literally at lunch time??

MrMr2 good to see you back out.

Spin and run again, colder but no ice and no snow. This keeps up and we will be declaring summer have arrived!

YTD: 168.4
    EG: 1177
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Argos have replaced my cheap hewuei fitness band, in a moment of madness I went with a replacement rather than a refund. 

At the moment I'm running either 5 miles or 10k as both are routes I've done before so know the distance is accurate. 10k last night. 

Ytd: 84.8
  • Options
    TT, usually if my lunch runs are between 3 & 5 miles I'm in work...longer lunch runs will be when I'm at home.
    Having a rest day today (bit of yoga later), got a marathon to do at the weekend for fun.
    The 24hr Tri might have changed timings a bit, so 9hr run could be through the night now.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks TT...Yes, feeling almost 'normal'(?) again. 
    Yesterday's four miles was like a tonic. Body wanted more today, so went out for 5 miles. (Pace was 9:28/mile, and had me closing in on 68% age grading). Only just above freezing but very light winds, so, great conditions, although I look forward to being slightly less 'wrapped-up'!

YTD: 79' .
  • Options
    Fine, TT. Decided to make yesterday a gym day but did 10 miles this morning.
    Hobie...a marathon...fun? :lol:
    MrM2, sounds like you've turned a corner.

YTD: 122
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hobie I am going to echo Cal, a marathon for fun???

Donnie how's that new watch?

Cal good to see you back with a 10 miler. 

MrMr2 wonderful to hear.

Not often I recommend films, I think the last one was 1917 in 2020, but if you can see Belfast do. It's really good.

TM intervals this morning, 10*800m followed by gym and a swim, very lazy swim. Good thing too, we are back with the ice. 

YTD: 175.87
  • Options
    Runstreak day 392

20.1 6.2
    21.1 1.25
    22.1 4.12
    23.1 4.47
    24.1 8.31 
    25.1 13.09
    26.1 3.03

YTD 124.72 miles

• Options
    Runstreak day 393

Was a very pleasant 27 degrees, gotta love the winter. 3.03 miles

YTD 127.75 miles

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai... Still making us envious with those temperatures!
    Runstreak seems to be going well. Half marathon distance a couple of days ago?! Looking good!

Probably should have given myself a day to recover from yesterday's drive to the coast...and all that it entailed, but keen to get out this morning. Slogged my way through 8 miles.

YTD: 87' .
  • Options
    I think we forget how tiring travelling is, even if most of it is sitting down. Well done for getting out there, MrM2.

Nice intervals, TT. I just couldn't do them on a treadmill. Even when I walked on one recently I had to hold on for fear of losing my balance. My brain can't deal with them, apparently.

Dubai, that temperature would be horrible in London, but I guess it's a dry heat out there. And you're well acclimatised, of course.

7 miles today including some hill reps. Not done that for a while.

YTD: 129
  • Options
    Have reported the spammer above too
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    TT: You asked about my watch!! I've brought cheap and I'm paying the price. This is the background. Years ago I spend about £130 on a garmin watch. Good, liked it but all I every did was look at distance and time. I was only using a faction of its functionality. Saw a cheap Haewuei band which claimed to track time / distance. It's hopelessly inaccurate.  At the moment every run has to be 5 miles or 10km as they're routes I know are correct from my old watch. Its time to go back to Argos, get my money back and spend what I should have done in the very beginning.

YTD: 94.8
  • Options
    DubairunnerDubairunner ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I assume the spammer has been removed Harmander unless you're referring to Cal? 
  • Options
    Runstreak day 394

7.03 miles

YTD 134.78 miles
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    DR from what I have worked out if five people flag as spam it is removed. 

Donnie I have a fenix 6 pro, do not use half, even a quarter of what it can do, but it is so reliable. I had a 3 which went through me, the OH and is now on the wrist of a friend at the Tri club, they do last. 

Cal I think I have just had to learn to use a TM, unless I start running between the front and back door!

MrMr good to see you out and at the coast! Which one?

It was cold, but no ice, even light at 0715 so I was out the door. Lots of dogs and more bunnies.

YTD: 176.54
    EG: 1337
  • Options
    Heh Dubai, cheeky! If five people flag a post as spam, it automatically disappears. So we can all do our bit to keep the spam away.
    Gym today...did 12 miles on the new spin bike though (well it's not a new bike...but they moved it from the Battersea gym to the Tooting gym I use, so new to me) which took half an hour.
  • Options
    TT: coming back to the flatness of Manchester, there are almost no hills to the south of the city. Indeed from my house I can easily run to five flat parkruns plus a sixth that has almost no elveation apart from a nasty set of steps. 

YTD: 143.54km/89.19 miles. Happy with the start to the year, distance-wise. Not sure where my speed has gone to though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    My parkrun today was Barclay, north of London - a multilapper (four big laps then two laps around a small lake) on hard path. The hard path was appealing after weeks of dealing with mud and trail, but it also turned out to be rather undulating, which probably wasn't wise two days after a set of hill sprints. A rather disappointing 29:01 but it's another one ticked off and it was overall pleasant. 

YTD: 133
  • Options
    I'm claiming I was the 5th person to flag the spammer  :D 
    What a stunning day, set off on our fun run at 8, straight onto a very windy Pembrokeshire coast plath, off that after about 8 miles onto a few more trails, lots of steps and hills...joined by a couple of other people...nice easy pace, lots of chats and a bit of extra distance we set out to help someone do a marathon and she did an ultra.
    27 miles, 3645ft of elevation 
    162 miles YTD
    15,554ft elevation