Options

sub or about 4h30 hopefully

Comments

• Options

probably being single and lonely helps! RH said she'd find me a wife but hasn't done so yet!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

I'm busy knitting one for you image

• Options

ooh! soft and fluffy!

• Options

and runs if you pull her?!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

She's a real purl!

Day 24 of streaky streak was 5.51 miles across hard ground.  Nothing exciting happened.  Total mileage now 167.26.

• Options

Keep running red, your doing a fab job image

Jim good luck with your plan, that's some awesome weekly mirage you will be clocking up, mathe you should be thinking about trying an ultra? Just don't forget to. Drop your mileage every so often for a week both with your weekly mileage and your long run distance to allow your body a week to recover from the miles.

im settling for 10k training for a couple of months with a longer run at the weekend when I don't have a race, did some good intervals this evening. 8 x 400m with 200m recovery averaged 1.31 per 400m

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Thanks Andrew image  Nice intervals.

Today, day 25, was 5.75 miles - 2 miles warm-up along the lane to the post box and back and then the rest on the treddy as the wind was impossible!  So, a nice tempo run, not quite at my 10k pace but not far off.  Serious speedwork starts next week as I've just entered the Brigthon 10k in November - let's see if I can end the year with another pb image

Total mileage now 173.01.

• Options

What is the current 10k PB?

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

0:54:20 set at the Brighton 10k in 2007 which is the year I started to do multiple marathons to 'celebrate' (!!!) my 50th birthday. I'd run 5 x marathons plus 2 x ultras (35 & 52.4) with the last and toughest marathon, Beachy Head, just a couple of weeks beforehand so I had no expectations of getting anywhere near a pb time but I managed to beat my previous pb of  0:54:34 so it was a great end to the year image

I've only run 1 other 10k since then, which is shameful really, which was the Ashford 10k in 2009, over a hillier route, which I completed in 0:55:44.

• Options

just popping in to say my 10k race today went not too well; 7:40 average pace was okay (pb is 7:32 average) and it doesn't matter as the race length was reduced by a faulty swing-bridge which was meant to be used... so the race was about 8.8km (garmin said 5.48 miles) instead of 10km / 6.21 miles. Oh well. Well organised race but shockingly expensive and not value for money.

I'll aim to do a LSR tomorrow to make up for it!

• Options

that sounds really frustrating jim!  looks like your pace was not bad tho. as you say, close to ur pb pace so thats a real posibility in the not so distant future?

Red, im sure you will smash your PB with all the miles you have in your legs, 10k will fly by!

• Options

my last 4 races have been PBs and if I felt better I could well have been my time. It wasn't a particularly good course for a PB, very windy and with a couple of city centre inclines. Next race is a 5k (PB almost guaranteed!) and then a flat 10k, then another 5k (same course, it's a series of 4), then an undulating 10 miler, then another 5k then a flat 10 miler.

With this race written off (not a 10k, so doesn't count towards any PB list) it could now be 11 PBs in a row!!!!! Goodness knows what the 5k time will get down to after four races though. Target (set by a drunken bet last year) is 21:45...

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Gunk quotient high today with my peak flow just scraping above 200 and I sound like an asthmatic old woman - oh, that's exactly what I am isn't it?!

Day 30 - 5.92 miles with some hill reps thrown in to make me wheeze even more! I refuse to let the gunk interfere with my running challenge.

Total mileage so far 202.48 image

Thanks for your confidence Andrew!

Jim, that must have been very annoying.

• Options

200 miles in a month, RH? wow, you're becoming a running machine, young lady! I'll be intrigued to hear how your PBs are smashed after this!

• Options

Third race of the year on Sunday (and third different distance) 10k this time and all being well, I should be the owner of a new PB by Sumday afternoon. But not counting my chickens just yet, a lot can go wrong on race day!

• Options

good luck Andrew! a PB should be a good'un... weather for the weekend looks good for running!

8.75 miles this evening, 8:42 average pace. Lovely!

• Options

race went really well today, never pushed that hard before but it paid off, crossed the line in 43:03 thats over two mins off my previous best time. Now fingers crossed my body holds together (Physio this week to get a few niggles looked at) and then aim is to take another min off that time by the end of july

• Options

fantastic, Andrew! Well done!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

Well done Andrew.  Another minute would be extra brilliant!

Today was a treddy session of 5.55 miles - 1.5 miles warm-up then 3 miles of (.11 @ 8 min miling with .09 jog recs) then 1.05 miles cool-down.  Next time I do an intervals session I shall do 3 miles of .12 with .08 recs and so on until the 8 min miling bits all join together and I can manage 3 miles @ 8 min miling.  That's how I started running 11 years ago but the faster pace was 10 min miling back then image  

Total mileage now 242.46 and only a couple of weeks until the birthday change in mileage to 5.6 which doesn't seem that onerous now I've got stuck into it.

• Options

5k PB, 22:33 which was "fun"!!!

1st mile 7:12, then 7:23, 7:19, and 0.05 mile x 7:00 pace then 0.05 mile x 5:30 pace. Yummy!

A few days of rest/easy then a 10k race at the weekend. No rest for the wicked!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Wowee Jimbo, that's a cracking time for your 5k!  What's your target for your 10k?

I've just had a 5.55 mile hat trick - 3 days on the trot.  Yes, I did make sure today's run was exactly 5.55 miles just so I could have a hat trick.  Yes, I know I'm a saddo but it's keeping me amused image  Total mileage now 253.51 and I'm looking forward to getting all the 5s in the next couple of months.

We're having a fund-raising coffee morning and cake sale in the village tomorrow to help with my fund-raising so I'd like the weather to buck up please so loads of people will come along.

• Options

10k PB is now 46:47 (set in early April) so any time below that would be good! it'll be a bit of an unchartered run though as my 5k time in the predictor says 46:50!

Scary thought though - I really enjoyed running at 7:15 pace!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

Well, what a day we had yesterday.  The sun shone, the people came for coffee and cake and they were very generous - we made £800 in 2 hours!  I could hardly believe it.  People who couldn't stay were popping in and leaving envelopes with money in.  Fabulous total and much more than I expected (I was secretly hoping we'd make about £250!).  Yay for my wonderful village and lovely people who helped out on the day and with all the baking image

I didn't get out for my run first thing yesterday so I had to go out in the heat of the afternoon and my it was hot!  I struggled with the heat and wheezed my way round 5.71 miles along eh river and through woodland.  Today I was out by 6am which was much more pleasant and I did 5.62 miles all cross country and across some rather overgrown fields which was hard work.

Total mileage now at day 41 = 264.88

Jim, good luck for tomorrow.  Hope it isn't too hot for you and that those little legs run really fast.

• Options

good money raising Redhead, well done!

• Options

10k race - 45 mins 42, which was 23:08 for first 5k, 22:34 for second 5k. Quite good considering that 22:33 PB for 5k just 4 days ago!

Going to have to do a LSR tomorrow to make up the mileage though!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

So a new pb then Jim?  Well done you xxx

Just 5.5. miles xc for me for day 42.  Total 270.38.

• Options

6th PB in the last 6 measured races, 7th in the last 8 races. This year's PBs now extend to 5k, 10k, 1/2M, 30k, 20 miles, marathon. Just waiting for another 10 mile race and perhaps a 50k to complete the sweep!

• Options

Very impressive Jim! Just think how much you could knock off a PB if you focused on one type of distance for a few weeks! Just shows what fantastic potential you have when you have smashed so many PBs running multiple distances! Good luck in what ever the next challenge is (not sure ill envy you if you go for the 50k mind)

Cold all week so combined with Physio advise to back off a little due to Achilles pain I've barely ran. Chomping at the bit to get out again as soon as my head clears enough

• Options

my training was primarily high-mileage half marathon training; my average Sunday run from 1st Jan to 1st May was 13.2 miles, though I did a 30k race and 20 mile race as part of that (both PBs!) and the endurance helped me get round the half with a PB. My reward for that one was to enter a marathon with 6 days' notice, and despite proper training for that one, sneeked a PB too! This week's 10k and 5k PBs were more just due to strength and endurance work! I could concentrate on speedwork for 10k or 5k but would lose that endurance!

• Options

What a Sunday.  What a day - we all went to Chester  image.  He he - you swim in the water - you get on your bike.  Watch the chavs opening cars in the race car parks.  All the Police and they ignore you.  image  www.d2ride.co.uk  All in the glorious sunshine.  Some good times.  Some good shots.