Options

Paris Marathon - 2005

Comments

• Options
    Feeling sick in sympathy for those running London on Sunday ;-(
  • Options
    Hail Hail

In my "final sprint" photo, apparently I am shoving some poor bloke out of the way, and he didnt look too healthy at that point anyway! I dont recall doing this, although as a famous man once said "I have no recollection....".

Guy - will be at the Expo by lunchtime, so will have to have my pasta there. Bringing about 1000g of carbs with me for brekkie, and journey to the start. Will, however, have to "rehydrate" at a local hostelry befor ethe trip back to Glasgow. Any reccommendations for near Liverpool St station?
  • Options
    RB

Good luck sunday . apparently there is a tape that she indoors said she recorded but have not seen yet , unless you are a svelte tall man running very very fast with no one in front of you or a small cross dressing runner also very fast then the odds of you apearing are slim.

Then again she indoors managed to totally forget to record me with a camera on my last marathon

So will check out tape for you and if it exists (inshallah) I will try and copy for you.

Gaza on the run

If anyone is intrested in training in Iraq let me know I have a three week holiday there and looking for training partners - ha ha ha (not joking)
  • Options
    RB Arsene Wenger has the same trouble too so you're in excellent company.

And right across the road from Liverpool St Station is Dirty Dicks although i've never been in there but its meant to be a good boozer
  • Options
    I've only managed to get on photo site a coupla times earlier today - absolutely no luck this arvo.
    Got pics of me, GuyW + NeilE2 thus far - GMx
  • Options
    Can anyone else fill me in on the medical requirements for Paris? Cost, etc
    Do they not accept previous (London) marathon runs as proof of fitness, or does it have to be official documentation?
  • Options
    Go to the photo site so you get the come back later message and then keep pressing refresh. Took me through quite quickly. Only two photos, both taken very early on with me waving. Wish they'd got me pegging home at the end...
  • Options
    Just had my first run since Sunday - god to get out and about and take it easy.

Good luck to all the FLMers.
  • Options
    Chris

Suggest taking a cool shower. It'll probably be October before you can book.

Medical requirements are a letter from your Dr that he has examined you and you fit (at the time of examination at least) to run. Has to be dated within past 12 months at date of marathon.

Some Dr's charge. Mine didn't.

Some people allegedly made their own. Was tempting but I thought a thorough check was good to have anyway.

No letter, no race.

Hope this helps.

Phillip
  • Options
    Hail Hail

David - thanks for info. You've got mail.

Just been on a Radio Scotland "London Marathon" quiz. In quiz terms I only got to Docklands. Hope I get further on Sun!!!
  • Options
    Hey Gaza - me mate who I was supposed to run Paris with is in Iraq for 7 months. He's a lieutenant in the navy and was sent to Bahgdad and seconded to the army to look after the media/press. (I've already suggested Dublin to him on his return). Training may be a problem tho', it's pretty hot out there, especially in full body armour.
  • Options
    RB - not sure of pubs around Liverpool Street - don't go around that area much. There are plenty of pubs around the Leadenhall(?) market but suspect Dave's suggestion is as good as any.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip Phillip just saw my pics and now wish i hadn't. One of em i look like a tryannasarous rex bustin for a piss and the other two look nothing like me but if you want to have a good laugh take a look.
  • Options
    I went to trub of changing my doc since he wanted £60 for medical cert. Didn't like him anyway - so good to change. New doc pleased to hv a healthy patient and gave cert for £20.

Got to Expo in Paris and they didn't even ask me for it!!!

But is best to have one - a genuine one.

I ran 4.5miles last night - 1st time since Sun in Paris - felt great. Lkg fwd to next race Sutton 10k on 1st May now.

Good luck FLM'ers - GMxxx
  • Options
    Sutton is very close to me in Streatham and I fancy trying out my new, fitter body in a fast 10k. Are there any other race details GM?
  • Options
    Have been looking at everyone's photos and see that they've just added some more for me. Bought the one of the finish to prove I did it!
  • Options
    Phillip - the Sutton10k website is:
    http://www.suttonrunners.org - GM

• Options
    Ta GM. See you there!
  • Options
    Will see if there's a Sutton10k Forum next week - if not, we'll hv to start one.

Me offski from Forum until Mon.

All the best to FLM'ers on Sun.

I'll be at Mile14 under STRAGGLERS banner.

ENJOY - GMx
  • Options
    GM, I'll be just down the Highway from you - at 13.5 miles, wearing my orange Paris poncho! I'm heading for the Chandos after, I think all that spectating deserves a drink, don't you? ;)
  • Options
    Bonsoir

on the subject of photos, I wish on the day I hadnt confused my normal underarm spray with the starch...

Anyone watching at London, please give us a wave, 2570, white baseball cap with MALC on the front (bizarrely) and carrying a rainbow windsock (even more bizarrely)

Mt target is to beat Jo Brand!!!

• Options
    Frankee sorry its my humor can be very dry.

If any one interested in following number on FLM mine is 45088. Am hoping for a sub 3:30 feeling confident.

Will pop in for a beer in Chandos after.

Good luck to all the FLM runners. look forward to seeing all supporters where ever you are.

• Options
    GOOD LUCK to all those doing the FLM tomorrow! Unfortunately can't make it down to London tomorrow to support you all but will keep an eye out on the TV for your numbers!
  • Options

First workout today. Managed an hour, which embraced cycling, stair climber, elliptical fitness crosstrainer and some lateral pulldowns. Body distinctly not happy.

Giving serious consideration to doing the Silverstone 10kms - 7.30pm on Tue 3rd May.
    For those who don't know, it's two laps of the actual Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit. A brilliant evening out.

I used to run Silverstone at about 8.20 per mile pace. However, that may be somewhat ambitious for just two weeks time.
  • Options
    jealous looking at FLM
    we had our day last week
  • Options

I'm not jealous in the least. A crowded split start, mile after mile of dull East End. Thousands of giraffes, rhinos, etc.
    Not for me!
  • Options
    speak for yourself i want in on london next year
  • Options
    I had to listen to the FLM on the radio via internet yesterday , sounded great one of the things I miss here is being able to actually watch races .
    Thinking of all those doing back to back Paris/FLM now that is a challenge.
    Back to running and training in the heat
  • Options

Bern

Except when at work, I always do 'speak for myself'! I'm a firm believer in each to their own. If people love running London, that's brilliant. It just isn't for me. Perhaps, the years that I used to commute to London have put me off.

Anyway, Sue's lined me up for Lisbon in December lol.