Options

Any Children with Leukaemia runners?

Comments

• Options
    Sammy-congratulations on you time,that's one hell of a chunk you have taken out of last years time. Very well done!!!!

Hello Alex and Ed, long time no see. Alex sorry to hear of your bereavement,hope everything is ok.

Alex as we haven't heard from you for a while i haven't ordered you a ticket for next weekends Army v Navy at Twickenham. There may still be time to get one although i'm not sure if i can get mine changed (there are 5 of us).If all else fails i'll still be at the same watering hole in Richmond if you fancy a pre match drink.
  • Options
    Hi Rick...

Sorry I haven't been around much...
    All is well though...having had the "dispatching" bit this weekend just gone I am actually attending a "matching" on rugby weekend now - friends are geting married! So will raise a glass to you in my posh outfit...sorry haven't been in to let you know...it's out of town otherwise I would have popped down for a glass first, if only to show you how much weight i've lost!!!

Nevin is pretty definite that he wants to run the marathon next year. I might just join him!!
  • Options
    You still did a brilliant sub-5 didn't you Rio - excellent result.

It was great to see you - one of the best bits about this marathon was (metaphorically) bumping into people on the way around. I met four people I knew, and it didn't half make things easier for a while.

What a great day!
  • Options
    Oh, and Jill and Tom did well too - 5:08 I think. I saw them at the reception and Jill said it was tough, but given her problems in training she did bloomin' well.

God, I'm even talking like a cockney now...
  • Options
    ........ yes, I did finish in 5.08.28, crossing the line holding hands with my husband. We were on for a 4.45 but to put it bluntly if you think Paula had problems last year - you try to keep on running after 21 miles when your ulcerative colitis decides to really kick in ..... it was just a case of can I make it to the next loo and hope there isn't a queue (if you want gory details look in a medical dictionary!!). I was just relieved, 'scuse the pun, to cross the finish line. I did have a fantastic day though, well supported by the family all the way round so I managed to finish with a smile on my face.

No time to recover, 'cos yesterday I had to have a minor op ........... glutton for punishment, timing couldn't have been worse :-( :-""(

But hey, there is always another year .... until I am fully well I shall not be running and will not be entering next year. However, my friend is 40 in 2 years time and has asked me to run a marathon with her, so hopefully if I can return to full fitness, I intend to give it another go (hopefully will persuade husband too).

Octopus - good luck with the Edinburgh Marathon in June. You still have to beat my PB, and I reckon this one you will do in 4.30 xx
  • Options
    Well done Jill that is a good time considering the problems you have had this year.

I loved meeting people on the way round too Octopus and even got to meet MikeG and Sammy who dragged me out of the changing area!!
    sorry I was a bit spaced guys and it didnt really sink in at the time!! I would have given you both a big hug! In fact it is only now sinking in that it was you two!! (Shows how far gone I was!)
    Hope your blisters are on the mend now Sammy. I only had two very small ones to contend with so dont know how you managed at all!!
  • Options
    ... for you nothing is impossible. You were going really well on Sunday, coupled with your excellent Easter Bunny .... come on teacher, positive mental attitude and all that!! Told my children at school today that running marathon is like attitude to school, believe that you can do something and you will. You don't have to be in first position to be the victor; despite the hurdles that may get in your way, success comes with determination.

Keep up the good work ........ I'll sponsor you £26.20 for Edinburgh, and double it if you finish in 4.30 or less. What do you reckon guys, he CAN do it can't he?
  • Options
    Of course you can Octopus. You were flying when you asked me to join you on the run/walk for the last couple of miles! Your run was way quicker than I was capable of at that stage!!
  • Options
    Octopus in 'Flying Round London Marathon' Shock!

What a headline! Thanks Rio!
  • Options
    Hi everyone- how are the legs and blisters?- i am still suffering with really sore muscles-my own fault for not stretching afterwards!- I' still on cloud 199 and am contemplating trying to run/jog/hobble-what is everyone else doing? and how are you feeling-I would love to hear...
  • Options
    Ps-so sad not to have met any of you on the way round or after-I went up to every CWL vest i saw and said Hi during the race but no one recognised my name and quite a few strange looks!!!!
  • Options
    Hello you lot. Im amazed this is still going!

Well I was glued on sunday to the marathon with my kids cheering wildly at all the CWL runners and screaming theres another....commmmeeeeoonnnnnn guys, run, run!

I was suitably jealous, having had major abdominal surgery in November Ive not run since and was pacing the floor in tears, remembering you all from this time last year and remembering what a huge part of my life my running became and the joy of getting round.

I never realised I'd feel so strongly about it and realise how much I miss it.Time to pull on my running shoes again.

My mum entered me for RFL in June without asking me so I suspect one of the kids has been telling granny that Mummy has to run the marathon again.......

Im so proud of all of you for doing it yet again and hope I might be fit enough to join you all again

• Options
    Go for it Jenny Are you doing the Cardiff one? I will be there! Come and say hello.

And if you fancy running in company there is still my WRN groups!!
  • Options
    My god youre as speedy as your marathon running LOL
    Im doing the weds eve one in Cardiff.
    I was just checking the WRN site for your details. I really need some company to get me going again, so long as its not a fast pace, I gave up almost all my work for both the health and family reasons this year so am free the evenings you run now :-)
    It would be really good to get together again.
  • Options
    Its Wednesday in Caerphilly
    Monday in Cardiff

We dont go fast I have all shapes sizes and speeds in both groups. We can start with run/walk too. You wont get left behind or hold anyone up it is all done at your own pace
  • Options
    sounds good. Looks like I might have to make a date for wednesday nights so long as hubby isnt working.
    will email you about it :-)
  • Options
    Ok look forward to catching up with you again
  • Options
    have mailed you via the boards email facility :-)
  • Options
    How quiet can it be, is everyone resting?

Well I raced yesterday, in the same race as a local girl who came 24th in the elite race, and managed to squeeze out another pb by about 20seconds. Swam this morning and did some stretching in the gym (still nursing my ankle) enforced rest for rest of week.

I spoke to the elite girl, Fiona, and it was her second marathon, she did her first in Spain last year. She so moaned about it being cold and no other runners to protect her from the rain. She also said she had cramps, aches and pains from 20miles, so really she is just like the rest of us except she has faster genes.
  • Options
    IS THERE ANYBODY THEREEEEEEEEEEEE........
  • Options
    Yep!

how is it going?
  • Options
    Not bad Rio. Have you recovered? I've not - I've pulled out of Edinburgh.

I'm not injured, it's just that I've got so much on at work and my motivation has totally gone as a result.

Still, it's the holidays next week and I will get on top of work and back to training then.

What's your next challenge Rio?
  • Options
    Hi!!!- still alive and kicking, blisters healing and nails starting to grow, but jeans far too tight!! help!! finding it really hard to get back in to the swing of things..plus selling our house so spending life picking up toys!!! would love to hear from you all! missing our daily chats.
  • Options
    Hi Lindsay,

Don't talk to me about tight jeans.

Too little running, too much beer in my case.
  • Options
    ........... Octopus ..........

I am gutted!!

........ but then I am a sympathetic C of G and wouldn't want you working yourself into the ground. You just concentrate on your studies boy ........ over a beer or two..... headteach and I have great aspirations for you!!

Shall we join YRRC and do some of those 5Km runs?
  • Options
    Sounds good to me Jill. I take it you got the letter from Martin as well. I fancy the idea of running with the club.

It's the weight of meetings etc. that's the problem re. training. Five after school plus a club this week alone - it does for your running life!

Better get used to it though, eh Jill?
  • Options
    Hi guys
    My next challenge is the Salisbury 10miler on 11th june! Anyone coming?

I have been training hard since London. did a 6.1mile league race with my club and even though it was extremely hilly (Even all our club runners said it was a hard race and we run up hills every time we go out!!) I managed 60.52 which was only a few seconds off my 10k at Yeovilton so well chuffed (in fact it is quicker than my official time)

got another league race next week and did a hilly 6.1miles last night with the club. got a speed or hill session planned for tonight with my WRN group.

A few other races in the pipeline over the summer too - local ones mainly then the Cardiff 10k and duathlon in September, Cardiff half in October and then we start again for London next year!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

I've been training hard too. Done two 10k's and a half and got a 10miler at Chorley on Sunday. The p'bs are still coming.
    I'm going to do Cardiff Marathon again to have another shot at good for age!!!
  • Options
    Octopus - You'll make a fantastic headteacher and there is no doubt about it. Upton Noble are a very lucky school. One piece of wisdom though - you know how we have tried to get our leader to take her PPA time - please book yours now and STICK TO IT!!!!

I do fancy YRRC I must have to say and I don't think there is too much pressure to attend regularly. When Charlotte disappears in January I shan't have to take her to work on Tuesday nights, and I am giving up youth club on Thursday nights, so apart from OU study I shall be a little more free - ha! ha! ha!