Options

triple O, Overworked, On call and------Weds 18th

Comments

• Options
    Do they have an upper age limit, Glenn?
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Tulips please excuse me. They were saying nasty things about accountants. Can you believe it?

None that I can identify. Mentally no-one on that thread is over 12 (with the honourable exception of Redhead). Physically we're talking decreptitude to fossil.
  • Options
    Been and said hello. I'll be popping up among the Darksiders next...
  • Options
    V-rap - our families must NEVER meet, even though mini & micro are only 6 & 9 they have all Kevin's abilities already. Today's explosion at breakfast was because micro was given the wrong spoon for her cereal!!!

But then on Monday night the leader of the after-school club said to Mrs "it's a pleasure to have two such nice and polite children" - we did check she knew who our kids were but she seemed to stadn by her view (so much for professionals!)
  • Options
    Just have to say, the parents/kids talking has really made me smile today although have to admit am wondering in light of the teenage antics whether infertility is such a bad thing :o)
  • Options
    Oh Glenn, your grey matter has finally crumbled away. We will have to increase your dosage of dopamine! The Fat Club Party is here on Monday so the wrinklies will have to reschedule for Tuesday. BTW, our accountant is very nice but lacks a sense of humour.

V-rap, I'll pay for Kevin's train fare!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Cath - we parents are too polite to share the worst moments - so you only get to see the good times here!

A colleagure told me yesterday how her little one had flunked a spelling test after weeks of consistently getting 10/10 - only later did he spill the beans that if he'd got 10/10 in the test the teacher was going to move him up a group "and they do really hard spellings" - little cherub she thought!
  • Options
    I know the feeling, Nick!

My Angelmouse is 6 and at home she is the most neurotic little whiner ever to set a scratchy little paw on this planet (the brats next door excepted - if they were mine I'd have had them humanely destroyed by now). According to her teachers she's an absolute delight, she's a proper little professional who just gets on with her work without making a fuss, and she is SO helpful...

Kevin won't even sit at the table with her siblings because they sometimes make a noise when they're chewing their food.
  • Options
    Hi all

Hungover JJ here.

I was going to the gym this afternoon but have decided to catch up with admin and you lot instead.

Vrap, Kevin probably thought she was being very reasonable, in her universe she probably was :-)

• Options
    Hi JJ. Hope the hangover is not undeserved.
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Readhead, in this case it's not my grey matter. JJ seems unable to pin it down to a single date. Bless.
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Not you Josie :-)
  • Options
    V-rap, oh yes

"daaaaaaaaaaaaaad, tell her, she's being disgusting with her food"

"no dear she eating it, now will you get on and eat yours and stopped bossing her about"

"she's not, she's being disgusting, and I have to tell her off because she has to learn"

"if she needs telling off, I'll do it, you just get on"

"but she's being disgusting"

"JUST EAT YOUR TEA" etc etc etc

there is a word limit on postings so a full transcript of a quick snack meal isn't possible)

• Options
    Had a nice night out with antenatal group, I must have had about a bottle of wine but I'm getting old :-(

Glenn, I'll have to have words with Jonny J for nicking my initials :-)
  • Options
    That's JUST how it is, Nick. Along with:
    "I'm starving. Can I have something to eat?"
    "OK then. Fish fingers and chips?"
    "Nah."
    "Spaghetti and meatballs?"
    "Nah."
    "Beans on toast?"
    "Bleeugh!"
    "But you liked beans on toast last week."
    "I hate it now. What can I have to eat?"
    "Baked potato and tuna?"
    "Nah."
    "OK then, what do you want?"
    "Dunno. What can I have?"
  • Options
    Hi all,

Guess what? Finally had an answer from Slimming World re: FLM.

Thanks but no thanks - maybe 2004.

Ah well. Have entered the Flora London Half so not too despondent!#

(Liar)

:0(
  • Options
    Wait 'till they learn to cook...

"Can I make pancakes?"
    *Clattering sounds in the kitchen*
    *Swearing sounds in the kitchen*
    *Alto sax consumes pancakes*
    *Saxplayer enters kitchen*
    *Swearing sounds in kitchen*

They are taught to cook in school, why aren't they taught to clear up afterwards?
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear you didnt get a place dolly and after all that waiting.

Have you thought about a charity place ?

• Options
    Have thought about it but for some of them you have to commit to raising quite scary amounts of money. For the Slimming World place the minimum was £500 and I thought that was quite do-able.
  • Options
    We had that scenario last week, Saxplayer - except that Kevin didn't ask beforehand whether she could make pancakes, I was planning to take her and Ivor out for the evening, and she had decided that she'd make a triple batch because one batch didn't look like very much...

I never want to see another pancake. Well, not until Shrove Tuesday...

She made a delicious Madeira cake once, but it was totally inedible because she'd coloured it blue for a laugh. Her mother did not find it one bit funny.
  • Options
    Sorry Dollie :-(

Come and support with me ;-)
  • Options
    Shame, Dolly.

Keep the training going and you will be SO much better prepared for FLM 2004. See you there!
  • Options
    Hello all,
    Working from home today...yeah right! Sorting out lots of pre-christmas problems.
    Why is it that when one electrical item goes on strike another two feel that they are unable to cross the virtual picket line and also lay down tools!
    Having sorted out one prob I'm in the middle of trying to sort out the cd drive on this pc....I'm sure its buggered even though its only 4 months old. I have spoken to the manufacturer but they insist I run a full system recovery before they collect it so I'm gonna do that next..what fun! (Damn, I'm gonna have to borrow all that software again to illegaly install!!!)
    Next its the house alarm.
    Plus I've just paid my £60 speeding ticket...bloody speed cameras. £60 for doing 79MPH in a 70 zone, I think is mean (especially at this time of year).
    Dragged myself to the gym this morning and feel much better for it, it feels as though it has kick started my digestive system again.
  • Options
    So does that mean Mr Simpson is lost for ever, TFFKABBB?
  • Options
    BBB - do you get to keep the photo?
  • Options
    Tulips did I read correctly yesterday that you are going to do Redcar?
    I will definately be there, that and GNR are my two absolute definates for next year (barring injury). I am hoping that a few of our fellow FFF members will also be there! It can be a FFF day out for all those people who live in the area that Glen hates so much! Grrrrrrr Lancahire lad speaking!!!
    (I do think that he said he might do it though)
  • Options
    V-rap mr simpson will be back as soon as I find the time to change the piccie.
    Haven't seen the speeding photo sax...they just threaten you with that if you get arsey!
  • Options
    Boo to that. At least at Alton Towers they let you see the pic before you pay for it.
  • Options
    I got done for doing 84mph on the M1. Old northhampton plod made a fortune that day.
  • Options
    V-rap -- your house sounds like ours what with all the quizzing of which foods will be eaten and which won't :o)