Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options

PM: congrats on the win. Didn't see it but the reports indicated it was a good advert for English footee. You have to feel sorry for that poor John  Terry...falling over, missing the goal which would have meant Chelsea had won...and all on £150k per week...so many tears for him image

Ok DH, anytime when you are ready.

Expecting the arrival of new grandchild in the next two weeks...today is the expected day but no news yet image

• Options
    Is everyone away for a wet bank holiday? No posts on here for 29 hours?????
  • Options

p'man: yes - i'm still i Spain til weds  - baking hot here  image 

you were so lucky the other night - think most of the world cheered when ronaldo missed his penalty image

• Options

Lucky? - pah! Both sides had good chances and with a little bit of luck we could have been 2 or 3 up by half time and it would have been game over. I don't agree with penalties deciding a game but you have to go with the rules until they get changed. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer couple than Terry and Anelkaimage

As for Ronaldo, I suppose being the best in the world can lead to jealousy! But come on, you cant really prefer cheating whinging timewasters like Drogba, Cole (both of them), Anelka, etc? Just how many of them went down with "cramp" when we started to get on top in extra time?

The only unbeaten team in the tournament won it - justice was done. This might well be the best squad I've ever seen. And next year we could well become the first team to retain it since it became the champions league!

So there!

• Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭

Dh - Good to see you back running image

Well, I'm off to Ireland so won't be posting on here for a bit.  cath you all when I get back.

I know Caz and TR re in Scotland, and Juicer and ER are around there too, so tis gonaa be quite on here for a while.

AA - Oh sun......!  Think ireland could do with some of that !  

• Options

Just got back from a long weekend in the Cotswolds, did a nice couple of runs around Broadway.

TR – No that wasn’t me in the park, I don’t own a green cap.

Off for a 10 miler in the park tonight - best take my water proofs.

• Options

Could anyone running in the Fun Run on Sunday give me a lift there? Carol is at an event in Hay On Wye and I'm pushing Sarah in her wheelchair. Cheers

• Options

PM: not around for fun run so can't help - hope it goes ok for you tho'.

Grandson No2 arrived yesterday after a 34 hour labour - 9lbs 5ozs and doing well.hope to see him on saturday image

• Options

Congrats to all gramps!

• Options

Ohhh very quiet on here.

Congrats on your new grandson Tumps, hope mum and baby are doing well.

PM - Can't help either im afraid, Im off to RAF Cosford tomorrow to watch the Airshow. I forgot about the fun run, hope all goes well, should be a great day, I must remember to get entered for it next year.

• Options

Congrats Tumps and hope mum is doing well.  My first was 9lb 5oz after a long labour, so have some idea of what she has been through!!!    Ouch!!!

No running for me to speak of this weekend, though Club presentation night tonight, so that should be a good night out!     Did a short five-miler round the local woods this morning to try out my new trail shoes and they seemed to be ok.   Need to try them on a longer run now!

Enjoy your running folks.   And good luck to anyone doing the Fun Run - have really enjoyed it on the occasions I've done it (so why didn't I enter this year?   Like you, DH, not organised enough!!).

• Options
    First time at the fun run tomorrow - now I'm thinking about parking or more precisely where to park so I can get away again easily.

Anyone doing Aldridge 10K next week?
  • Options

Really enjoyed the race yesterday. I found the first half harder than anytime I've done it but that's what not running enough does for you! Picked up in the second half and finished really well overtakinga lot of people in the last mile and a half or so. It's quite fun seeing other runners suddenly noticing that it's a wheelchair coming past them! As usual, we stopped just under the start banner so that we could help Sarah walk the last bit. The time was 1.23 at that point so I'm very pleased with that.

And a great atmosphere with lots of support on the route as usual. I think I like this race!

I'm going to New York on Thursday for a meeting. The hotel is very close to Central Park so I'm planning on running in there a few mornings - looking forward to that.

Is anyone doing the Wrekin Road Runners thing on a Friday evening in July?

• Options
    Well done peaceman & sarah , it was a cracking good race wasn't it? Saw Tarmac in the finish area - he'd forgotten his watch and I'd forgot to stop mine! It's possibly the best supported race I've ever seen - crowds cheering all the way . I was impressed with some of the young kids running - belting past me at Four Oaks , ones to look out for in the future.

New York? Central Park! fantastic - lucky you , it won't be the same with out your help over the last hill at Aldridge 10K Sunday!
  • Options

peaceman: Nice Trip!   Been there a couple of times and really liked it.  Sutton Park is bigger though and is marginally safer at night image

Anyway I'm back from Spain and straight into the BvH Tour of Bournville - a race every night of this week.

Race one was 10k approx (general consensus was that it was around 9.5k ) around the roads, paths, parks and fields of Bournville.

managed 54:52 ish.  So quite pleased.

Tomorrow is a vile 7 mile hilly route - I remember how much I hated it last yearimage

• Options

54.52 - cool

so i was about 55.30 or something

i am happy with that

i am not doing tomorrow !!

• Options

Hello all image

Just a quickie before work.

PM - well done on Sun, was nice to see you and Sarah. You must be well chuffed with that time!! image

SD - congrats on your mara p.b image (must have missed the news before)

Johnn - how did you get on in SP on Sun?

AA - welcome back and good luck with the Bourville thing.

Lurker - .... and you image

Had a great run on Sun despite feeling bloated from the haggis (and other ruubbish food), bladdered every night, tired as up til gone midnight every day on holidays and 16M grand total for the 2 weeks previous!! Ran the whole thing at a comfy pace, barely got out of breath and was amazed when I got to the line and the clock said 1:10 (my second fastest time on the course and I didn't even put any effort in at all!?!). Hoping chip time might dip me under the 1:10!?!? TR did fantastically well almost breaking the hour with 1:01. Both really pleased after our holiday life style image

DREADING Potters half on Sun!! REALLY scared of the distance, although if I have a good day like Sun I should be ok. Not done 13M since Stratford!! image

Will be severely cutting my running and mileage now as I am going to turn my focus to cross training for a few months and then pick back up again in Sept. Has started well. Swam 1km yesterday and am running a loop of the park with TR later followed by a visit to the gym for some stepper, treadmil, bike, rower and weights work! :-/

What is everyone up to this weekend? Any events?

• Options

Great time AA and lurker - a whole week of races - blimey!

RC/TR - fantastic times for Sunday. As much as I enjoy pushing Sarah (and getting loads of support) I'd like to see what time I could do on a pretty tough old course. But to get 1.01 and 1.10 is really something, especially after a drinking holiday!

• Options
    RC - do you still fancy doing the Malvern Midsummer Marathon?
  • Options

Hi All

The Fun Run was most enjoyable, great conditions for running!

RC - I managed a PB of 58:30 which I was really pleased about as I had a stitch for the last 3 miles.

Does anybody know anything about stitches as I’ve started to get a stitch every time I run. I’ve had to stop for 30 secs or so (sometimes 2 or 3 times) during my last few training runs as it gets too bad to continue running?

• Options

Well done Johnn image You're clearly too fast for us Beanies so sod off and find anothewr thread image Hopefully there will be some long distance running going on in July ...... where you'll be running slower and you can pace us on our speed work sessions image Looking forward to meeting you and hearing your running stories. You doing Potters half?

TR and I didn't hit the gym in the end after our run tonight. Partly cos TR had no clean gear after out muddy park 8.5 miler, and partly because I could barely lift my legs while running, let alone anything else!! Am hoping it's just the initial reaction to swimming that drained me and my body will soon adapt!?!

Plan for tomorrow is swim 7:30-8:00 and then gym 4:00-5:15 which is to include a 5k run on treadmill, although it's killing me seeing my mileage and ranking so low on Fetch so the temptation to run is strong image

Prue - see you at some stage tomorrow

Juicer - it all depends ........ how runnable is it? If it's pretty runable then my initial reaction is NO as I haven't done anything over 8M really for a VERY long time. If it's a run/walk thing without me spoiling it for you or anyone else, then YES ... am defo child free so have the time. However, have a hen night in evening and don't want to be rushing too much for that, although that shouldn't be a prob. Scotland was lovely wasn't it? image. Saw on Fetch you did a fair bit of walking image

• Options
    Tell me more of this midsummer marathon!

Oh dear just remembered this cheltenham 26.2 - I think I may be overdoing it !
  • Options
    caz - there is a swim league as welll - you can satisfy your competitive urges on that one - it's a lot easier as less people do it
  • Options

RC - the MMM is as runnable as you like.  It's easier ground that the BMR, and roughly the same distance and ascent.  I would imagine it would take us about 8 hours.  As for running - I've gone off it, and will happily just toddle round enjoying the scenery and having a nice day out.  We can buy icecreams in Ludlow.

It goes in a big circle, starting at the Wyche cutting.  It goes over the Worcestershire side first, then through loads of countryside with a big fiesta at the main checkpoint (pizza and jelly last year), and then finishes over the Herefordshire hills (which must be a killer at the end, but I'd like to find out, as I missed the end last year with a twisted ankle!)

Hope you want to do it.  It'll be great.  I'll bring you a pasty image 

• Options

Went out this morning for the first time this week and had to stop after a couple of mins. My right adductor atthe top of the thigh was very sore - first time that's happened for a long time. I must have damaged it on Sunday - bugger! Still, I can rest it until Friday morning in New York and hope it's OK then.

RC - don't panic about your mileage matey. It's OK to drop down a bit sometimes! And you're bound to build up again. 50 miles per week for life is not compulsoryimage

• Options

RC – I think I’ve hit a bit of form as that was a PB . Anyway mara training is another thing and sure you’d leave me for dead over the longer distances.

I wasn’t aware of the Potters Arf, I would have entered if I’d known.  I’m doing the Aldridge 10k on Sunday so putting in a 12 miler training run tonight.

• Options

Last night was day 2  of the BvH Tour of Bournville - 7 mile hill race - two loops of a course set in a strip of lovely North Worcestershire countryside, which culminates in the ‘The Killer Mile’.

Really enjoying my running at the moment and mamaged a respectable ( for me )  1:13

Even did the first 4 miles of hilly terrain in uner 40 mins!! 

Tonight is a straightforward 5 mile canal run - so hope the legs are less stiff by 7 o clock

Don't forget Rubery Crumble a week on Sunday everyone

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/2549171041_2be76e688b_b.jpg

Struggling up a hill

• Options

mr was late home from work last night  - stuck on a train hence my non appearance

and i am unlikley  to be able to make it tonight either since there are just too many "activities" take place in our family on a wednesday

• Options

Well done cracking time Johnn for Sutton Run did try for the sub 60 but was 61mins far to much rest in Scotland the week before but it was a good 3mins faster than last year so very happy.

Looking good AA glad to see you back up and at it.

Potters Half for me also on sunday good hard half and feels like its all up hill will be good to run it again to see if the memory is really that bad, did notice the over day that its a sell out this year.

Nice steady run round the park tonight nice and easy probably 10 min miling down the trails about 9 mile in the mud.

Enjoy NY Peaceman 

• Options

TR - hope you had a good run. What we up to tomorrow night running-wise? I'm sure I mentioned hill reps but I'll be happy just to do a lap of the park if that suits you? I can hear curry club calling us after though image

Juicer - Well you know how to pull my strings ... great powers of persuasion and negotiating technique ..... mention as many different foods as possible image Pizza, ice-cream, pasty ..... I'm IN .... Running Caz says YES!!! image Is it an LDWA event then? Can't remember where I saw it now. Do we have to navigate too? I love that bit image

AA - you're sounding well on form mate!! Some cracking times and best of all you're enjoying it and feeling good. Hope to catch you at a race of a NLRISP soon!!

Lurker - I shall go and investigate, but I'm sure my 3x1km a week max isn't going to break and records image

PM - hope the adductor thing disappears as quickly as it came mate! Enjoy NY image

Johnn - Have a great run at Aldridge ........ my son WON the fun run race for his age group last year image