Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options

Hi all

Caz - great running...as usual. How far do you have to run to work?

Deis - just read your post on mylastrun thread, its great that you are trying to pace yourself better, just remember to slow it down a bit if you want to go further, thats how I do it and I go much further when droppig the pace a bit.  I run a mile in 10.30, so if you run and walk a mile in the same time you are really doing the running bits quite quickly.  Im happy to join you one day on the reservoir run if you'd like, sometimes the company is great motivation for going that little bit further. We can arrange something in the near future.

Prue  - great to hear your leg is getting better, that is good news

AA - Looking forward to running again with you...havent seen ya for ages! and good luck tomorrow.

My hip is really sore at the moment, the outside of my right hip, its like a burning sensation, I felt it a bit on Sundays run but ran through it but it got worse on Monday and it hurts when I walk or stretch the hip....anyone got any ideas????

Im probably gonna rest it for a few days and try a run gentle on Friday and asses it from there.

Tumps - if my hip is Ok im defo up for Sunday image

• Options

I know where the visitors centre is!

Pretty sure I can make it.

Sure DH, that sounds like fun. I sometimes have problems with my hips, but that's just because my back muscles are relatively weak compared to the rest of me, and I don't think that's the problem in your case.

I like that thread; I tend to have a bad memory for events, but writing it down lets me get it all clear in my head, and compare it to other times more easily.  And I like when people say nice things to me.image  I don't really know anyone enough yet to make more than generic comments, but I'll learn.

• Options

Good to hear from everyone. Best of luck to Prue, AA and UM with your injuries.

I'd love to do Sunday but it's the last day of the season and I'll be in Wigan.

Never mind, I'm sure we'll all meet up again soon.

• Options

My ex was a Wigan fan.  I know he loved me, he gave me his Wigan shirt.  And then I got him a signed one off eBay, so we're even.

He still texts me sometimes, mostly to tell me when Wigan is beating Birmingham.  I just threaten to burn the shirt. 

• Options
    running cazrunning caz ✭✭✭

Been busy on here!!

PM - we'll be there to get you at 4:45. Will need to get kids and then battle with the traffic. Don't think race starts til 7:15 though. Part of the condition of your number is that you put flyers on cars for the Cobra Classic .... so we've a little job to do when we get there image

DH - Not far to get to work. Only 3M really but I like to add in a little loop if there is time. Got the bus today due to DK tonight :-/

Prue - wouldn't get too carried away with the old p.b thing ...... a 5M p.b ma be possible but it will take a small miracle to get anywhere near my 42:38 for a 10k!!

As for all you lot planning to run in the park on Sunday .... get yourself down to the Cobra Classic. 14K with the best looking marshalls in the country .... wouldn't you agree Juicer/ER image

Juicer - great news about Berwyn image

• Options
    Meant to say ... forgot my phone this a.m so can't text anyone ... will keep my eye on here to see if PM gets the message about tonight .... could someone text him to let him know, just in case.
  • Options
    Doh DH.  That sounds a bit like it could be a bursitis.  Google 'greater trochanter bursitis' and see if you think it sounds like that.  Me and Prue have had that injury, not nice.
  • Options

RC - no problem, got the message. See you at 4.45. Cheers.

Deis - looks like ex will have the last laugh as they are staying up! (Sorry AA and Des)

• Options

p'man: I think avram will be having the last laugh when he does the double! You must be getiing very nervous - My crystal ball says

wigan 1 utd 1   

chelsea 4 bolton 0  

birmingham 1 blackburn 0 ( mc fadden 94 min )

reading 2 derby 3 ( last minute goal for derby )

portsmouth 2 fulham 0 

moscow   :  Man Utd lose on penalties after ronaldo blasts over bar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

deis: I may go on sunday morning ( will see how knee feels after race tonight )  - What side of b'ham are you as I drive East B'ham ( yardley ) to sutton park.

rc / tr : see you later  at DK10 -It's going to be warm tonight!

• Options
    I'm on the Hagley Road, in Edgbaston, so I'd be coming from the City Centre.
  • Options

Nice evening as always last night at DK .... great to have such a big Beanie presence (Juicer, Prue, me, TR, PM, AA) and Cobra had a fantastic turn out too of 33 members (never seen half of them before!?!? (Must get down the club more often)).

PM and I ran together. Started quite far back really and we took it quite easy for the first 2/3k just to get into it and also due to people traffic. Pace picked up as we passed the km markers and we finished pretty strong I think, and as though we still had enough to do another mile or two at that pace (don't you think PM?). Watch time was 49:55 PM tells me, and clock time was about 40secs slower, so no sub50 on official results image I remember PM telling me at the half way point that we were 40secs faster than the clock time they had there.  We certainly had a much faster 2nd half than first and have come away thinking we could maybe have knocked a couple of mins off if we'd started further forward and set out at the pace we picked up to. However, who's to say a faster start wouldn't have tired us more and we wouldn't have finished so strong!?!?!

Well done to Juicer, Prue and AA ........ was great to see AA do a sprint finish, and PH and Jude (cobra) managed a 10k p.b image

Nice beer and pork sarny after as always ......... although they need to order more baps for next year.

Feeling very positive about my speed at the moment and am looking forward to Eastnor 7 where I COULD get a p.b if I run at the pace I have been for 10k's image Fingers crossed ..... been a very long time since I got a p.b!!!

Big thanks to TR who looked after my little angels so I could run last night ..... really appreciated image

• Options

What do you mean Caz, I wasn't there.  Honestly, the world we live in today!! Can you believe somewhere broke into my car and stole my race number?! Shocking!

Hope you all had a great evening, and hope to see you all soon.

Shame really, as I reckon I would have had a stormer!!

;-)

• Options

Juicer - the really incredible thing is that the person who stole your number looked exactly like you. What are the chances of that happening? Should make it easier when you report the break-in to the policeimage

Great race last night. Quite tough with lots of hills but a good course. Big thanks to RC for running it with me. I don't think I would have done that well on my own. Are there usually that many beanies in attendance? And more thanks to TR for the lift.

AA - I've heard about your balls (crystal of course) so I wouldn't trust them if I were you... Mind you, I have wondered why there is so much in the media about how Wigan will play and not a word about Bolton.

• Options
    Peaceman wrote (see)

Juicer - the really incredible thing is that the person who stole your number looked exactly like you. 

How would you know PM? You reckoned you were following Juicer for most of the race and it turned out not to be her!! How did you manage that? The rear view of Juicer is quite unmistakeableimage
    Peaceman wrote (see)

Quite tough with lots of hills

imageimageimage
  • Options

Great to see everyone again last night and meet Juicer's body double too.

Was somewhere around 1:02:40 by my watch so quite happy to get around unscathed.

p'man: I agree with you about the hills  - That's why ER never turned up - he only likes flat fields. 

• Options

But that was obviously the person who stole juicers number wasn't it?

Yes hills ER. Ones you can run up. Not like that race you mentioned where you have to walk up as it's too steep to run and then, when you get to the top, it's too steep to run down. That's not a race, it's a nice evening walk. Nothing wrong with that of course and nice for the elderly  I'm sureimage. Good to see you last night though.

• Options

Well done all of you on your races.

Im sitting here in pain with my hip, went to sports therapist at Birchfield Harriers tonight and he reckons its not muscular but joint related and to go and see a physiotherapist. I have an ice pack on at the moment and ive taken some nurofen.  I did a very short 1.7 miles tonight on the trail behind alexander stadium around the lake, hip hurt me all the way so I just stopped and came home...im gutted, really I am image

I will continue Ice & nurofen for a few days and give it a proper rest and see how it is over the weekend.

Tumps it looks like I wont get to do the run on Sunday after all but lets see what a couple of days rest does.

One of you mentioned Bursitis a couple of pages back, I checked up on it and the symptoms do sound shockingly familiar....whats the cure??????

Im so upset...Im so into my running its like someone just told me I'll never run again.

• Options
    DH - try not to get so down. We all get injuries at times that mean we have to rest or do other exercise like weights, swimming, etc. Find out what you can still do without damaging the hip. Its very frustrating but hang in there - you will be back running as soon as that injury is cleared!
  • Options

PM's right DH.  Don't worry.  We all get injuries from time to time (some more prone than others), and it's all just part and parcel of being a runner.  In fact, you're definitely a REAL runner now you've done a 10k AND had an injury!! :-/

My cure for bursitis was a long break (6-8 weeks I think) followed by ultrasound to break down the scar tissue.  Since then I've visited an osteopath regularly to keep my pelvis aligned - it was the misalignment in the pelvis that was pulling the one side tight, causing the ITBand to rub over the bursa. My pelvis mostly stays straight now, but will still go out of line occasionally, especially if I do a lot of road running and off kerbs particularly.  I can never tell myself.

Good luck chuck.

• Options

dh: don't worry we all get injuries..... it's nature's way of telling you to slow down a bit  image

this weekend's plan:

1000 Sunday 11 May Visitors Centre

Trail run 

Tumps

• Options

dh: sorry to hear about your injury - as juicer says - you're a proper runner now you have an injury.

Have a good rest over the weekend and see how it is next week.

• Options

Cheers for the run last night PM & RC allways nice to run round SP with a bit of company. Have Tewkesbury half on sunday and it looks like a hot one so no pb this time just a nice run out. Good luck all you marsheling at The Cobra Classic on sunday its a great race and sounds really good fun shouting and jestering at runners to motivate them up the few hills image  

AA you looked very comfortable finishing DK the other night shame about your pork bap though.

See you all soon.

Have a good run on your very long run on sat ladies.  

• Options
    ok, i'll go for a run by myself on sunday   image
  • Options
    Sorry tumps - important business on Sunday. So I'm going out this morning.
  • Options

Just had a great run. Very close to ten miles (my house via Court Lane, Chester Rd, etc to Boldmere, then to Streetly Gate and back) in 82.29.  And the econd half was 2.5 mins quicker. It felt really tough to start with but the second half went great. I think a pattern is emerging here!

Got to SP to find a race about to start (the Bii Charity 10k or something). On the way back, the winner came in with only about 4 people there to cheer him home. I'd have been very disappointed with thatimage

Hope the picnic went well for RC and juicer today...

• Options

tumps: sorry important business for me on Sunday too.

Went out around mid day and did 5.5 miles - nice and warm  image.

p'man: That's a great time in the heat.

tr: good luck for your half tomorrow -especially if it's warm

juicer/rc: hope you're having a nice relaxing day 

• Options

just found a pic of me plodding along on weds

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3001/2480294886_82e04b16f9_o.jpg

• Options
    Looking lean and fit there AA!!

Just recovering now after the Cobra Classic 14K - superb race , Caz and Juicer were there marshalling as well as the tall chap from Milford - How hopeless am I with names?? , superb stuff. I wrote this on the race forum.

""Superb race - really challenging , taking us right out of the comfort zone. Who on a hot day *wouldn't* run through the woods and fields with the dappled shade. Well this race with 80% of it through suburban streets with no shade and acres of tarmac and concrete really tested the spirit and great it was too - a real challenge. Couple that with the unbelievably steep hill at the end and we have a superb race indeed.

Took some sunblock too so I'm *not* a lobster !""

Who is doing the Kinsbury race on Tuesday?
  • Options

warm run in SP this morning and managed to join in with part of the Hill West run as well.

how are the footie boys feeling now?

• Options

Well done MH that is a great race glad you enjoyed.

Had a half in Tewkesbury on sunday 28 it was so not the best weather to be out in for 13 miles but got back in 1;40 something so happy with that but not the best half i have done but a nice medalimage.

Of to the Kingsbury Classic with RC on tuesday night so see you there MH, think it will be just a nice run out as legs are trashes.

Well done ladies on your long one at the weekend  did enjoy the pint and food after cheers