Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options
    Mineral tablets,I always take them in the warm weather because you're losing that much more fluids.

Multi-minerals they're called from Holland and Barrett.

They'll just make sure that all your levels of iron etc are topped up :-)
  • Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    In fact, I forgot my running socks today, but I still went.

Committment, see!

Mileage is not always important ;-)
  • Options
    Jen

Thanks I was thinking of taking spartone again for iron will look for multi minerals next time in Holland and barrett

Greeny

You mean your feet were naked!!! you are hardcore!

Mmmm that means maybe under 15 miles:-)

But you are showing deep commitment for? Swansea 10K?
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Got my new trainers today,got to start breaking them in now.I love having new trainers,it's like Christmas come early!

Poppy,how's the detective work going on info on the half up at Afan Argoed?
  • Options
    Oh new trainers I love new trainers...do you rotate I have 4 pairs I rotate.

There is a 1/2 race on the Sunday @AA but nothing more forthcoming as yet waiting for another response to my email.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Jack - not with no socks!

I guess the SAS training came in handy though (oops, I'm not meant to mention that).

Poppy - Your assumption is basically correct. Swansea 10k, Cardiff half (possibly).
  • Options
    Greeny

I knew you were SAS having seen you in action on many occasion the training shone through:-)

I hope you have entered BOTH races:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    1/2 on the Sunday eh?I knew there was something going on.It's not been very well advertised.

I don't rotate but will start rotating as of now!

Greeny,you're right,miles=agonising blisters with no socks!

• Options
    No it has not I knew nothing till you mentioned it!!!

Pretty unfair as I am sure they would get a bigger turn out if we knew details!!!

I have been trying to figure out how I have got this bug I eat out rarely due to allergies but had lunch out on wednesday but from a report I have read loads of peeps are getting tummy bugs from ice cubes and I had mineral water with ice cubes friend did not have ice in her drink and she has been okay!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hmm,I was wondering how I got it too.I'm very rarely ill and get stomach bugs even more rarely.

It may well be air-bourne as I know quite a lot of people who've had it.Have you had a headache with yours or just stomach probs?
  • Options
    Headache and stomach problems (my toilet is my second home:-((
    I know of only you that has had it!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Headache is what I had too.

You've caught what is going around so don't panic.It's nothing you've eaten.

You'll be ok in a few days.It took about 5 days for me to feel more like myself.
  • Options

Evening All,

Can't stop as off to Aber prior to the race the train thingy.

Tell me which Sun the the AA 1/2 is please and all other details when you get them

Back Sat Night.

All the best for the weekend people.
  • Options
    Good luck Alex!

Go and beat that silly train!
  • Options
    Yes good luck although bet I am too late!!

Jen

Were you okay to run? just trying to see if i will be okay tomorrow morning.

Spoke to top chap at WAA and a friend and he knows nothing about race but going to get back to me if he finds any info out!!

I may lose my Miss Marple status at this rate:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hi,no I couldn't run.I felt proper ill,really lathargic and I think it had been coming on the day I did Brecon 10 because my legs were heavy and I generally felt rubbish but couldn't put my finger on the problem.

Hope your run went ok this morning if you did go.

Another stinking hangover,my friends seriously are a bad influence.

But I can live in the knowledge that Kelly Sotherton was like me when she was in her early twenties,so long as I curb my drinking soon i'll be in 2012 no problemo!
  • Options
    Hi

No up all night again!!!

But have had a little breakfast hoping that stays inside me but so exhuasted cant see me being able to run but it is early in the day maybe best if I just rest and try tomorrow I have an 8k race but will see how it goes today!!

Bad girl you must learn to say NO!!;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're still poorly.

You're just going to have to rest until it goes,sounds like you've had a nasty bout of it because you've had it a little while now.

Everytime I swallow I can taste JD,erggghhhhhh.

In work too,not good.
  • Options
    OOOh you poor girl have you eaten something?

Chew some gum or some mints for the taste to go.

Yes been back to bed think I will have to right of the weekend !!

Ooh working as well you poor girl what do you do?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I work for the Money Shop on the Kingsway.Best rate of foreign exchange in Swansea just for you to know!

Working till 2.30 then going to the Stadium to see my boys do their stuff!

• Options
    Oh and BTW,couldn't even think about eating,even water is not going down very well at the moment so don't think food is a good idea!
  • Options
    Oh that is good to know always get it from the Post office well I only work 2 doors away from it and convienent, but shall go there for my euros from Amsterdam.

Ooh how could I forget you are footy fan...hope the boys do you proud who are they facing?

My lad is a footy fan but Newcastle united same colour but the heart ache we have had to endure is no ones business but he is loyal through and through been a fan since he was 8!!

ooh you poor thing what about a dry piece of toast you should try to line your tum

Will you be okay for Long Run tomorrow?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Yeah,i'll be fine,will hydrate for the rest of the day and once I eat i'll be sorted.My friend is coming up with me and she's going to do it on the bike and keep me company :-)

Swans are playing Doncaster,should be a good game hopefully.

So are you doing Amsterdam mara then?I looooove Amsterdam,what an amazing city.My uncle lives in Den Haag so whenever we go to visit him we make sure we go to Amsterdam for the day.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it do keep hydrated that is nice of your friend and a wee bit of training in:-)

Well that is the question I am entered for 1/2 in Amsterdam but I have till 22nd September to upgrade to marathon all was going well but with this bout of illness not sure !! as long as i can get some solid training more so at leat 5 @20+ mile runs I will be happy as it has gone okay up til now!!

I am looking forward to it my 1st race abroad and never been to Amsterdam before!!

Hope the Swans do well today!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Evening Swansea People,

Well, train beat me. Came in 2:09:01 (my watch)for the 14.7m. Akward terrain and if you are not fast enough by the turn you will get hemmed in on mountain sheep tracks as I found out.

Speaking to some people after you have to 7:30 min mile it to the turn in order to beat train. Train passed me while I was on way back.

Very hot and uncomfortable which I hate and to be quite frank I did not put the effort in during the first half. Felt better on way back and was overtaking (where I could) all the way.

Comfortably run a 6:50 mile and a 7:30 mile for the first 2 but lost my spirit after that until the turn.

Back to the drawing board, or at least the Merthyr 10k tomorrow.
  • Options

Well fed and watered now. Hope all your illnesses sort themselves out. Off to bed

Goodnight.
  • Options
    21 done and dusted today,3 hrs 15 mins which is exactly what I thought it was going to take.Did it all on my own too which was character building to say the least!

Well done on your performance yesterday Alex.

Poppy,hope you're feeling better.

Go Dame Kelly Go!
  • Options
    Hi Jen & All,

Nice 21 under your belt, good. You find it harder on your own ? The other way about for me !

I too hope Poppy is feeling better today.

Plodded round the Merthyr Police 10k today pacing Andrea to a 53:30 (it is actually quite hard to run that slow believe it or not, although after my accident 6 years ago a time like this was the best I could manage). She nearly died in the heat. A good race for a PB for reference next year. Honestly is fast and flat. Not an advisable race if there is a warrant out for you mind !

Only boring races coming up next weekend. Machen 10k or Carmarthen 10k. More inclined to do Carmarthen but would love something about 20ish miles.

• Options

Ah, Spotted the Vale of Pewsey 1/2 next week. Nice country round there, race is off road and there are hills. Whohoo !!!