Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options
    Alex

Sorry you have lost me!!

I never drink but had gone out and had 2 glasses of wine bad move so I shall not be drinking again!!!

But I am fine and dandy this morning:-)

Jen

Things are going well for you but it said REST DAY and you have a 43 miles XC session??????

Rest day for me

Have a good day out there:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    No Poppy!

What that means is that during my training week,which runs from Sunday-Saturday,that week I will have done 43 miles + club session!

Hee hee,43 miles XC session!Not even i'm that mental!

Another 6 miles for me this afternoon.

Poppy,are you going up Afan Argoed tomorrow?I can't decide what to do as I have to do 22 tomorrow.So,what I was thinking was doing the half marathon and then doing a 9 mile loop afterwards.

Decisions decisions!
  • Options
    Any news on the start time of the half tomorrow?
  • Options
    Jen

so glad it was the way I had read it;-)

I was worried!!

No idea on start time

I have to do 16 but will see if I can do 20 not sure I dont drive so doubt it.I am not running there and then 1/2 and running home a wee bit too mad even for me;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Well,do you fancy doing it together?

I'd think it'd be a damn sight easier for both of us if we had a bit of company!

Not too bothered about the half seens as it's not even a proper event as such so maybe just go up there and do the run?
  • Options
    Jen

That sounds a great idea but I am slower than you and would hate to hold you up in any way!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hey,come on,you wouldn't slow me up.
    The idea of SLR is for them to be slow!!!
    I have no intention of trying to go fast for 3 hours!
  • Options
    Okay you are on will be great to have company for 3 hours!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Ok,what time shall we go?
    Morning would be best for me,but no real plans all day so I can fit in with you.
  • Options
    Morning is good for me I am an early morning person what about 9am? or is that too early!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I had better make sure I am hydrated and eating well for tomorrow!!

Vegetable paella for lunch for me:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    9am is fine.To be honest,i'd rather get it over and done with early so I can chill for the rest of the day then!

Shall I pick you up at 9 or do you want to be up there by 9?

Email me your address too :-)
  • Options
    Will email you

How about we be up there for 9am?
    Tis up to you

I am looking forward to tomorrow not run at AA since April
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Yeah,be up there by 9 is a good plan.
    Pick you up at 8.30ish?

I haven't run there for one whole week!Having withdrawal symptoms as I only spent 3hrs15mins up there last week!;-)
  • Options
    Thats great 8.30ish it is!!

Ooh how many miles did you do last week then?

I feel like that when in FLM when training partner ask where do you want to go I will always say AA.....Week in week out and it is better for you off road:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I did 21 last week.

It's so nice and peaceful up there and the most amusing thing is when you see the same people on bikes on your second lap around and they just look at you like you're bonkers!

Last week I saw the same people when I was at the start of the 3rd lap.I was only doing 3 miles on that lap but they didn't need to know that ;-)

• Options
    I like it;-)

It is indeed and also stunning scenery as well.

Right I better go and do some work see you tomorrow:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I finish work in 35 minutes,can't wait.Going for a 6 miler then.

Email me your address and telephone number and i'll see you at 8.30 :-)
  • Options
    I emailed you earlier and have just emailed you again just to be safe;-)

Hope you had a great 6 miler
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hiya,got the email,thanks.

Have a good evening and see you tomorrow :-)
  • Options

Hi People,

Well I think I will do the vale of pewsey 1/2 seeing as I have entered this already.

However, went to Cardiff today on a shopping expedition, not that I like shopping you understand, in new pair of DM's and despite putting plasters on my heels now have 2 huge f.o. blisters.

Rats.

Should have worn my stilettos ! Much more comfortable.
  • Options

Have a good 22 miles tomorrow girls.

My plan is to do the wolverhampton marathon slowly on 4th Sept, if I can face the sh******e that is wolverhampton that is. (is is is, indeed)

Phil, I was going to do the St Clairs 10k but really, as the actress said to the bishop, fancied something longer and more substantial.
  • Options
    Alex

How could you go to my favorite place to shop!!

Not been in nearly 2 weeks I will be suffering withdrawl symptons:-(

hope you fetched us girls back a pressie then;-)

When will you guys learn never ever wear brand new shoes when shopping something old and comfy as you are going to be on your feet for 4-6 hours and as a runner you need to protect your best asset.

I know what you mean about something longer I am doing the Cardiff 10K next Sunday will cock my week up will have to do LSR in week.

Good luck tomorrow at your half Alex!!

See you tomorrow Jen:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

I have a pair of size 7-11 socks (£3 for 3 in JJB) for each of you girlies. You will have to fight over who gets the black pair and who gets the white pair.

See, who said men were not understanding of the needs of women.

I am indeed a new man, ubersexual, metrosexual or a liar and really a neanderthal; you choose. (Or could that be a liar *and* a Neanderthal, sooooo many choices.)
  • Options
    Afternoon

Hope your race went well Alex
    Thank you so much for your generous pressie to us girlies you know how to spoil us;-)
    i think one white and one black sock each will be pretty nifty:-)

I think i know which one you are;-)

Jen

Thanks for a great run and your company today 22.2 miles done and yes after a nap food and ice bath I have been and done the 2.3 I needed to make my total to....70 miles I was feeling stiff and achy but after the easy 2.3 miles i feel all bouncy again:-)

So thanks again:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Hi there Poppy,

A bit lacking in motivation today so I have had a day in the house doing nothing. Not an easy thing to do. Just didn't feel like going anywhere today so I didn't.

70 Miles, That's one hell of a mileage. Zero for me after a record 40 last week.

It would take some superior intelligence to think of evenly distributing the coloured socks. I guess you must have a diploma in sock management and distribution.

Good job on the 22.2 & 2.3. Well done
  • Options
    Hiya guys,wow,well done Poppy on your 2.3,70 miles is an excellent week.

Thanks for this morning,throughly enjoyed the run and the time went really quickly.

Had a shower,some food and have been snoozing all afternoon with one sleepy eye on the cricket and the football.

Had my Guiness too,it was delicious.

Off for some more food,starvio.

Hey,come on now Alex,you're slacking ;-)

• Options

Hi Jen, Well done.

In answer to your question it's not like me you know. First part of the week I just couldn't but fri to today motivation on the floor, or lower than that maybe.

Will get going next week.

Doing a bit of office work this eve. First thing I have managed to actually do today whatsoever. Been hungry all day too. Eaten cereal, Sunday lunch a pizza and the usual yoghurts. Only feeling like I have a bit of go now after the pizza.
  • Options
    well, st clears 10km was a bit on the hilly side, so quite happy with my 48-30, judging by others times, it was about 3-4 mins slower than a flat race, so may well enter cardiff on the day next week for a burn at a sub 45.

wp - awe3some mileage - don't overdo it!

mmmmmm, pizza, just had chips for tea , and a chicken madras last night, off out now for beer and darts!
  • Options
    Morning

Hope we are all bright and breezy this morning?

Alex
    You have had a hectic month racing every weekend all the travelling you have done and sometimes something has to give you had a great mileage week last week your body was telling you something it needs a rest and needs food so listen to it,sometime we all need a do nothing sort of day and you should not be guilty about it,and you went shopping so x training on saturday:-)

When you and your body is ready it will be back out there doing the miles again I know that for a fact:-)

So take care and listen to your body

Thanks for well done on run and mileage much appreciated:-)

Jen

Glad you had your guiness hope you have a good 6 miler this morning and a good time at the footy:-)

Phil
    Sounds good for a hilly race see you at cardiff next week then:-)
    I wont over due it I am sure my body would protest.

6 mile recovery run all done think I may go shopping for a few bits today will be my only chance this week.

have a good Bank Holiday:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression