Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options

Hello all

Tracey - well done. Sounds like you had one hell of a day.

I don't mind what we do on 28th.  Looks like Mrs GraV has got something booked for 28th and Seren can't come.  Is anyone free on 4th June?

I don't anything about llamas.  Ask me about pie, cake or adding up and I am okay image

• Options

don't work around me NR because I'm away till the 6th June and the following wekend I'm at Bala sat to monday.....so don't work around mne.I can always do the next oneimage

• Options

Boffin - don't do a google sort on llama pie like I just did.......I found something distasteful involving some very strange people on a website established in 2003 who seemed to be licking each other!!!!

Tracey - I too have been eating cake....Mrs Crimble's Stem Ginger cake from the farm shop near CrossHands. We went there yesterday & whilst we were there, Mike Cuddey (Ospreys supremo) arrived by helicopter to have his lunch in the cafe...I kid you not!

We've had a great day.....coffee by accident at Mandy Beer's house near Bishopston (we drove past and her husband flagged us down!) & then a walk along the cliffs at Brandy Cove.

Just had tea at Dyffryn Arms in Bryncoch....nut roast/chips/Wadsworth 6X.

I love Bank Holidaysimageimageimage....hiccup!

• Options

NR - we are both free anytime....have I misled you with my llama-related mutterings!!!!?

• Options

Grav, that has to be a good reason to stay well away from Llamas if ever an excuse were needed! Sounds like you had a brilliant Bank Holiday... but what will youhave in store for tomorrow?

Me, I've been modifiying an old stone barn - yet more demolition!!

• Options
    GraV - okay no worries.  Sounds like you have had a good day image
  • Options
    GraV, I cant find that site!!!!! can you post a linkimage
  • Options

NR - we have...but don't tell Rose...we'll be reprimanded for unprofessional conduct!

See you soon.

• Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭
    I am a complete idiot. Forgot it was (MW)A's birthday on 28th May and my suggestion that we go out for a 'communal curry' that night, well, you can imagine how popular I was !

Just taken Adam for a day out in London. He loved the tube where he excelled himself by shouting bo**ocks and t*at (postman pat has a black and white one apparently) very loudly to what luckily was mostly the amusement of passers by. We also did the Natural Science museum where after looking at the dinosaurs and so on it turned out that the most interesting 'exhibit' was a bucket under a leaky roof. He was most concerned about how to fix the roof !

Also did the Science museum and was asked to leave a restaurant because he would not behave.

Parents eh ? They just can't bring children up properly nowadays ! I used to hate parents who could not control their kids, now I can't control mine image
  • Options

Morning all

A big adventure for you yesterday WA.  With so much to take in, Adam was probably blown away by it all.  Its what being a little boy is all about.  You are a great Dad.

As for the 28th, I am okay for the Friday after as are most people. Can everyone let me know if they are too?

Lovely day out. Enjoy image

• Options
    Shall we move curry to 4th June then?
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. You can go to your concert then as well Tracey.
  • Options

Morningimage

Alex - Oops! I am sure you did not forget... you just didn't remember either! Posting on the forum the 28th was just a Friday; out of context with other important dates.

I think I am happy to move the date to the 4th June - note the "I think" proviso, as although there is nothing in my diary on that date, that has little bearing on reality image

Sunny day here in the wilderness, spring has finally sprung and everything we dont want is growing!! Just chopped down 1 foot high nettles that seem to have srpung up form no where!

• Options

Boffin - I love this time of year. Walked through the park at the back of my house yesterday. The wild garlic and bluebells are out.  Lovely image.  Nettles are not so good though.

• Options
    Running KevRunning Kev ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Just back from Aberystwyth. Pleased I pushed myself out for a 6.2mile run yesterday with the last 400m being up a 1 in 4 hill!

My Nike+ iPOD told me I'd "run" 2,500 calories this week! Duly celebrated with a pizza and cider afternoon - I love bank holiday Sundays! 

Hope you've all enjoyed the break.

Kev

• Options

Evening all

Lovely day out there.  Ventured out for a run to break up the studying today and enjoyed. My foot seems to be on the mend. image

Well done Kev.  

• Options
    Cheers NR - really sounds like you are on the mend (fingers crossed),
  • Options
    Thanks RK.  Hope to see you at a race one day soon image
  • Options
  • Options
    Evening folks

Went for a walk in the Black Mountains today. A hill called Moel Gornach. We were told it was a nice easy walk for the kids, good views and not covered in people.

You park on the A4069 at 400m, so the climb up to the cairn at 616m isn't at all difficult. The view from the top is really spectacular. You are on the highest peak for a good few miles and so have a 360 degree view of the Brecon Beacons. You can also see Swansea and the whole of the Gower Peninsula, from Mumbles to the Worm and back down the Loughor estuary. And there was no one, not one soul up there apart from us! Best of all, a few hundred yards along the main road is the Rhiw Wen view point car park where there is an ice-cream van!

I definitely recommend this one for anyone with young kids, not much time, short attention spans or poor(ish) health.
  • Options

Evening all

RK - I think I may have entered that one. Will check image

Tracey - thats not far from where I used to live.  It is lovely up there.  Gorgeous day for it too.  

• Options

http://www.runnerslife.co.uk/Ben-Moreau/Race/london-marathon/178

You thought your build up to London was bad WA, try reading this bloke's story.  Made my eyes water!!!

• Options

morning

I appear to have entered next year's VLM image

• Options

Morning Sue!

Well reminded, I have also entered.

I may have also inadvertently entered Boffin, I know he love marathons! image

• Options

Morning all.

Lady Sue's daughter. Thought I would join you in here, hope you dont mind.

• Options

Morning all

Welcome WM.  How is the running going?

Well done Sue, Sweetie and Boffin.  Are you mad?  I will be there too image

• Options

Hi welsh mum....

I'll be in london next year if they don't mess it up again.......image

NR its great to hear that  your running is starting to get back into shape.you have been patient and i know from last winter that thats the only way wioth some of these injuries............I hope the recovery continues..........

I have just realised that we are home on the 4th june...........we will drive back around luchtime so i should be able to come out with you for the curryimage

• Options
    Its all going well. Had a bit of a problem with my ankle, due to my foot turning out. My mum gave me some gel inserts and they helped yesterday. I've been out twice now, 30 mins, r1/w1. Once more like that on Wednesday then I'll try r2/w1 and see how I go. Did a little hill work yesterday as well. I've also inspired a friend to come out with me image
  • Options

Morning allimage

Welcome Welsh Mum - you have all my sympathy regarding ankles! Take it steady and you will be zooming away in no timeimage

Most odd really - not only do I have an uncany nack for twisting my ankles and gaining loads of weight, I also appear to be able to enter marathons whilst I sleep - logged on this morning to find I have entered the VLM ballot....!!