Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options

Hello WA - read your marathon account with interest - well done.

Seren - good luck tonight.

Off to work now - toodle ooh.

• Options

Sue........

You would think that they would have removed or amended the Tour of tourfaen entry on RW.................I knew a few weeks ago that it was canceled through my running club............from someone inother gwent running club......

anyway at least you have something elkse to aim for sweetie.............if you want company for a run one day let me know and I will come with youimage

• Options
    'aaark, 'aaark the laaark in Caaardiff Aaarms Paark. I'll 'ave a pint of daaark and a CLAAARK'S PIE.
  • Options

Morning,

No idea what a Clark's pie is like, but hey.....

Mmmmmmm Pieimage

Cardiff Half? - I'd say I could hop around, but that might be difficult without an OK ankle to hop on! Go Sweetieimage

Like the sound of an Indian, where, when?

• Options
    Indian is my faviourite food.............so if when you decide a date i'm free I will try and come along..........image
  • Options
    Never had a Claaark's pie? But you lived in Caaaardiff for years! That's like saying you live in Swansea and have never had a Joe's ice-cream!

Will you be able to come to Swansea Seren?

I can't do 29th May, it's Daisy's birthday. Friday 28th?
  • Options
    Bhaji-Fest availability: When are you NOT available?

Friday 7th
    Saturday 8th

Friday 14th
    Saturday 15th

Friday 21st
    Saturday 22nd Tracey + Bob

Friday 28th
    Saturday 29th Tracey + Bob

• Options

Friday 7th
    Saturday 8th

Friday 14th
    Saturday 15th

Friday 21st, WA
    Saturday 22nd Tracey + Bob, WA

Friday 28th
    Saturday 29th Tracey + Bob, WA
  • Options
    the last wekend is the bank hioliday one so won't be around...not sure about the one before yet... I will just wait till i see which one you pick....
  • Options
    and alex..............I've been picking up on your bad habits........just opened a 450g pot of yogurt and finished it in one goimage
  • Options
    Nice one Seren!

Just had a BRILLIANT swimming lesson. Usually have 3M the night before and running this evening, but neither this week so was able to put everything into the lesson. Felt utterly broken at the end, every muscle from calf to shoulder is numb! Can't actually move now though and am within reach of a tin full of bread pudding I made last night, so not good...
  • Options

Friday 7th CP
    Saturday 8th CP

Friday 14th CP
    Saturday 15th CP

Friday 21st, WA
    Saturday 22nd Tracey + Bob, WA

Friday 28th
    Saturday 29th Tracey + Bob, WA

Looks  like it will have to be 28 May or the beginning of June.  Anyone free then?

Nice one Sweetie.

Ran before work today.  So nice to get out again.

If you can come along too Seren, perhaps we should look for a curry house nearer you image

• Options

"and alex..............I've been picking up on your bad habits........just opened a 450g pot of yogurt and finished it in one go:"

So easily done ! It is chemically addictive image
  • Options

evening all

water was warmer than previous years.but all that sun has made the weeds grow in the water more so it was weedier................but i have survived..and enjoyed it....................made a fool of my self prior to the event when i put my second leg into my wetsuit i thought it was a bit tight and got cramp in my foot......tried to stand up and realise leg was in the armhole and then i struggled for 10 minutse to get it back offimage

Nutty if I can make the date i don't mind coming down to you lot honest............if I'm driving i'm driving doesn'yt matter if its 10 mins or an hour.........but i'm often busy so won't make the date around me..i'm away the last weekend in May and the first weekend in June

• Options

Hello again

Well done on your swim Seren.  The last Friday in May seems the  most  likely at the mo.  We will just have to have another gathering very soon. image

It was only a suggestion about an Indian meal.  I will go with the flow image

• Options

Morning all

Friday again.  Hope you are all recovering well from last weekend image

• Options

Friday again. I caxn't believe a week has passed since I was up in London . Time goes so quickly.

And Seren, that is a class mistake !
  • Options

morning all

Spin class spun, I worked harder than I intended to and I feel good. I think I have recovered so well I couldn't have worked hard enough last Sunday!

28th May is fine for me so far for the bhaji fest (or any other kind of fest for that matter)

• Options
    Morning all

Took Tom and Daisy to the Harriers last night. They both enjoyed, especially Tom who I think they were being kind to and didn't put him in with the big kids so he won every sprint he did. At the moment he is anything up to 10" taller than the other 14 year olds which is a big advantage! He is keen to go again even if he was tired out at the end and needed to steadily munch his way through a mountain of pizza when we got back.
  • Options

Morning,

Don't  know about Bhaji fest dates yet - will have a chat with Sweetie once I return to civilisation tonight...

Poor Seren! At least you survived the swamp! image

• Options
    Boff - you can all stay at ours if it's easier, my 15 year old is quite capable of keeping order. Your kids would be on blow up mattresses on our kids' floors, but I doubt they'd mind!
  • Options

Fantastic offer Tracey, thank you.  You are lovely! We may well take you up on that!

Right, off for a run!

• Options

Hello all

Glad you are recovering so well Sue.

Great news about Tom Tracey.  Glad he has taken the plunge image

Bhaji fest sounds great.  Shall we try the new Indian on St Helens Road? Its called  Rose.  I went there before Christmas and it was very good.  Let me know and I will book as 28th is not far away now.

Been for a little run today.  Things are on the up image

• Options

Yes, well done Tom and Daisy image That is really good stuff.

I would not mind trying the Rose, same crew (Ishmael as I recall) as used to run the Gulshan and Veranda but not been there for years. Food always really good.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Curry image

Done a 4m run today. Hamstrings still a bit bu**ered. Ran on my toes and ankle was iffy. That really is what went wrong in London. The only way I could run was heel striking and since I don't usually run like that anymore it took its tole. If you look at my vlm pics my stride almost looks like I am in a walking race !
  • Options

Oh dear WA,  I hope you get back to running normally soon.  You did amazingly well considering you had a few weeks of injury right before the marathon.  You will be back stronger than ever I am sure.

Curry sounds very good.  Won't be long now image

• Options
    My stride always looks like that!

Rose sounds good. I love a good curry. Bob has a laws of physics defying ability to eat vast quantities of curry. It's almost worth watching all of itself, quite apart from one's own gastronomic pleasure.

Had a lovely evening tonight. Kid taxi service messed up my run and will be out with 3M in the morning so went for a walk with Bob. Tide was in and really high. Went in Verdi's for a coffee after and found a virgin copy of the Guardian crossword by our favourite setter. Didn't finish it unfortunately, but got pretty close. That's my perfect Friday night these days - pleasant walk, decent coffee, tricky crossword, good company.
  • Options
    And the cocaine, Jack Daniels, dance music and 18 year old boys of course.