Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options

Boff - you have been procrastinating about running another marathon for at least a year so I was just  giving you a little push. It's now up to the ballot fates to decide!

Welcome Welsh Mum!

• Options
    Morning all

Welcome Welsh Mum. Great that you are running, you will soon be as mad as the rest of us but think of all the lovely pies you can eat!

I too am in the ballot, although I am a bit miffed as it is actually my 6th year of entry. They seem to have lost the two from my previous address. Have tried to phone them but they never seem to answer. If I'm honest I'm not that bothered, wouldn't care if I never did another race ever, it's just that I haven't done London and everyone else has and monkey see, monkey do.
  • Options
    Good job it is next year - might even be running by then! image
  • Options

EVening all

Seren - thats great.  Can everyone let me know if they are coming along and I will book a table?  Thanks for the encouragement.  

VLM should be good next year.  Looking forward to it already image

Another  run done and foot is still okay image

Hope everyone's injuries are improving too image

• Options

Hi all

I have won a competiton today.........I entered in march and had an email today...

A place in the lakeland 50 and some montane clothing and a petxl head torch................

I'm really excited and scared.......so will have to ditch most of my triathlon training and increase my running mileage.........and learn some navigation skillsimage

I haven't been to the lake district since I was pregnant with my eldest so will be lovely going back

so 11 weeks saturday i will be in painimage

• Options
    Running KevRunning Kev ✭✭✭

Well done Seren!

Welcome Welsh Mum.

Got a confession to make. Today, in a moment of madness, I entered the ballott for the 2011 VLM!!!

I've only run a HM to date and my weekly mileage is currently 15 - 20 miles a week. So talk about "in at the deep end."

I'll gradually increase my mileage now up to around 25 - 30 miles per week by the time the ballott results are known in October. Assuming I don't get in, I can then in October, if the training is going well can try another marathon - Llanelli?

Had a nice 1 hour of cardio in the gym tonight - it is hot in there. Struggled on the treddie but enjoyed the cross trainer and stair master. Still, got me Nike+ calibrated i the process.

• Options

Well done Seren.  Good luck with the training.

Don't worry RK.  I had only ever run 10k when I got into the marathon in 2000.  Did 12 weeks training and did 3.49.  You can do it image

• Options
    Seren - fantastic, congratulations. You will be brilliant and the Lake District looks fantastic. I've only ever travelled through it but I am really jealous. In a really glad it's not me sort of way.

Kev - oops! Now you've done it! But you will be fine, you will know in loads of time to up your mileage and you are already building a really solid base.

I have just made moon biscuits, a middle eastern delicacy involving ground walnuts and rose water. They are really pretty and unusual. They don't really taste of walnuts either, so if MWA would like the recipe just in case her birthday gets forgotten again...
  • Options
    June 4th - yes, curry, me and Bob, please Nutty!
  • Options
    Cheers Tracey & NR. I know you always give sensible advice so your confidence in me is reassuring - thanks image
  • Options
    Come and have a curry Kev, it'll set you up a treat!
  • Options
    Turbo charging stuff, curry image
  • Options

Curry 4th June

Nutty
    Tracey and Bob

Is everyone happy to go to the Rose Indian?  We could meet in the Westbourne for a drink beforehand image

• Options

I'd love to join you but on the 4th I'm eating in the Thai House in Cardiff on a Works "do" . The Rose looks really nice from the outside!

Talking of which, I'm going to Nandos in Wind Street on Thursday - Hot & Spicy Peri-Peri Chicken - mmmm!

• Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Good luck with the marathon entries folks, and Kev, it is better than Christmas, usually.

Bed for me now, been doing my cashflows. I hate having to do my cashflows image Even more of a problem is that I will undoubtedly have to get up at 6 or 7 o clock.

Ankle still sore here, been trying to run 'properly' (i.e. on the balls of my feet, not on my heels as I had to in the VLM) and it is not too clever. Have been sticking my fingers right in and it seems to ease it a bit. Going to give Whitford a rip tomorrow but really not recovered from the VLM yet really.

Have only run 6.5 miles last week and done one swim. 6m tonight with a few 100m sprints. Onwards and downwards eh ?
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Well, Adam and I had planned a night out in Spearmint Rhino on the 4th June, but seeing as there is a curry on offer ...

Curry 4th June

Nutty
    Tracey and Bob
    WA / MWA
  • Options
    Curry 4th June

Nutty
    Tracey and Bob
    WA / MWA
    Sue
  • Options
    I'm going to see if I can get my Mum to watch the boys so that my OH can come as well........I will let you know later on NR...
  • Options

Morning all

Looks as if the curry night will be a good gathering.

WA - sorry to hear about your ankle.  Good luck with the race tonight.  Hope the cashflows work.

Lovely out there today.

• Options

Morning all

Alex, good luck for tonight, was going to give it a go but dont think the knee is up for it! Anyone else doing it?

Seren, congratulations on your win. I was looking into doing that raceimage

NR/Alex, we have our club mile tomorrow are you coming over?

• Options

Morning.

Sunshine is being shy and hiding behind clouds today!

• Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭
    "NR/Alex, we have our club mile tomorrow are you coming over?"

Yes, I'll come over. Might have to hop it but I'll be there. You doing Whitford tonight ? Looks like good weather for it image If your knee can go sub 3 on the FLM surely it can manage 6 miles on a beach !
  • Options

Hi all

Curry night?? The day before my concert, 4 days before my birthday.

Curry 4th June

Nutty
    Tracey and Bob
    WA / MWA
    SueWM
  • Options

Hello all

Good luck WA.  Just going out for a quick one. This studying makes me want to sleep.

Curry 4th June

Nutty
    Tracey and Bob
    WA / MWA
    SueWM
    Terry and Rose
    Seren
  • Options

Evening guys.

Taking Amelia to Guitar then going to the gym afterwards - catch you later.

Kev

• Options
    FL - sorry to hear about your knee. Take it easy.  I am not sure about tomorrow. What time is it?
  • Options
    NR, hope you can make tomorrow, its at the track at 6pm.
  • Options
    Evening folks

Watch out folks, Nutty's back on the road!

Just had a brill swim. KM time is coming down and down - 26:17 today. Maybe not fast compared to most peeps, but bleeding miraculous for me, was literally laughing out loud when I saw the clock!
  • Options

Well done Tracey, thats excellent.

My running is nowhere near where it was but at least I am out there.

I don't think I can make it FL.  Got an exam Friday night and I may have to go into work on Friday.